I've been saving up to purchase a little dot MK IV because everyone says a lot of great things about it... for headphones. I know this is a headphone forum but no one really talks about how well it works as a pre-amp for speakers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it when used for that?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed to get the most out of my Sennheiser HD600s Last post on 11/13/12 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV SE with the DAC1 vs Maverick AI with the DC2 Last post on 9/2/12 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- EF5 or Valhalla or LD MK IV or DV 336SE? Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E9 Upgrade? Last post on 10/3/11 at 4:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp + preamp for Senn HD650+E935 Last post on 9/16/11 at 8:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Headphone Impedance
LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.
Have you tried rolling the driver tubes?
i purchased it and it is reeeaaaaaaly quiet even with the gain turned all the way up and the volume turned all the way up. im using grado 225is and active monitors the headphones are super quiet and the speakers turned all the way up sounds like they are turned up to a 3. should i send it back for another? or are they all like that?
One thing I've noticed about my MK IV SE is that when I have both the headphones plugged in and have it connected to my power amps it does not seem to have as much volume and the sound loses detail. Now I always make sure I only have one thing connected to it at a time. Even having the amps connected but not turned on seems to drain it of power for headphone listening.
- LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K702 65th or Hifiman He500 ? 15 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)