I enjoy my cMoyBB for use with my Sennheiser PC 360s. I know I need some cans for music but at the moment I am using my gaming headset. Is there much of a use to amp cheaper IEMs? I purchased the Brainwavz M2, just waiting for them to come in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemDigiZoid ZO2 Personal Hi Fi Experience
- itemElectric Avenues PA2V2
- itemFiiO E11
- itemFiio E6 Headphone Amplifier
- itemFiio E7 Usb Dac And Portable Headphone Amplifier
- categoryHeadphone Amplifiers
- itemHeadRoom Total AirHead
- itemJDS Labs CMoyBB
- categoryPortable Amps
- itemSoundMAGIC A10 Portable Headphone Amplifier Black
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Amp for my RHP-20 Last post on 6/17/12 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- portable amp for Galaxy Note 2 and Grado SR80i heaphones? Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 12/11/12 at 1:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Related Head Gear
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Headphone Impedance
The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 10(+1) amps compared - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll say you should save your money to get a nicer pair of headphone first, then worry about amping later.
I understand that but ATM I own PC 360, brainwavz M2, and the cMoyBB. I just wanted to know if anyone had positive experiences with the M2s and an amp. I am currently in search of what I want out of my music headphones. I NEEDED an amp on my PC 360s for my laptop/iPhone because I couldn't get loud enough volumes without turning up everything near 100%. My laptop integrated puts out more power than my USB Recon3D does, then again my laptop with Beats Audio which I'm almost sure it includes a better amp than most integrated.
I do understand I need better cans before I worry about a GOOD amp and that's why I purchased the cMoyBB instead of the O2+ODAC, leaving room to keep on with my journey for a good music listening experience.
Personally I'll say not, your M2 doesn't need an amp. It get plenty loud with most source and doesn't improve a lot by amping. Of course, the easiest way to determine is to find out for yourself, since it is on its way to you.
Yes, but only after the final version is out.
I have not heard E7 for so time now (mine is long gone). But the difference in SQ is so big between E7 and Woodwind, I really don't think they are comparable directly. Woodwind should easily win out.
- The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 10(+1) amps compared
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax thread (New) 39 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 44 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 50 seconds ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E09K 1 input? 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction about HS2 headphone signal switcher. 3 minutes ago
- › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th,... 4 minutes ago
- › Nooby has some questions 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe