I've been saving up to purchase a little dot MK IV because everyone says a lot of great things about it... for headphones. I know this is a headphone forum but no one really talks about how well it works as a pre-amp for speakers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it when used for that?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed to get the most out of my Sennheiser HD600s Last post on 11/13/12 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV SE with the DAC1 vs Maverick AI with the DC2 Last post on 9/2/12 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- EF5 or Valhalla or LD MK IV or DV 336SE? Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E9 Upgrade? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp + preamp for Senn HD650+E935 Last post on 9/16/11 at 8:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
- Headphone Impedance
LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.
Have you tried rolling the driver tubes?
i purchased it and it is reeeaaaaaaly quiet even with the gain turned all the way up and the volume turned all the way up. im using grado 225is and active monitors the headphones are super quiet and the speakers turned all the way up sounds like they are turned up to a 3. should i send it back for another? or are they all like that?
One thing I've noticed about my MK IV SE is that when I have both the headphones plugged in and have it connected to my power amps it does not seem to have as much volume and the sound loses detail. Now I always make sure I only have one thing connected to it at a time. Even having the amps connected but not turned on seems to drain it of power for headphone listening.
- LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 5 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 52 seconds ago
- › Music > Gaming > Movie All-round Cans 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Magni + Modi combo WANT TO BUY 3 minutes ago
- › need help choosing headphones(possibly amp) for jazz 4 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 won't play my APE files (says not supported) 7 minutes ago
- › Rcommendation On New Headphones And Old Receiver 7 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by boobs
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi