New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HDMI Cable Discussion - Page 21

post #301 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

I stumbled upon something, maybe many of you have already seen it. Check the reviews for these gems:

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Digital-Audio-Ethernet-Connection/dp/B003CT5KMO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Digital-Audio-Ethernet-Connection/dp/B003CT2A6I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

 

Apparently the ultra-high-end market of HDMI cables has already been swarmed by hilarious trolls. I was wondering how an expensive HDMI cable could have such a rating and now I understand. Thank you internet =)

 


hahahahah

 

 

post #302 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post



And u opened the iphone up and got rid of ur warranty - yup that's right smily_headphones1.gif

I know how lithium batteries degrade - and its just as simple as that.

Anyway, lets get back on "topic"about HDMI's

Apple-rant over lol - But that's exactly how i feel about them
Apple = Monster Beats

The warranty had already expired, if it were still under warranty Apple would have just swapped the iPhone for another one, just walk into the store and it takes 5 minutes. They're good about that.

You irrational dislike for Apple doesn't change the fact that they're a very good company to do business with.
post #303 of 338
Not that I want to distract the HDMI debate but totally dubbed here owes us an answer.
So how about it? How much was your new battery?

1. After iPhone warranty expires, they offer a replacement plan for a $100.00 and they don't replace the battery, they give you a brand new phone. So it's not $500 or $600 like you suggest.

2. By the time the battery actually start to fail, chances are that the customer would want to upgrade anyways. So $100 for a new same version, or a new plan with a brand of the newest phone.

Don't be a hater or a troll.
post #304 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The warranty had already expired, if it were still under warranty Apple would have just swapped the iPhone for another one, just walk into the store and it takes 5 minutes. They're good about that.
You irrational dislike for Apple doesn't change the fact that they're a very good company to do business with.

 

Well I can understand then :)
That said, they don't replace it just like that for battery problems. I'm not saying terrible battery problems, I'm just talking about lithium batteries.

 

You see I have the same-ish battery in my SGS that u do in ur iphone.

After over 1yr of constant use my battery started to give me less and less battery life.

 

Imagine my mum's brand new SGS was giving double the battery life.

So I bought another battery, official 1,500mha one, and now my battery is brand new, like it was the first day I got it.

Things like this an iphone could never do.

 

And you might have skills etc to open it, but think of my mum for example, who wouldn't be able to do that.

Instead with the SGS, all she does is take the backplate off (like u do to take out the sim card) and just replaces the battery.

 

I can sell you that, if it wasn't for apple locking down the battery, they wouldn't get as many sales, as people on 3GS's would not upgrade.

I heard of countless people saying:
I'm getting the iphone4, as the battery seems better, and mine is dying...

 

Up to you at the end of the day.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotor102 View Post

Not that I want to distract the HDMI debate but totally dubbed here owes us an answer.
So how about it? How much was your new battery?
1. After iPhone warranty expires, they offer a replacement plan for a $100.00 and they don't replace the battery, they give you a brand new phone. So it's not $500 or $600 like you suggest.
2. By the time the battery actually start to fail, chances are that the customer would want to upgrade anyways. So $100 for a new same version, or a new plan with a brand of the newest phone.
Don't be a hater or a troll.


0. My new battery is perfect, 2x the battery life vs my used one :)

1. That's nice, I never heard of it! :D! Either or, I can save myself money + replacement costs and buy a phone with a removal battery

2. False. My battery started not to fail, but reduce in battery life. This was within a year -> no its not the phone its just how lithium batteries operate -> I had no plans to upgrade to the s2, i wanted to stay on my s1 - if i had bought the iphone4, then i would have probably now bought the sticker of the S.

 

I'm no troll.

Hater, that I am.

Fan-boy/brainwashed you are :)

post #305 of 338

I hate to continue the off topic discussion... but I'm curious how apple is significantly better in terms of technical specifications. Which specifications? Better screen and camera are about the only things that stand out to me.

 

The are a few reasons why I dislike apple products and chose other options. Their use of proprietary connectors is somewhat annoying. The iPod connector is a nice connection and offers nice features, but it reduces options and compatibility with other products. I'd much rather have USB and HDMI ports for my devices. They do a good job with the available internal memory options, but I don't think they'll ever offer expandable/external memory as an option. While their devices run very smoothly, I think they're lacking in the ability to customize. The 2 android phones I've owned have been newer devices with great hardware, so I have very few issues with the way they run and still have the benefit of being able to customize. Even if my phones didn't run quite as well as they do, I'd still like the customizable features. I also support android because I see it as the better product in the future. The earlier iOS devices were extremely impressive and their upgrades were similarly impressive. As time goes on and newer versions of the software and hardware are released, I feel like the changes are less significant and becoming less impressive. At this point, I might be considered a bit of an Android fan boy but it's because I legitimately enjoy the devices more. I'm generally into technology, so I look forward to new devices and enjoy seeing the competition. I found the 4S and new iPad to be rather disappointing.

post #306 of 338
Thread Starter 

Actually that's one thing I don't really agree on.

Android lost popularity a little with manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC - they were looking into their own come brand or Windows 7.

 

Hate to say it, but the way forward is windows.

With their Win8 to be speculated to be just like on the PC, it would mean a phone that runs just like on the PC, which would make it a killer tablet.

I've never had a windows phone, so I'm getting a lumnia 800 sent to me for 2 weeks for a trial - I'll keep u posted on that.

 

I find iOS, much better in terms of basic UI - but that's when its advantages stop - android, as u said can be customisable to a very large degree, whereas apple is constraint.

 

TO be honest it dpeends who u are:
If you are my mum, you would prefer something like the iOS platform, UI, and how it is locked down, so to speak.

 

If however you are in the slightest interest of expanding your memory (micro SD), having a removable battery, having better hardware, a better screen, and a much more open source OS - then android is clearly for you.

I mean the ONLY thing Apple wins in, is the fact that its so "secure" and that everything is done for you, that even a baby could use it. Its software backup is quite good too, by that i mean itunes etc.

That said, when i had an ipod, i despised using itunes - i hate it.

As soon as i got my S1, suddenly i could drag and drop on ANY PC without the need to sync and all that rubbish.

And if I want playlists, then I can easily create them on my phone.

 

Long story short, depends who it applies to, but for people to tell me apple is a better phone (hardware), "everyone copied them", its more "secure", is easier to use is plain right brainwashed.

-Hardware: Take a look at iphone4 vs SGS1 or S2 vs 4s

-Copied them...nuff said

-Secure - yeah sure iOS is more "secure"...but on android, if you are incompetent enough to download a virus, then u deserve to have one in the first place.

-And easiness to use: Just get used to it, its a lil different but end of the day is really easy to use. My 60yr old dad has an s2, and my 58yr old mum has a s1 - if u tell me android is hard to use, then just compare yourself. 

 

Now this is ON TOPIC.

Changed the title of the thread - cuz i can ;)

post #307 of 338

 

Quote:
0. My new battery is perfect, 2x the battery life vs my used one :)

1. That's nice, I never heard of it! :D! Either or, I can save myself money + replacement costs and buy a phone with a removal battery

2. False. My battery started not to fail, but reduce in battery life. This was within a year -> no its not the phone its just how lithium batteries operate -> I had no plans to upgrade to the s2, i wanted to stay on my s1 - if i had bought the iphone4, then i would have probably now bought the sticker of the S.

 

I'm no troll.

Hater, that I am.

Fan-boy/brainwashed you are :)

 

 

Actually, you sound very much like a hater and a troll to boot. Not saying this to offend, just stating the way I see things.  As for #2 being false? I doubt it, I have my iphone 4 a little over a year now and the battery shows no degradation of any kind.  My wife's iphone 2's battery started acting up after 3.5 years. And by the time she went to get the $100 exchange program, the 4s came out while she was expecting #5. So much like yourself, she opted to stick with her old phone, get a new version of the old phone with a full year's warranty and await iphone #5.  In the meantime, she got the New Ipad.

 

And no, I am not brainwashed nor a fanboy. In fact, when I was initially setting on a smartphone, I wanted to boycott apple altogether and go with Samsung GS-1. But then I compared functionality and decided on the Iphone-4.  

 

The 4s is definitely not the best on the market, nor I don't think anyone here will claim it to be. The S-2 and the Note alone are better. And I haven't read through the hoards of specs on the fleet of HTCs.  That said, majority of the guff and hatered towards apple stems from high expectations and not agreeing with the Apple Bubblewrapped ecosystem of Itunes and apps.

 

But, that's their gimmick and source of sales and gross. The products are one thing, but itunes and apps are a whole different beast.

 

At the end of the day, IMO, it's all about preference.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #308 of 338
Thread Starter 

Indeed all about preference :)

 

But about your battery I can guarantee your battery isn't as good as when you got it new.

