Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Got the aurvanas...omg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Got the aurvanas...omg

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 

Im loving these, i swear i like them more than the m50's ive tried.

when the price goes down to 58 again buy them instantly. This headphone is extremely awesome.

its like laid back detailed and bassy and still has treble. I really dig them.

Dave Matthews sounds awesome. Only thing i could ask for is impact and even without it its still awesome. NOT EVEN BURNED IN FOR AN HOUR!

post #2 of 31

How long did you try the M50s? I've been thinking about the CAL! for awhile as a new portable since my M50s are finally starting to have some structural failure.

post #3 of 31

I had the M50 before I bought my CAL!, now I have sold my M50 and still loving the CAL!

 

Great headphones!

post #4 of 31
Thread Starter 

i used them for maybe 5 minutes. however that is plenty enough to know if you like a headphone

post #5 of 31

Just got them off amazon for $55. can not wait to get them.

 

I am looking for phones to enjoy  music with or without an amp 

 

Are you using it with any amp or DAC?

post #6 of 31
Thread Starter 

no amp, out of a laptop. The only things i can complain about is they reveal the poopy tracks and make them boring. This and newer recorded music with deeper bass are what this thing shines on. Aurvanas + Matthews is a match made in heaven.

post #7 of 31
Thread Starter 

how can people say the highs are veiled? at sometimes the treble is very very slightly harsh. I accually like it a little.

I really sounds like its flat response to me

post #8 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingamo View Post

i used them for maybe 5 minutes. however that is plenty enough to know if you like a headphone



I'd personally say at least a week, but to each their own.

 

But congrats on the purchase, they're a great headphone, and use the same driver as the Denon D1100's. :D

post #9 of 31

Congrats for the purchase. You have to be careful with them. 

Thats an aspect i like of the M50's..they are made to last. 

post #10 of 31
Thread Starter 

good point^ they arent flimsy but are NOT m50's.

i think the earpads are smallish and the headband a little stiff for my liking.

theyll break in though.

post #11 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabio-fi View Post

Congrats for the purchase. You have to be careful with them. 

Thats an aspect i like of the M50's..they are made to last. 


My M50s have gone through so much abuse in my hands as my wear-and-tear portable, and the only problem I have is a bit of instability in the right-side hinge for the swiveling cups. I cannot see them dying under normal use.

post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingamo View Post

Im loving these, i swear i like them more than the m50's ive tried.

when the price goes down to 58 again buy them instantly. This headphone is extremely awesome.

its like laid back detailed and bassy and still has treble. I really dig them.

Dave Matthews sounds awesome. Only thing i could ask for is impact and even without it its still awesome. NOT EVEN BURNED IN FOR AN HOUR!


Nice to say someone mirror my thoughts on the CALs. I definitely put them in the same class as the M50s. The only major drawback is they are fragile compared to the M50s which are tanks.

Taowolf, for the MILLIONTH time, they do NOT share the same drivers as the Denon D1100s. They share the same drivers as the Denon D1001. COMPLETELY different model.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 2/14/12 at 8:53pm
post #13 of 31

I had both at the same time and sold the M50's.

post #14 of 31
Thread Starter 

hahaha, they sound a little better than the bass bloated d1100's i tried.

Im seeing that a recable improves it greatly? i usually dont do that to new stuff but if its such an improvement then it seems it would be worth it.

my ears hurt a little from them though.

post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Nice to say someone mirror my thoughts on the CALs. I definitely put them in the same class as the M50s. The only major drawback is they are fragile compared to the M50s which are tanks.
Taowolf, for the MILLIONTH time, they do NOT share the same drivers as the Denon D1100s. They share the same drivers as the Denon D1001. COMPLETELY different model.


Sorry, it's what I've heard everyone saying, and noone was corrected. I guess I trust too easily, then.

No need to yell, mate. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Got the aurvanas...omg