or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I am going nuts, I received Audez'e LCD-2 yesterday, cracked today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am going nuts, I received Audez'e LCD-2 yesterday, cracked today - Page 11  

post #151 of 188

is it only the LCD-2 R2 versions that experience the wood cracking. i have an early production LCD-2 R1, which i use often and inspect closely, and it has not developed any cracks near the connectors. generally products have quirks/issues in the early batches that are later corrected. in this respect, the LCD-2 appears to be the reverse. the early batches were fine but then Audeze made changes that resulted in defects. i am very happy with my LCD-2, but i can see why people would be reluctant to purchase it or another Audeze headphone.

post #152 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post

is it only the LCD-2 R2 versions that experience the wood cracking. i have an early production LCD-2 R1, which i use often and inspect closely, and it has not developed any cracks near the connectors. generally products have quirks/issues in the early batches that are later corrected. in this respect, the LCD-2 appears to be the reverse. the early batches were fine but then Audeze made changes that resulted in defects. i am very happy with my LCD-2, but i can see why people would be reluctant to purchase it or another Audeze headphone.


The new design of the LCD-2 has virtually eliminated this cracking issue:

 

http://audeze.com/audeze-lcd2-rosewood

 

http://audeze.com/audeze-lcd2-bamboo

post #153 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post

is it only the LCD-2 R2 versions that experience the wood cracking. i have an early production LCD-2 R1, which i use often and inspect closely, and it has not developed any cracks near the connectors. generally products have quirks/issues in the early batches that are later corrected. in this respect, the LCD-2 appears to be the reverse. the early batches were fine but then Audeze made changes that resulted in defects. i am very happy with my LCD-2, but i can see why people would be reluctant to purchase it or another Audeze headphone.


That's a negative, my Rev 1 is cracked on the inside ;)

post #154 of 188

Resing this one from the dead. Noticed today that my 3rd pair of LCD-2 (Revised design) have cracked at random places... Images attached.

post #155 of 188

That's horrible :(

post #156 of 188

I can appreciate the aluminium on the LCD-X now...

post #157 of 188

Sounds like they are using wood not properly dried prior to machining..

post #158 of 188

Does this happen often to the Bamboo models? Might as well ask as I have one.

 

I'm about to be heading into a extremely hot summer here, so here hoping nothing happens to the wood.

post #159 of 188
Now that you mention I haven't yet seen a lcd-2 bamboo broken.
post #160 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Now that you mention I haven't yet seen a lcd-2 bamboo broken.

I think I've seen only one report of a cracking bamboo LCD2, back when bamboo version was first released. Past that, seems to have an impeccable track record.

post #161 of 188
That's a good reason to choose bamboo :-) I would like to get the aluminum ring for my lcd-2. highly doubt audeze will sell them separately.
Edited by squallkiercosa - 11/9/13 at 6:03pm
post #162 of 188
Hello Head-Fiers and Audeze fans!

After owning Audeze LCD-2 Rev2 for about 2 years, one of the elements, Right side went silent.
No boom no bang, I was sitting in a coffee shop, one moment R channel went silent.

So I swapped the mini XLR connectors at the elements, same. So cable is fine.
Ibasso DX-50 ho is also good, Grado PS-500 both channels play sound.

But I can't go back to Grados, after listening to LCD-2. No way!

Sunday night I did fill the Audeze online service form, and promptly recrived auto reply, saying sonebody will get back to me.
I filled the form on Sunday. It is Wednesday early morning now, no reply.

I have read Audeze does lighting fast service, I read a post on another forum, apparently Audeze repaired, replaced more likely the dead elementm and shipped it, the guy received his repaired LCD within days.

There are almost no google results, when serching for 'Audeze repairs' or service. That is a good thing, goes to show there are not many driver failures.
How long do you guys think the responce from people of Audeze may take? I do not want to fill the form again, it may be pushy, and not polite.
And I think just EMS them to Audeze, without prior authorization is no no.

Do you guys have any experience, when to expect reply from Audeze service people?
Any suggestions would be help!

Every day I can't use these headphones, is a loss! I really spend few hours every day, I wear them outside too, yeah, get some stares.. But I don't care! I know I have best sound in the world! Get complements too, sometimes run into people who know what Audeze are.
Cheers!
Edited by whitemouse - 1/6/15 at 5:18pm
post #163 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post

Hello Head-Fiers and Audeze fans!

After owning Audeze LCD-2 Rev2 for about 2 years, one of the elements, Right side went silent.
No boom no bang, I was sitting in a coffee shop, one moment R channel went silent.

So I swapped the mini XLR connectors at the elements, same. So cable is fine.
Ibasso DX-50 ho is also good, Grado PS-500 both channels play sound.

But I can't go back to Grados, after listening to LCD-2. No way!

Sunday night I did fill the Audeze online service form, and promptly recrived auto reply, saying sonebody will get back to me.
I filled the form on Sunday. It is Wednesday early morning now, no reply.

I have read Audeze does lighting fast service, I read a post on another forum, apparently Audeze repaired, replaced more likely the dead elementm and shipped it, the guy received his repaired LCD within days.

There are almost no google results, when serching for 'Audeze repairs' or service. That is a good thing, goes to show there are not many driver failures.
How long do you guys think the responce from people of Audeze may take? I do not want to fill the form again, it may be pushy, and not polite.
And I think just EMS them to Audeze, without prior authorization is no no.

Do you guys have any experience, when to expect reply from Audeze service people?
Any suggestions would be help!

Every day I can't use these headphones, is a loss! I really spend few hours every day, I wear them outside too, yeah, get some stares.. But I don't care! I know I have best sound in the world! Get complements too, sometimes run into people who know what Audeze are.
Cheers!

 

Most are likely at CES this week. Give it a day or two and then follow up with another email. They are very responsive, just might be bad timing this week?

post #164 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Most are likely at CES this week. Give it a day or two and then follow up with another email. They are very responsive, just might be bad timing this week?


Of course, CES. They are all in Vegas.

Another day passed, no reply.
All I need is a shipping address. I am in Thailand, every day they sit here, is a day they are not closer to USA.
Do you guys know where Audeze wants them shipped?
I know their company info and address, but what if they want it some place else?
post #165 of 188

Just be patient

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I am going nuts, I received Audez'e LCD-2 yesterday, cracked today