I didn't even notice my battery degrading, until my mum got hers, and I couldn't believe the difference:
Same rom, same kernel, same phone, same wallpaper, launcher etc:
Mine: 1.5days

Hers: 3.5days

Of battery life - Medium usage (back on froyo with speedmod kernel - talking gibberish to you, but for anyone in the i900 scene, they will know what i mean)

As soon as I saw that, I went on the hunt for a new battery.

 

Got the new battery, and then was so happy to be using my phone back to how I used to use it.

If you don't believe me, look up lithium batteries, and stop calling me a troll ;)

post #309 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Indeed all about preference :)

 

But about your battery I can guarantee your battery isn't as good as when you got it new.

I didn't even notice my battery degrading, until my mum got hers, and I couldn't believe the difference:
Same rom, same kernel, same phone, same wallpaper, launcher etc:
Mine: 1.5days

Hers: 3.5days

Of battery life - Medium usage (back on froyo with speedmod kernel - talking gibberish to you, but for anyone in the i900 scene, they will know what i mean)

As soon as I saw that, I went on the hunt for a new battery.

 

Got the new battery, and then was so happy to be using my phone back to how I used to use it.

If you don't believe me, look up lithium batteries, and stop calling me a troll ;)



A normal Li-ion battery can go through ~500 charge cycles before its life decreases to 80%...unless you went through an entire charge cycle twice a day I honestly don't see how it could drop so much in a year, unless something else was going on.

 

That said, I agree and disagree with a lot of what you say about the iPhone.  Most of your issues with it would be true, for a normal, locked iPhone - but as soon as you jailbreak it, it's a whole different story.  It suddenly opens up and there are tons of customization options.  You can change practically every part of the interface to suit your needs, and the jailbreak community is extremely active and offers tons of support.  I'd honestly never use an iPhone unless it was jailbroken, but I'd prefer a jailbroken iPhone over most Android phones.   My only problem with it is that they're still tied to iTunes, which I have some issues with...

 

 

Aaaanyway, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet by being so off-topic. :P

post #310 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

A normal Li-ion battery can go through ~500 charge cycles before its life decreases to 80%...unless you went through an entire charge cycle twice a day I honestly don't see how it could drop so much in a year, unless something else was going on.

 

Aaaanyway, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet by being so off-topic. :P


How is it off topic any more?
You seen the title of the thread ;)?

 

Some mod must have moved the thread that said - as we were in members lounge before.

 

And about the battery - I speak off experience with my own phone + my old 3rd gen ipod touch

post #311 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Actually that's one thing I don't really agree on.

Android lost popularity a little with manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC - they were looking into their own come brand or Windows 7.

 

Hate to say it, but the way forward is windows.

With their Win8 to be speculated to be just like on the PC, it would mean a phone that runs just like on the PC, which would make it a killer tablet.

I've never had a windows phone, so I'm getting a lumnia 800 sent to me for 2 weeks for a trial - I'll keep u posted on that.



Well, I would agree and disagree with your point here. First off, I was generally talking about android vs apple, so windows wasn't a consideration at that point. More specifically, I was pointing out my lack of faith for the future of apple because of how restricted their iOS is. We now have the hardware capabilities for mobile devices to be much more than what iOS offers, in my opinion. The hardware is only getting better, so I think apple has to make a huge design change to their OS or its simplicity will hurt it in the long run. Your point about Windows 8 is actually kind of what I was talking about. Mobile devices are at the point that they don't have to depend on a limited/simple mobile OS design to be reasonably functional and smooth. I admit that apple has made some significant changes to the design of iOS, but they need to let go of their endless rows of app tiles being the only design.

 

As far as market share, I thought android was rising in numbers and apple had been losing ground. Obviously it's slow, but I thought that was a continuing trend and recent numbers continued that trend.

 

Windows 8 might be the way forward. I agree that it looks promising and will likely put up a good fight, but it's a bit early to tell. I thought WP7 would be a bit more successful but it hasn't really caught on as much as I would have thought. Obviously, Windows 8 has a lot more invested in it and the way it works across different platforms should make it a much more convenient option. A lot of promising things have been failures before, so I wouldn't say it's a guaranteed success yet.

 

I also agree with your point about iOS being simple and better for some people because of that. I don't think android is that difficult and I'd expect most people wouldn't have that much difficulty using it, but some people are just absolutely stupid with technology. I frequently get calls from my mom to help her solve issues with her iPhone because she forgets how to do stuff. If she has issues with iOS, there's no way I'd recommend an android device to her.

