I have a question if the drivers in the 650's are hand matched if one goes bad does that mean. have to replace both
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
HD 650 Drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always had doubts about the claims that the hd650's drivers are hand matched. I've ordered spare drivers from them on several occasions and found no evidence of this. I'm pretty sure they just grab two from the stack they have sitting at the warehouse.
You don't HAVE to replace both drivers if one goes bad, but it's a good idea to have 2 drivers that are from the same batch and same level of break in so they sound exactly the same.
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but my question relates perfectly to this topic.
My question is: do the replacement drivers that you buy from Sennheiser all use the same mounting mechanism and pattern for the HD580, 600, and 650? In other words: can I buy an HD 650 driver and replace the drivers in an HD 580?
I would call it the HD 580 SPII, or a "poor man's 650." :-)
- HD 650 Drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 27 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 43 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › The Musical Fidelity MF100 , my newest love. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for some (very) low budget closed cans for work. 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob