The price of HD650 on Amazon (and everywhere else) is now $499, but 2-3 months ago, it was only $340. What happened? Will the price come down again?
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- New desktop setup... Last post on 11/25/14 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K702 65th + K7xx (massdrop) Keep? Or Return? Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 on sale Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 for trade with good tablet (Galaxy Pro 8.4 or V500 by LG plus possible cash... Last post on 11/11/14 at 2:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for a close and portable version of HD 650 Last post on 11/22/14 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just in time for tax returns.
Prices fluctuate based on projected market. It'll drop steeply shortly.
That's what I thought too
This is my belief as well. Let's hope MalVeaux is right.
You might be interested in looking at this website, it shows you how the prices on amazon have changed.
There was an article somewhere, can't remember where now, that explained why this is happening:
Sennheiser is going to start enforcing MAPs through authorized retailers more aggressively now (hence why everyone wants $499.95 - SRP - for the HD 650 now, and $249.95 - SRP - for the 598), and requiring them to conform to the MAP in order to be authorized (and hence be able to provide a legitimate warranty). The HD 598 has seen the same re-pricing to SRP in the last few months (alongside many other Sennheiser products).
Edited by obobskivich - 2/16/12 at 7:42pm
My HD-650 sound better when Amazon sells them for $500. At $350 they don't sound so good. The Denon D2000 and D5000 had also huge Amazon price variations in the last months. At Amazon you can call them for a price adjustment after 30 days of purchase. I always check for price reductions after a purchase. On occasion I've gotten a refund. Best Buy has the same policy.
Edited by BrunoS72 - 2/16/12 at 7:51pm
- Massive price increase on Sennheiser HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music... 33 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 33 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 theme - LIM - X3 and X1 to follow soon 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to move up 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › How to move on and up from ATH-M50's? 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)