Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice... - Page 173  

post #2581 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

If the Yamaha sound good to you, then great. I have never used Yamaha IEMs, so I can't comment on their quality. As far as a new IEM for $200 goes, I would say Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10-also known simply as TF10s. You can find them new on eBay for $150-$175, or new on Amazon.com for $200-$225. They used to retail at $400, thus several places still sell them at MSRP, but they are a slightly older generation. (Thus the lowered price) They have amazing sound, 3 drivers (speakers) in each ear, and removable cables.

 

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.


many thanks tor reply and advice !!! :)

 

so, i searched for the tf10s in france (ebay and amazon include) but... nothing good. the tf10s seems to be a discontinued product.

and i don't want to purchase in US... because (maybe i'm the greatest unlucky man in the world), but for all the thing i've purchased from US... i got "frenchie taxes"........... >__< so, don't want to pay 25% taxe, plus 35€ of fee... and maybe a nice fine of 25¨%... i love french customs.. >_<

 

but thanks ^^

 

what you want to say by : "Sorry about your wallet." ???  sarcasms ? or because become a head-fi member is not good for my wallet ??? sorry, i don't understand all at this time... but i learn ^^

post #2582 of 5343

Hi all-

 

I have several pairs of over the ear headphones ranging from a pair of M80s to Grado SR200s (with black diamond drivers). I am looking to take the next step in in ear monitors.  My budget is around $600 dollars.  Are custom molded IEMs the way to go???  They sure look sweet.  If so which manufacturer/model would you recommend? Thanks for your help...

post #2583 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzubbione View Post


many thanks tor reply and advice !!! :)

 

so, i searched for the tf10s in france (ebay and amazon include) but... nothing good. the tf10s seems to be a discontinued product.

and i don't want to purchase in US... because (maybe i'm the greatest unlucky man in the world), but for all the thing i've purchased from US... i got "frenchie taxes"........... >__< so, don't want to pay 25% taxe, plus 35€ of fee... and maybe a nice fine of 25¨%... i love french customs.. >_<

 

but thanks ^^

 

what you want to say by : "Sorry about your wallet." ???  sarcasms ? or because become a head-fi member is not good for my wallet ??? sorry, i don't understand all at this time... but i learn ^^

Shame about the import tax in France. The "sorry about your wallet" saying refers to how it is very common, once you register, to keep buying better and better gear, spending lots and lots of money on your way to auditory heaven. So when new members join, we like to joke about how their wallets will soon be empty, as they will spend all of their money on multi-hundred, and then multi-thousand dollar audio rigs. At some point, you start buying power cables for your speakers that cost thousands of dollars. Power cables. No speakers included in a $4000 price tag-just one cable. Its absurd, really.

post #2584 of 5343

ok ^^

 

so i understood correctly. :D

 

no matter for spend money. for me there is just one way... have fun, have pleasure. and ****** to my bank account ^^

 

i'm a old forum user, in many subject (computer, electronic PV, and now... audio rig ^^) so i know this fact : "fun kill $$$".. :D

 

 

well today i searched a way to get TF10s... maybe i found a trick, but nothing really sure.

 

so a take a look on other iem... like sennheiser  ie 8 (i used sennheiser product for years... and i always believe it's low cost product... but maybe i missed something..) and logitech UE 900... and... ue 900 seems to be not so good, and ie 8 discontinued.... >_<'

 

bad chance for me. but... i still believe i will found my audio graal  ^^

post #2585 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush1235 View Post

okay i made an account just to post this question: i was going to be Dre Beats (studio) or the Bose 15 because i "heard" that they were portable and great but from reading from posts by accounts by accident I've decided to change my mind because you all don't have to most positive reviews of those headphones so what can i get that will be good and cancel noise and if it cant do those things be very durable and Cheap??? price range 50$- 150$ i would entertain 250$ but you will have to explain and give me reason behind it. please and thank you 

not theses ear buds by the way, because i think you guys became confused.

 

 

 

 

 

but the following we'll at least looks like this: 

but not these in particular as you guys have nothing but bad things to say about them

 

and my budget is all the way to 250$ maybe 300$ but as long as it is durable and sound nice when playing back also that noise cancel feature would be nice to have so give me suggestions and for what i listen to it is rap, hip-hop,gospel soul, intro music for nartuo, etc rock green day, cold-play. everything but heavy metal. i hope that helps.

post #2586 of 5343

why is my picture not showing up????

post #2587 of 5343


[quote]

 

try to quote...

