I've been saving up to purchase a little dot MK IV because everyone says a lot of great things about it... for headphones. I know this is a headphone forum but no one really talks about how well it works as a pre-amp for speakers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it when used for that?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed to get the most out of my Sennheiser HD600s Last post on 11/13/12 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV SE with the DAC1 vs Maverick AI with the DC2 Last post on 9/2/12 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- EF5 or Valhalla or LD MK IV or DV 336SE? Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E9 Upgrade? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp + preamp for Senn HD650+E935 Last post on 9/16/11 at 8:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
- Headphone Impedance
LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.
Have you tried rolling the driver tubes?
i purchased it and it is reeeaaaaaaly quiet even with the gain turned all the way up and the volume turned all the way up. im using grado 225is and active monitors the headphones are super quiet and the speakers turned all the way up sounds like they are turned up to a 3. should i send it back for another? or are they all like that?
One thing I've noticed about my MK IV SE is that when I have both the headphones plugged in and have it connected to my power amps it does not seem to have as much volume and the sound loses detail. Now I always make sure I only have one thing connected to it at a time. Even having the amps connected but not turned on seems to drain it of power for headphone listening.
- LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
- › The Opamp thread 2 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 47 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2