The price of HD650 on Amazon (and everywhere else) is now $499, but 2-3 months ago, it was only $340. What happened? Will the price come down again?
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just in time for tax returns.
Prices fluctuate based on projected market. It'll drop steeply shortly.
That's what I thought too
This is my belief as well. Let's hope MalVeaux is right.
You might be interested in looking at this website, it shows you how the prices on amazon have changed.
There was an article somewhere, can't remember where now, that explained why this is happening:
Sennheiser is going to start enforcing MAPs through authorized retailers more aggressively now (hence why everyone wants $499.95 - SRP - for the HD 650 now, and $249.95 - SRP - for the 598), and requiring them to conform to the MAP in order to be authorized (and hence be able to provide a legitimate warranty). The HD 598 has seen the same re-pricing to SRP in the last few months (alongside many other Sennheiser products).
Edited by obobskivich - 2/16/12 at 7:42pm
My HD-650 sound better when Amazon sells them for $500. At $350 they don't sound so good. The Denon D2000 and D5000 had also huge Amazon price variations in the last months. At Amazon you can call them for a price adjustment after 30 days of purchase. I always check for price reductions after a purchase. On occasion I've gotten a refund. Best Buy has the same policy.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/16/12 at 7:51pm
- Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Need Some Headphone Advice: Mixing Electronic Music / Analog Synths... 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2