 

[/quote]

 

well, hush1235, if your pics don't show, maybe you're too young here..... (understand noobie) so, maybe link must be approved. or... you're do it wrong ^^

 

seriously,  i've test many "things" from ****yy "beats by dr dre"... and... sometimes it sound good in my ear.... but just sometimes. maybe 10%.

 

the fact is dr dre things are really "breakable". not robust at all.

 

(again, sorry for my english. french dude inside ^^)
post #2588 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzubbione View Post


[quote]

 

try to quote...

 

[/quote]

 

well, hush1235, if your pics don't show, maybe you're too young here..... (understand noobie) so, maybe link must be approved. or... you're do it wrong ^^

 

seriously,  i've test many "things" from ****yy "beats by dr dre"... and... sometimes it sound good in my ear.... but just sometimes. maybe 10%.

 

the fact is dr dre things are really "breakable". not robust at all.

 

(again, sorry for my english. french dude inside ^^)


ive said im a new (noob) earlier  and i am aware that the beats dont last long but do you know what headphones would be durable then zubbione???

post #2589 of 5343

Hi all,

My trusty SoundMagic PL11s mysteriously died this week (working fine thursday evening, friday morning not a sound to be heard) so i'm after some new earbuds. What would people recommend for listening to predominantly rock/metal? Budget is around £30 as they break far too often to spend more :( Many thanks.

post #2590 of 5343

wow... i'm not sure i'm able to have an answer for you, hush1235...

 

i'm noob too, here... end in the world of "good sound" ^^

 

but, i can tell you something, sennheiser product are really good product. they have good spec and produce good sound. and for sure they are really robust.

 

but... sennheiser is the only i know for real. and always for product below 70$... and i mantionned (not sure for the english here...)  further that i use sennheiser product with the "low cost" feeling (i already use - since 3years- a wireless headphone from sennheiser... low quality sound, low cost... but highly robust!)
 

well blablabla.. keep in mind, for me, all products with "dr dre seals of approval" are not so good. maybe a good sound, but really breakable.

 

 

so, wait for good advice from head-fi guy's.

post #2591 of 5343

Zzubbione you have done in 2 min what i tried to get the "experts" here two + weeks to do i, going to research those  sennheiser products and buy some  of them today and again thank you.
 

post #2592 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush1235 View Post


ive said im a new (noob) earlier  and i am aware that the beats dont last long but do you know what headphones would be durable then zubbione???

Well, many headphones, the ones that really are known for their durability are the V-moda (Crossfade LP) headphones, the sennheiser HD25(so light)/Amperior/momentum line and most of audio technicas stuff(ES7/9/10 & their variations), Sonys' are hit&miss and AKG has some pretty damn great portable & closed cans too. ( Mainly the K181, the k550 from my experience)

beats pro & their fakes are decent too, but not much else comes to mind. 

post #2593 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller1 View Post

Well, many headphones, the ones that really are known for their durability are the V-moda (Crossfade LP) headphones, the sennheiser HD25(so light)/Amperior/momentum line and most of audio technicas stuff(ES7/9/10 & their variations), Sonys' are hit&miss and AKG has some pretty damn great portable & closed cans too. ( Mainly the K181, the k550 from my experience)

beats pro & their fakes are decent too, but not much else comes to mind. 


alright thank you I'm going to order one of these headphones really soon.

post #2594 of 5343

UE 4's. I am aware that for $399 + impressions, shipping, etc, I could get a really nice pair of headphones. However, I already own a pair of HD598's and I am satisfied with them because I use them when I am alone, not a lot of ambient noise, etc. However, I HATE carrying around headphones. I have never worn the 598s in public. I used to have bose iems but they broke so I've reverted back to my apple ones for the time being. I want to know if i should get some nice universals or if those customs are worth it. Other suggestions are welcomed. I appreciate your help!

post #2595 of 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwodarz View Post

UE 4's. I am aware that for $399 + impressions, shipping, etc, I could get a really nice pair of headphones. However, I already own a pair of HD598's and I am satisfied with them because I use them when I am alone, not a lot of ambient noise, etc. However, I HATE carrying around headphones. I have never worn the 598s in public. I used to have bose iems but they broke so I've reverted back to my apple ones for the time being. I want to know if i should get some nice universals or if those customs are worth it. Other suggestions are welcomed. I appreciate your help!

 

Not having heard an UE4, but they had a UE5 demo next to the UE900 for listening at a brick-and-mortar shop, and personally feel that SQ has caught up to the old-guard CIEMs. Obviously I've never had a personally fitted CIEM (only demos and trying out other people's) and have a huge bias towards to universals...I would say universals, but take with a huge grain of salt.

