ok i will look into the indeed g3,,, i have always been interested in the sound of tubes.. thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 5/27/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productHeadRoom Total AirHeadtagged by System, 5/27/12
- productJDS Labs CMoyBBtagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 5/27/12
- productSoundMAGIC A10 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black)tagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
- Headphone Impedance
The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In addition I OWN the e11 and to me the E11 sounds DARK. I listen to mine daily! And it's a dark amp imo, the treble is nice good air BUT it's still recessed. That being said I used Bass boost 2 [which is why I bought it] and compared to my Cmoy bb the E11 [at bb2] is much darker than my cmon [with bass boost on] my Fiio E6 was also dark.
So I stand by my claim, but I should mention DARK with bass boost on [where as other amps solid state and hybrid tube r NOT dark with bass boost on]
still though I like my e11 <3
OK, with E11's bass boost on 2, sure it sounds dark. But with it turned off, I don't think it is.
And the E6 with the EQ disabled sounds neutral to me....its EQ settings are too colored to use IMO.
i prefer flat.. my ipod eq is turned off and the E11 is on "0",, and im using 7 dollar earphones.. that have no bass (well nothing really low). im completely happy,, i dont care for EQ bumps.. read in a audio book once (25yrs ago) that "an eq should be used to lower a particular freq not to elevate it", so i have always used that school of thought...
If you consider dark losing clarity and detail right across the entire frequency range compared to the sources headphone out, sure. The low end on E11 also bleeds fairly heavily using the EQ features which worsens the problem. I found E5 a decent little amp, and during my testing found E5 to retain more clarity than E11 compared to the source it's feeding from. Possibly some people won't ever know what they're missing without experimenting with other amps..
P.S I haven't come in here to stick up or promote C&C BH, it doesn't need any support and is just clearly the cleaner sounding amplifier. All the members who came from E11 are really happy and can't believe they put up with the other so long, and I say good for them finally experiencing better sound quality. There's members in the C&C BH thread describing E11 as veiled, muddy, boggy, dirty, just like I experienced since changing over.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/25/13 at 3:59pm
E11, as with most of FiiO's amps, measured flat from 20Hz to 20kHz. The only issue with E11, beside minor hissing coming from the MHz switching power section, is that it has a slightly high phase delay on the bass region. This gives listener a bassier, warmer and fuller body feeling - but the truth is, it is still neutral in quantity. You still hear as much bass (and treble) as you should, but the perception of speed (between treble and bass) is a little off and therefore give you the perception that it is not as clear as it should, but they are still all there.
I have not heard any of the C&C, but one needs to look ( / listen) at amp more critically since they can be measured to some standard. Taking iBasso D-ZERO for an example - it does sound really clean, until you take the time to measure it and find out that is is missing a chunk of sub-bass (which is kind of opposite to what E11 does). Sometime things that sounds good to many (i.e. PA2V2 and BitHead / AirHead in my personal experience) can actually be really sub-par in actual measurable performance. It is not to deny that they sound good, but to differentiate what is ear-pleasing and what is performing / missing. These are not always the same thing.
Indeed, the Hifiman Hm 601 sounds AMAZING and is technically bad lol,
still I like the E11's DARK sound. With bass heavy cans and for EDM it's perfect!
SE215 (or the K version) doesn't really need amping. Save the money for now and get a good amp when you a better IEM. If you still think you want to try an amp, get the JDS cmoyBB.
Looking for a portable amp (under $100) to link to my dacport lx, I'm considering Cmoy from fred2004, E11 & C&C BH.
Where would you put the C&C BH next to those 2 amp?
I wonder if dacport lx + portable amp would be better than dacport.
Never listen to the BH before.
I think realistically speaking, I'll spend a bit more than $100 to go with a $250 DAC. A $200 budget will really give you some excellent option. If your budget really is limited to $100, try looking for a 18V cmoy (dual 9V)
In that case you should go $200. Check out the $200 amp shootout in my signature. If it doesn't have to be portable, O2 is a good choice.
Hi, just find out about Fred's 3 Channel CMOY Amplifiers (http://fredsamplifiers.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_31), I've been using portable cMoy v2.03 for a while with different IEM and wonder what noticible difference between them for price:
cMoyBB v2.03 Headphone Amplifier standard: $60USD (must say I've changed OPA 2227 for OPA AD8610)
Fred's 3 Chanel Cmoy LME49720 & LM6171Headphone Amplifier: $98USD + $16 transport
My actual IEM's are HifiMan RE400 (had to close cMoy Bass Bosst on this one) and JVC HA-FXD80-Z (more treble interferance)!
cmoyBB will sound really good with AD8620 (AD8610 is mono channel), but you need to use 2 9V battery (18V supply) or else AD8620 will be underpowered. However, AD8620 isn't a cheap opamp so at the end it might cost close to Fred's 3 channel amp. I think the overall SQ will actually be quite comparable between the two (cmoyBB-AD8620 vs. 3 channel amp). If you are looking for better bang for buck, I think I'll recommend cmoyBB + AD8620 first. There is however no bad choice between them.
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 49 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 7 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Huge Bluetooth Headphones Comparison (Bose, Plantronics, Beats,... 7 minutes ago
- › [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)