Yes to both! Somewhere between 0-150$
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/30/15
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE! - Page 281
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4202 of 53435/9/13 at 11:03ampost #4203 of 53435/9/13 at 11:29am
Okay, first I want to say that I have NOT heard it... but kjk1281 has repeatedly made it clear to me in no uncertain terms that the Sennheiser CX985 is a fantastically good piece of kit. He has a review on it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633218/review-sennheiser-cx-985. It sounds like it *might* do for you, with the possible caveat that it might not be bassy enough for you. In any case, you might want to check that review to see if it sounds like it suits you.
We've all been there mate. Occupational hazard.post #4204 of 53435/9/13 at 11:37ampost #4205 of 53435/9/13 at 11:41ampost #4206 of 53435/9/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Yeah, very possible. Better clarity and more refinement with the XB90EX... sounds similar to how they structured the XB500/XB700/XB1000 back when those were around.
Totally welcome of course!
Never heard it. Though I do hear good things about it all over the place. Based on that, it might also be a good option I think.
Edited by warrenpchi - 5/9/13 at 11:53ampost #4207 of 53435/9/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Wait, that doesn't sound right. They should be decent at that. What tips are you using? I had thought that the foam-cored tips would be best for me, but after messing about with different tips for days I found the non-foam tips better for sub-bass.
There is a pair of IEMs that truly excels at sub-bass... but I've recently learned that they are no longer on the market, so I guess that's out of the question.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The strong mid-bass focus (and that premature roll off of the highs I was talking about) tends to be better suited towards electronic music and recent pop music. It's missing that sense of air that gives us that nth bit of realism.
Just switched to the regular silicone tips, slightly better. I guess I've just been spoiled by the dt770's bass.
Not a fan of the way the 5-10khz region is boosted to create the false impression of detail. I listened to a song I know very well and there is a whisper that is supposed to sound far in the background. These put the whisper front and center.
I'm just gonna let it play pink/white noise now to see if the treble smoothes out. It certainly took the dt770 a while (~150 hours) before the treble sounded right to me. I guess I just have to give my ears time to adjust. I'll come back later after comparing to my friends gr02, bass heavy.post #4208 of 53435/9/13 at 2:34pm
I am in need of some advice on some in ears that are under $100 and have a good mic and controls for android phones, in particular the Note 2. I listen to all genres, need a good all-rounder.
Thanks!post #4209 of 53435/9/13 at 8:46pmpost #4210 of 53435/9/13 at 8:51pmQuote:
Assuming you'd want something similarly sounding to the M50s tonally (though I could be wrong, please do correct me if I am), definitely look out for the FXD80s, slight V-shape, very lean and quick of note, with tons of kick. Timbre is slightly similar to the M50s. Love them for EDM and trance but that would vary from person to person.Quote:Originally Posted by parampramit
i brought the sony mdr-xb400 a week ago and was suprised by the bass they offer but now i have started noticing that the bass has reduced and even has started distorting at full volume on my ipod touch playing bass heavy songs with the bass boost EQ....i am really worried for these cans....how do i burn them for the best bass...i am bass lover and want the to perform at their best...plzz reply as fast as u guyz can
thanxx in advance
Can't really advocate for burn-in, nor turning something up at FULL VOLUME - that's simply insane and unsafe. I would highly urge you to turn that down, for the sake of your own health. It might seem fleeting at first, but really, recklessness gets to you later in life - and really, you don't need it that loud (especially as it's already introduced clipping).
But I do think the Digizoid ZO2 was made for this purpose - definitely not a need to crank stuff up that high.Quote:Originally Posted by mclaren700
Hello All, I'm new to these forums, and I have to say I'm really enjoying everything.
A few days ago, my Klipsch Image S4i's broke. I was pretty happy with them, but I could use a bit more punchy bass. I don't know I one could call me a bass "monster", but I love it when it feels like my head is being kicked around a bit. However, I also like having articulate mid's and highs as well. While not totally necessary, volume control buttons would be welcome. I listen primarily to rock/metal, but also some electronic and other instrument-heavy music. I also play drums, so noise isolation is a must.
What are a few good options I could buy? I'm from the US.
The X10s might work out - nicer and smoother bass, mids, volume control, deep insertion, the treble isn't as strident but it also isn't as forward. Rather laid-back although technicalites are somewhat retained. There's also the UE700 which is pretty much all about punch, clarity, and a tactile sound. No remote although the bassier/punchier-still UE600vi does.Quote:
It's iffy because of the android thing. The HF2 might work out but there's not a lot with control function as well. The A161Ps are mic-capable (with the TRRS adapter from MEElectronic) but they simply have an one-button remote - nice for momentarily pausing but no full on volume or track skipping. They also sound a bit more rounded out and warmer, something easy to get into while remaining very balanced.post #4211 of 53435/9/13 at 10:05pm
What advantage does a custom IEM have over a universal one except for the fit and colour customisation?
I'm considering Shure's earphones as my first "real" earphone.
I tried my brother's SE215 which I bought for him and they sounded surprisingly good for the $75 I paid; nice lush midrange, decent instrument separation, non-fatiguing highs, good bass extension.post #4212 of 53435/9/13 at 11:00pmQuote:
That's a pretty big deal actually... better fit also results in increased comfort (usually) and supreme isolation (scary, watch for traffic).post #4213 of 53435/10/13 at 12:10ampost #4214 of 53435/10/13 at 12:36amQuote:
HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!post #4215 of 53435/10/13 at 1:55am
My iPhone earphones broke the other day so are looking to get some new earphones, I wanted something with a bit of colour and came across BassBuds, I was having a look on their website and it says they are compatible with an iPhone which is great, they have reviews from celebs and others but I'm not sure about the quality?
Have any of you guys had experience with this brand? Just wondering whether they are worth the price.
This is the pair I was looking at
Edited by charmedcharlee - 5/10/13 at 6:56am
This thread is locked
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › On a mission to like jazz 15 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 50 seconds ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 1 minute ago
- › Newbie here looking for recommendations on headphones / amp / dac 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...