 

Sound preferences (want them to be similar to HD598s?), genres, etc, are always helpful for narrowing choices down.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungboy View Post

Hi all,

My trusty SoundMagic PL11s mysteriously died this week (working fine thursday evening, friday morning not a sound to be heard) so i'm after some new earbuds. What would people recommend for listening to predominantly rock/metal? Budget is around £30 as they break far too often to spend more :( Many thanks.

 
Sorry for your loss. ADDIEM (~30-40 street price) keep up nicely with metal (obvious some sacrifice in bass, weight, etc at this price, but these are the fastest I know of around that price, transients-wise). For something a bit more substantial but certainly not slow, GR02 Bass hits hard and tonality isn't too offensive for rock/metal. E10s would be in between the two.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush1235 View Post

not theses ear buds by the way, because i think you guys became confused.

 

 

but the following we'll at least looks like this: 

but not these in particular as you guys have nothing but bad things to say about them

 

and my budget is all the way to 250$ maybe 300$ but as long as it is durable and sound nice when playing back also that noise cancel feature would be nice to have so give me suggestions and for what i listen to it is rap, hip-hop,gospel soul, intro music for nartuo, etc rock green day, cold-play. everything but heavy metal. i hope that helps.

 

Intro music for Naruto? Gosh I remember that...

 

UE9000s? Noise cancelling, wireless, all the new doodads and features, but great build (plastic, albeit the solid, non-creaky sort like the Studios). Good balance for most genres, a nice, warm, smooth listen. If features are not necessary, highly recommend you go look at the Sennheiser Momentums. Partly metal (or full-on, can't remember), and the sound is stupendous for technicalities, especially for a portable.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzubbione View Post

ok ^^

 

so i understood correctly. :D

 

no matter for spend money. for me there is just one way... have fun, have pleasure. and ****** to my bank account ^^

 

i'm a old forum user, in many subject (computer, electronic PV, and now... audio rig ^^) so i know this fact : "fun kill $$$".. :D

 

 

well today i searched a way to get TF10s... maybe i found a trick, but nothing really sure.

 

so a take a look on other iem... like sennheiser  ie 8 (i used sennheiser product for years... and i always believe it's low cost product... but maybe i missed something..) and logitech UE 900... and... ue 900 seems to be not so good, and ie 8 discontinued.... >_<'

 

bad chance for me. but... i still believe i will found my audio graal  ^^

 

The high RRSP and just generally high markup on Senns leaves no doubt that the higher ends stuff is low cost by any means (apart from the lower-end consumer IEMs and cans). For best-value-for-the-buck stuff, look elsewhere. 

 

How are the UE900s "not so good"? Genuinely impressed by the performance, a really significant step up from the TF10. IE8s are gone, but still can find them used/refurbished. IE80s are slightly better.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mitchell View Post


Aggh, I don't know any of these brands. Or what the right tips might be. I'm not set on having something that sounds the same as the HD580; that's just my reference. I always wanted the Etymotic ER-4, which I know has a different sound.

 

(Okay, searching tells me E10/E30 is SoundMagic and GR06 is Vsonic. So many new companies.)

 

Are there really so few good earbud options? It's hard to even search for them, because too many refer to in-ears as earbuds. I find it hard to believe this segment is so neglected. 

 

Sadly, yes, it is rather neglected in terms of the higher end offerings. Plenty of people ask for earbuds since they are used to them, and I always have to leave them with little to no answers :(

 

If you're still interested in trying out IEMs, HF5s give pretty much most of the performance on the ER4s at half the price. Fantastic value. ADDIEMs are similar as well. VC02s look to be a good lead for that sort of sound sig, but haven't heard them yet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunitsme View Post

hey guys, ive shorlisted sennheiser hd219,203,px 100ii and jbl tempo on ear.... my budget is kinda low, around 2000-2500 INR (40$-50$) i listen to rock,rap,metal and house.


so pls tell me which ones will be the best based on comfort,portability,sound quality and value for money or if u think you of a better pair of headphones pls tell me.

thanks!

pls note that only sennheisers and cetain audio technica headphones are available

 

PX100II for sure. Performance wise it pretty much pounds on the other Senns you mentioned (have not heard the JBLs)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post

Hello everyone,

 

So I am looking for a new pair of earbuds since one side of my last pair died again.. ;(

 

Now I really dont like it if they go deep into the ear canal.

