I have a question if the drivers in the 650's are hand matched if one goes bad does that mean. have to replace both
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
HD 650 Drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I always had doubts about the claims that the hd650's drivers are hand matched. I've ordered spare drivers from them on several occasions and found no evidence of this. I'm pretty sure they just grab two from the stack they have sitting at the warehouse.
You don't HAVE to replace both drivers if one goes bad, but it's a good idea to have 2 drivers that are from the same batch and same level of break in so they sound exactly the same.
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but my question relates perfectly to this topic.
My question is: do the replacement drivers that you buy from Sennheiser all use the same mounting mechanism and pattern for the HD580, 600, and 650? In other words: can I buy an HD 650 driver and replace the drivers in an HD 580?
I would call it the HD 580 SPII, or a "poor man's 650." :-)
- HD 650 Drivers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Sennheiser HD-600s (needs new pads/foam) 15 seconds ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › Book recommendation? 1 minute ago
- › Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › ~3 years passed, iem broken, debating between buying same pair or... 9 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 10 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)