I'm new to this forum and I was planning to start a new thread about "Advice on an IEM below 100$ for Progressive Trance" but though I'd get flame by all you coz there's supposedly too many of these threads popping up. Problem is I've done a fair amount of research on head-fi itself and also the web in general but couldnt seem to find much useful info. The threads in head-fi about trance IEMs are either too old (2 years old) or out of my budget (200-500$). Sorry Im getting a bit long-winded :S
My Rig: BlackBerry Bold 9780, Zune 80GB, Studio XPS1645
Type of usage: Music mostly. Some times for movies too but not placed as priority
File format: mp3
Music genre: Progressive Trance + Mainstream music
Headphone/ earphone type: IEM
Other requirements (if any): Preferably something more durable as I use it in the bus, LRT, walking, running under the rain :lol:
- Lear 01 - its pretty good for its price but didnt feel anything special with the sound. My ears feel tired after listening to it for a prolonged period.
- Soundmagic PL11 - awesome earphones for its price but broke after rough usage. Very punchy but not as "rich" sounding as I would like. But its cheap so why complain?
- Soundmagic PL30 - Its not bad but I find it a bit lacking of rich sound again. I found it more like the lear01 tbh maybe coz I'm not that well versed in audiophile :hmm:
Here are some of the models I've been looking into based on reviews online:
- Feels pro 900 + Fiio E6 - 70$ (bundle pack) - Some forumers say this is a good buy if it were priced cheaper? and its a Single BA so its less bassy(I dont know what the heck that is)
- S4 + Comfy tx-100 tips(necessary?) - 100$ - I was told this provides good bass but not overly bassy but its more for pop music.
- Hi-Fi Man RE-0 - 75$ - I read somewhere in this forum it was given 10/10 for its value for producing REALLY good clarity and details BUT its bass shy.
I'm looking at something that will provide me with that rich bass experience with IEMs that can produce the low rumble but then not overpowering the mids and highs as I'm not a basshead. I loooooove progressive trance it gives me goosebumps.
My uncle will be heading to the states next month so are there any websites that I can grab a good deal on any IEMs?
Sorry if I sound pretty noob-ish to this whole new audiophile thing but I'm looking to get a decent pair of earphones and theres like 1000 types to choose from!
I can only vouch for the Re0s, but they do sound awesome. Dollar for dollar they are very hard to beat. They are a touch bass shy, but beautifully detailed while still smooth. I used mine with a Fiio E11 with the EQ switch (bass boost) set to 1. Made them really enjoyable.
Mine did eventually break after about 3 years so they may not be most durable option. The Re262 suggestion could be a good idea with that in mind. I've heard they have great sound (better than Re0) and I haven't heard durability concerns.