Because for some reason there will always be a little bit of ear wax getting to the grill, and I keep myself clean don't worry.

 

So I was looking at the Bang&Olufsen but they get mixed reviews, however I'm not really an audiophile so I'm probably not that harsh on it, I just like clean sound.

But if there are any earbuds that use those silicone tips to seal off the ear, thats fine as long as they don't go to deep.

 

Also do you lose all soundstage with in ear earbuds? Since they don't have vents?

 

I really like the a8's don't hate on me :/, but I'm a bit put off that they have a bit of an open design so everyone around me would be able to hear me am I correct?

 

Feel free to leave your recommendations.

 

Less sound stage versus earbuds/headphones, yes. Not that the A8s have that large of a stage though. And vents usually leak inwards more than outwards. Generally no audible leakage outwards at all.

 

If you just want to try out an vented IEM for kicks, you could grab a 8320 for kicks, see if they work, and upgrade from then on.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilr51 View Post

Hey guys,
 
I'm looking to buy some canalphones for around $100 and i seem to be leaning towards the Vsonic GR06.
I predominately listen to fairly bass heavy house, trance, electronic type stuff and i currently have a pair of Beats by dre tour in ears. 
Would the Vsonics be my best bet or is there something more appropriate for my tastes and how would they compare to my current beats earphones?
One other thing to add is I prefer to wear them worn down (not over the ear) which someone on here said you can do with the GR06s.
 
Edit: Searching around it seems I dont need to pay the $120 i was planning on to get the GR06s here in Australia as i can get them for $60 off ebay from lendmeurears. How safe is buying earphones off ebay and what happens is i develop a problem with them? Do i send them to Vsonic or the ebay seller at my cost ect.?
 
Thanks!

 

The GR06 are pretty mid-centric, so not the bass you're looking for. GR02 Bass would be the proper bassy alternative. Either or would destroy the Tours (not much Beats hate here, it's been overdone and tiresome a lot time ago, but the Tours are generally atrocious - no stage or detail extraction, transients smeared beyond belief - $5 performance at best).

 

You'd want something like the CKM99, Atrios, FXD80/T90, or the XB90EX (have not heard though, but generally reccomended around here for bass). All are heavy hitters, in terms of bass, and for the price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyOldGuy View Post

Here's a new pursuit for you.

 

I want a single earbud.  It'll plug into some kind of homemade mono amp in my guitar.  I'll use it to give myself cue notes for singing, which I need for some keys.

 

It doesn't have to be expensive because it's only ever going to reproduce one note at a time.  It does have to be free of any bass boost or treble boost, because that's unprofessional, I don't like it, and it would interfere with what I'm using it for.  I want one clean, direct, unmodified note.

 

I like flanges better than foam.

 

Anyone care to tackle this?

 

Thanks

 

Sog

 

Pull the strain relief up to the end, insert one in your ears, and another over the ear. Same effect. I use the exact same method for monitoring.

 

Try the HF5 for a ruler-flat response. No boost either way. Deep insertion, triflanges give the best sound anyways so no need to muck around with foams.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zMarkon View Post

Hey,

 

Looking for IEM's  for listening to EDM music mainly Trance. But would i be better going for an IEM or the V-Moda M80'? If people could recommend me what would be the better option? the only thing putting me off the M80's is that I can't put them away anywhere but I do prefer the on-ear style to the in ear.

 

Thanks

 

Edit: Budget $150

 

FXD80/Atrios for trance. Airy, fast-paced, and hits hard down low. If purely judging for EDM alone, the M80s just aren't intended for that (warm, smooth, not fast and dynamic) and the JVC/Atrios would stomp on them handily.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dplad View Post

Ok I'm new here and I would not consider myself an audiophile, so I might need a little help. Currently I own Klipsch S4i's but they are breaking on me. As a replacement I am looking to buy some IEM's that have strong bass, at the same time good mids and highs. So far I have found the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77, Atrio MG7, and Sony XB90EX. I need help narrowing it down to just one. However, if you have a better suggestion let me know. My budget is $150.

 

Atrios would have the more similar tonality. Have only heard the CKS99 but they seem to have more prominent mids, although the MG7s are clearer. No Sony experience, ask on the Discovery thread?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livenlove View Post

Hello, for christmas i received beats tours but they seem to have stopped working. I really liked them although a lot of people don't seem too, any suggestions for what to replace them with?I mostly listen to dubstep/techno/hip-hop and have a budget of around $100 or a bit more if they're worth it.If.Good looking ones would be a plus.

