I have a question if the drivers in the 650's are hand matched if one goes bad does that mean. have to replace both
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DT880 to what? Last post on Today at 5:33 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 or K7xx Last post on 12/20/14 at 9:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing quality headphones – not easy Last post on 12/10/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Introduction With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime contender in the already fierce arena of mid-high range IEMS. Not only did...
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
HD 650 Drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always had doubts about the claims that the hd650's drivers are hand matched. I've ordered spare drivers from them on several occasions and found no evidence of this. I'm pretty sure they just grab two from the stack they have sitting at the warehouse.
You don't HAVE to replace both drivers if one goes bad, but it's a good idea to have 2 drivers that are from the same batch and same level of break in so they sound exactly the same.
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but my question relates perfectly to this topic.
My question is: do the replacement drivers that you buy from Sennheiser all use the same mounting mechanism and pattern for the HD580, 600, and 650? In other words: can I buy an HD 650 driver and replace the drivers in an HD 580?
I would call it the HD 580 SPII, or a "poor man's 650." :-)
- HD 650 Drivers
- › Do you believe BURN IN for your Audio Stuff like Headphones,... 15 seconds ago
- › Purchase Advice 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)