i've got some meelec m9's right now, would sennheiser cx200's be similar in sound signature, in what areas would they be better than the m9's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/30/15
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE! - Page 298
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4457 of 53435/15/13 at 8:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
Vocals are within the midrange, yes.
Well, taking into account the tight bass and the stage size, and that you want a bass-to-mid centric signature (the closed-in nature doesn't really have much to do with the balancing unless they were excessively warm or lacked decay/reverb which the Shures really don't - that's more about staging on its own) - will have to stick with the BA200 rec - wide staging, fills all of the criteria, etc.
I've read many positive reviews about the sound of these iems, but the looks of their built quality don't really give me confidence :( but I could be wrong? Is the fit of these good? They look like the westone series to me, which is a plus, as westone iems are comfortable for me! Comparing these to the um2 & the sm2v2 or even sm3v2, how do they sound? Highs are valuable to me too, but not to the point of harshness.. clear and smooth would be ideal ^^ Sorry if I am asking too many questions!post #4458 of 53435/15/13 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by meowception
I've read many positive reviews about the sound of these iems, but the looks of their built quality don't really give me confidence :( but I could be wrong? Is the fit of these good? They look like the westone series to me, which is a plus, as westone iems are comfortable for me! Comparing these to the um2 & the sm2v2 or even sm3v2, how do they sound? Highs are valuable to me too, but not to the point of harshness.. clear and smooth would be ideal ^^ Sorry if I am asking too many questions!
- Build is perfectly fine IMO, pretty much Westone quality but the plastic halves of the shells are held tighter - there isn't any of that weird squeak like you would sometimes get on the consumer Westones
- The shells aren't as tapered but they are lighter and thinner - arguably more ergonomic from another standpoint
- Less thick of note, less mid-forward, but linearity has the competition beat - extension and smoothness is off the scales good in comparison
- Treble is smoothed out and slightly pushed back - you can check out Rin's site for a overview on their FR.post #4459 of 53435/15/13 at 8:40pm
TwinQY!post #4460 of 53435/15/13 at 9:19pm
Hmm that answers most of my questions :D maybe I will have to go down and try it out, hope the flat cable will be comfortable for over the ear wearing of the IEM. Thanks man,you could have helped me saved more than $300 sgd! ^^post #4461 of 53435/15/13 at 9:24pmpost #4462 of 53435/15/13 at 9:51pmQuote:
That would be the HiFiMan RE-400. In fact, I've heard it mentioned that it could be as good as IEMs costing ten times that!!!
EDIT: In fact, here is the quote verbatim...Quote:
Edited by warrenpchi - 5/15/13 at 9:53pmpost #4463 of 53435/16/13 at 2:06am
after wrecking yet another pair of px100 cans, I've had it with these flimsy cabled things. I love them for sound and comfort but these cables are way too prone to accidental damage in my experience. Same with Koss Portapro.
Can anyone recommend something in this price and size range that has a thicker cable? Looking at AKG portables but seeing too many mixed reviews.
Thank you in advance.post #4464 of 53435/16/13 at 2:45amQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Sure! I wish I could say, but as I haven't really heard the triple.fi, I just can't. However, going back to the DT1350 = UE700 = T70p thing earlier, I just found out something interesting:
Not too bad eh? I seemed to have scored a lucky shot in the dark there. I believe the UE700 is also cheaper than the Triple.fi?
thats a pretty simmiliar response graphing, I already bought the triple fi 10 sometime ago (way before I ask this) for around 200 bucks?
so yeah I guess the Ue700 is on my next buy list together with a 70 p, maybe the 70 p firstpost #4465 of 53435/16/13 at 2:45amQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Good, I am glad.
Wow, that is a little bit expensive. They are only $65 here. I would wait a little while and see if the price drops further.
Also, there is a related model called the SE-MJ721... DO NOT GET THAT ONE. The quality is worse, the sound is worse, and it does not have the dual drivers. I do not recommend it.
How much are the CAL and S500 in Italy?
Yes, that is partially true. It depends on how large your head is. If you have a wide head, they might not be comfortable for long periods. I have a normal sized head, so it is fine for me.
Yes, that's true. It is more accurate to say that they are not famous at all. It was released quietly and without much marketing, so it is not well known at all. But I have one and I must say that it's not bad
Good idea. I don't think you need to upgrade right now.
The price to $ 65 is really good, pity that in Italy they are not at this price: (
The CAL in Italy cost 50 € (65 $) and S500 € 44 ($ 57). The S500 are shipped from Japan and can be found on ebay.
My head is normal :)
unfortunately I think I have a few choices, or S500 CAL, I do not think there are other models suitable for me. Could you confirm?post #4466 of 53435/16/13 at 4:17am
I need advice for getting a new setup : mp3 player + earphones under 400$ budget ?
my last was RE-ZERO + ipod classic or samsung galaxy note 2.
i did some research and i ended up with :
either a cowon may be x7 , pros : space and battery life cons : device size
or a sansa clip+ with rockbox pros : price and device size cons : space and battery life
(i recently found out they made a rockbox port for ipod classic 6G, so will this be enough, or the output sound quality of other mp3 players is better) ??
i like the RE-ZERO too much very clear and pure sound, detailed and high seperation of instruments.
i need something with better or same sound quality with nearly the same signature , a bit higher bass and better build quality.
i have read reviews for RE-400, etymotic ER-4S, etymotic HF5, Vsonic GR07 ? i don't know which suits me more.
i don't know anything about amps.
at the end i need a better sound experience.
open to other suggessions.
Edited by kingdixon - 5/16/13 at 9:55ampost #4467 of 53435/16/13 at 5:34ampost #4468 of 53435/16/13 at 5:42am
Recently my apple earphones stopped working and so I started looking for a new pair of decent IEMs for a maximum of 100€ (living in austria, europe, but ordering them online wouldn't be a problem), but I really don't know, which ones I should get.
I like to listen to hard stuff (metal, hardcore,...) and edm (dubstep, drum and bass,...), but also mixtures between these genres.
So I would like to have a really nice clear sound but also a decent and deep bass, not too strong tough (my brother has got beats solo and I pretty much would like the exact opposite sound, as they have a really extreme and exagerated bass which I don't even like when listening to edm and the sound is not clear).
I also do care a little bit about the design, but thats not that important, as long as they don't look like they are especially made for girls or something like that.
I hope someone is able to help me.
Thankspost #4469 of 53435/16/13 at 7:07ampost #4470 of 53435/16/13 at 7:12am
Hey, I am looking for an upgrade from my audeo pfe112 earphones. I don't mind going with sealed or iem as long as it sounds good. Transparency and balance would be my two priorities. I want something as close to natural as possible but I don't particularly mind whether leans towards the bright or dark side as long as it is close enough. My budget is $300-$400. I have been considering the se535, ue900, k550 and momentum. Any recommendations?
This thread is locked
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 29 seconds ago
- › Shanling M3 50 seconds ago
- › Thought's on LCD-2 rev.2 --> Schiit Bifrost --> schiit Lyr 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...