 

See response to nikhilr51, applies here as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinmc View Post

I'm looking for an IEM with good soundstage, quality vocals and an airy presentation with as much micro detail as possible.  I like classic rock, blues, jazz, classical, and generally speaking prefer natural instruments for this set.

 

RE-0 I can find for $79

RE-ZERO I can find for $59

 

I know these have been popular but I continuously find conflicting information on these forums and it makes it hard for me to have an informed opinion.

 

Does anyone else have any recommendations?  I'm trying to keep it under $100, FWIW.  But please any thoughts are welcome.

 

They might not have enough bass weight, if that affects your impression on naturalness at all. Otherwise would go for them, seems to fit your criteria. ZEROs are supposed to have slightly more bass. PFE022s are an good "more natural" alternative, smooth and polished mids.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post

My mee 31 ceramics finally bit the dust. I'm completely satisfied with my JVC HA-S500's, but I need a good IEM counterpart for times when cans just aren't ideal. Walking around campus, sleeping, ect.

 

Durability is a major concern, as is comfort and obviously sound. 

 

Budget ~$50

 

Music I listen to spans a lot of genres. Hip hop, electronic, classic rock, folk and a few other genres. 

 

Any good all-arounder for my price range? 

 

Dunus for pure durability. The Hawkeye and Tridents does will for those genres. Otherwise the GR04 would do as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post

i going to try this again, cause my recent purchase of the HDJ-2000 from pioneer did actually rock my boat. I had the chance to listen to the logitech ue 6000 and didnt care for the sound quality. I didnt feel the bass and they didnt get loud enough.

 

This is what im looking for...

 

1. Music type-rap and r&b

2. Price-under $200

3. Source-Galaxy Note 2

4. Additional options-

 Removal cord

 Clarity

 Deep punchy bass

 Ability to play loud without amp but improve with a fiio e6 or e11
 

 

As inline said, not enough bass? We got ourselves a genuine basshead here.

 

JK, LP2s and the COP are worth a look into.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDar View Post

Out of the following:

 

Vsonic GR06

RE-Zero

ViSang R03

Thinksound TS02+Mic

Thinksound MS01

 

Which would you say is the superior IEM? I'm edging towards the GR06, but I hear the soundstage is better on the Thinksounds...

 

I'm trying to replace/substitute my pair of Shure SRH840s that I'm used to carrying around. They've gotten a bit too cumbersome for me as of late...

 

GR06s would be a lot closer to the Shures, yes. Soundstage isn't very significantly different on either, so no worries there. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael172 View Post

What would you people say an upgrade path from the RE62 was?

 

Specifically, the focal point of the 262 was definately the mids and I grew to love the minimal amount of bass. Where would I go next if I wanted to retain those very forward and prominent mids but gain a little more clarity and detail?

 

As mentioned, SE535. Probably the most mid-centric top-tier IEM, aside from the CK100.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinmc View Post

It's not an issue with scenarios, it's an issue with the veterans who deemed it necessary to clean up the suggestion threads not actually reading and supporting the thread.  I don't blame them, I just mean to say that the only way a single suggestion thread can work is if people with insight visit it regularly and post opinions.

 

Edit: though I agree, either heavily moderate the individual threads so they are archived once answered or create a subforum.  Though i see the subforum experiencing the same problem as the single thread, a lack of attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post

The problem about making a thread about suggestions is that there are sooo many different scenarios.

 

Solution: Make a subforum inside of this one that everyone can post their querys about buying new headphones.

 

Great, a subforum where everyone is ignored. 

 

The old system worked fine, this thread was even #4-7 on the most posted rankings for a while. Dropped down recently, so probably less felt inclined to check on the thread.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonyz View Post

Hellos there,

 

I used to own an ATH M50 until 2 months ago. I sold them because they were giving me headaches. I loved using them for movies mostly, but also for music.

I am looking for an IEM that isn't worse in terms of details, but it doesn't have to have the same signature. I think the M50 are relatively flat (neutral) sounding, so maybe something of this kind?

 

Budget is up to 120 USD (shipping included).

Amazon prices are irrelevant cause they don't ship electronics to Israel, so I need some website that sells to international users (eBay doesn't have good pricing really, and many IEMs aren't there at all, only the very popular).

 

Thanks.

 

Meh, M50 being flat = relative.

 

But other than, nothing as slightly V-shaped as the M50s in IEM form. FXD80s come close, just even more V-shaped. Can't say much for details, since IEMs present details a tad bit different.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!