SOLD Woo Audio 3 Woo3 with tons of tubes
Will Ship To: Anywhere
The amp is SOLD. Thanks for all the interest!
I decided to sell my beloved Woo3, my first serious amp, which I bought in 2005.
I had it out on my table at the recent Bay Area meet after spending 6 months in a box, and I liked it so much I decided I could not mothball it again. So here we go...
Conditions are a conservative 8/10: as you know Woo amps are built like tanks and there isn't a scratch on this one. I will pack it safely and guarantee it against DOA. I will include a decent power cord (it came without one), or can add a good hospital-grade one for $20. And here is the real deal: I will include all the tubes I purchased over the years for your tube-rolling pleasure. From newer to older
- Matched pair of Siemens E188 CC (aka 6922) signal tubes. $100+ pair, a couple of notches above everything else I tried.
- 2 Tungsol 5996 (great power tubes, you need only one, got the pair on ebay for the price of one).
- Matched pair of Amperex 6922. Great signal tubes if you like detail, or to enliven an HD650
- Matched pair of RCA signal tubes. Had good reviews, never really warmed up to them
- Mullard 6080 power tube. Not bad, bought shortly after a
- Matched pair of Mullard E88CC. These tubes made me fall in love with the Woo. They are (very) romantic but have the sweetest, purest midrange you can dream of. I owned an AKG K501 at the time. Still remember the goosebumps!
- Cetron 7236. Almost as good as the Tungsol for a fraction of the price.
- Sylvania 7236. My first tube roll. I was impressed at the time.
- Sovtek 6922, GE power tube. Stock tubes from Woo: good starting point as it makes all other tubes look good :-)
In conclusion, you get all of the above for $360 which includes shipping to the contiguos 48, and paypal fees.
PM me if you have any questions.
Edited by calaf - 2/16/12 at 7:07pm