I've been saving up to purchase a little dot MK IV because everyone says a lot of great things about it... for headphones. I know this is a headphone forum but no one really talks about how well it works as a pre-amp for speakers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it when used for that?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed to get the most out of my Sennheiser HD600s Last post on 11/13/12 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV SE with the DAC1 vs Maverick AI with the DC2 Last post on 9/2/12 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- EF5 or Valhalla or LD MK IV or DV 336SE? Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E9 Upgrade? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp + preamp for Senn HD650+E935 Last post on 9/16/11 at 8:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
- Headphone Impedance
LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Good across the frequency range, Live Sounding, Full ”“Exciting, bold sound with great bass, engaging mids, and mostly smooth highs, ”
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.
Have you tried rolling the driver tubes?
i purchased it and it is reeeaaaaaaly quiet even with the gain turned all the way up and the volume turned all the way up. im using grado 225is and active monitors the headphones are super quiet and the speakers turned all the way up sounds like they are turned up to a 3. should i send it back for another? or are they all like that?
One thing I've noticed about my MK IV SE is that when I have both the headphones plugged in and have it connected to my power amps it does not seem to have as much volume and the sound loses detail. Now I always make sure I only have one thing connected to it at a time. Even having the amps connected but not turned on seems to drain it of power for headphone listening.
- LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore and ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso IEM -... 4 minutes ago
- › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport... 5 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 5 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 8 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe