The price of HD650 on Amazon (and everywhere else) is now $499, but 2-3 months ago, it was only $340. What happened? Will the price come down again?
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just in time for tax returns.
Prices fluctuate based on projected market. It'll drop steeply shortly.
That's what I thought too
This is my belief as well. Let's hope MalVeaux is right.
You might be interested in looking at this website, it shows you how the prices on amazon have changed.
There was an article somewhere, can't remember where now, that explained why this is happening:
Sennheiser is going to start enforcing MAPs through authorized retailers more aggressively now (hence why everyone wants $499.95 - SRP - for the HD 650 now, and $249.95 - SRP - for the 598), and requiring them to conform to the MAP in order to be authorized (and hence be able to provide a legitimate warranty). The HD 598 has seen the same re-pricing to SRP in the last few months (alongside many other Sennheiser products).
Edited by obobskivich - 2/16/12 at 7:42pm
My HD-650 sound better when Amazon sells them for $500. At $350 they don't sound so good. The Denon D2000 and D5000 had also huge Amazon price variations in the last months. At Amazon you can call them for a price adjustment after 30 days of purchase. I always check for price reductions after a purchase. On occasion I've gotten a refund. Best Buy has the same policy.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/16/12 at 7:51pm
- Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 49 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Portable DAC for car audio use? 1 minute ago
- › Need general bass/rig advice. 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › MHDT Labs Pagoda - Any owners out there? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)