 

One thing I forgot to mention that annoys me is the popularity. It's not that I'm the type to dislike something for the mere fact that it became popular. I honestly do not believe that the iPhone is good enough to warrant it's market share as a single device. Realistically, the debate is always iPhone vs Android. No one Android device comes close to the market share of the iPhone, even though there are multiple devices at any given time that are considered competitive. Maybe it's the fault of Android being sold through multiple brands but I really don't think the iPhone, as a single device, deserves that large of a market share.

post #312 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Lemon View Post

One thing I forgot to mention that annoys me is the popularity. It's not that I'm the type to dislike something for the mere fact that it became popular. I honestly do not believe that the iPhone is good enough to warrant it's market share as a single device. Realistically, the debate is always iPhone vs Android. No one Android device comes close to the market share of the iPhone, even though there are multiple devices at any given time that are considered competitive. Maybe it's the fault of Android being sold through multiple brands but I really don't think the iPhone, as a single device, deserves that large of a market share.


I agree with all the points...however the last....the Samsung S2...did VERY well for itself - not iphone4 type sales, but still - very good, and created a new buzz.

It most definitely is an iphone killer - it puts the iphone in all aspects to shame.

 

I also agree that the iphone hype is just over-the-top, that's why i have a hatred for it. JUST LIKE how we audio-nuts have a nack against people that like beats.

Is there anything wrong with buying and owning beats?
OF COURSE NOT!
But when you could buy BETTER, for a CHEAPER price, then why not do so? Just following the trend are we?
Thus my initial statement:
Apple = Beats.

It feels the same "mentality" to me.

If you could buy a phone with better hardware: S2

If you could buy a phone that is cheaper: S1, S2

But yet decide not to:

Following the trend -> Iphone4

 

Of course there are many others, like HTC, Nokia etc - but lets stick to samsung as its the no1 for android + I have a lot of experience with them.

 

Also:

A year ago it was like:

-People couldn't afford the 4, so bought the s1 - and realised in the long run they made the right decision - however presented with a 4, they would gladly take it over the s1.

 

Now i feel its like:
-They realise that iOS isn't all that, and in fact there are better phones, like the s2 to compete on almost every basis vs the 4s and for the price, the 4 as well. So now people have tried something different, the s2, and have been preferring it.

If only we had LTE wide-spread in the EU, the s2 would be even more popular, as people would be buying it not only for all its other hardware capabilities, but its ultra fast browsing speeds.

 

Now its a little ironic - but I received the Nokia Lumia 800 for trial, from Nokia, and I have to say, this blows iOS out the water, and to some extent android.

The phone is blazing fast, as W7 manages it perfectly, the specs are there, the price is good, and the UI is VERY VERY easy to use - I spent half the time I took settings up an ipad. I got my FB, twitter, youtube, 9GB's of music (via zune on the PC), all on my phone already. And its only been hours I have it.

 

I cannot see how a person, who has no idea how to use a device, couldn't use this Lumia 800...its just impossible to get confused.

I posted some pictures here - (FYI: I don't make money on my website, so I'm not diverting traffic or all that jargon)

 

I find this is a phone that should replace the iphone, if you want simplicity, then why not try windows 7?
But most won't...they will, as said above, "follow the trend" and buy an iphone. That's what so sad about it.

 

SO SIMPLE, yet great at the same time.

I don't feel it will replace my S1....but god, its got me thinking about windows phone's now, I can tell you that for sure.


Edited by Totally Dubbed - 3/24/12 at 3:44pm
post #313 of 338

I still think my point stands: Even the good devices don't reach anywhere near the sales numbers that iphones get. Just a quick search shows that there were 37 million iPhone 4S sales over the holidays. The SGS2 hit 20 million in sales in February. Not that the SGS2 sales are bad... but they're not even close to the 4S. I think we'll both agree that those devices probably should have had a closer market share.

 

WP7 is a pretty good OS. I haven't used it much, but I tried a demo model in a store once and it was extremely intuitive and the fresh design was very appreciated. It almost tempted me to give it a try over android, but I ended up going with android. The lumia devices look pretty great, but I'll most likely wait to see how Windows 8 fairs once it gets released before I pursue a windows phone.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention this. When looking at your pictures, the lumia's glass looks a lot more... bubbly... than I remembered. Did you notice that? It just seems like the shape of the glass paired with the way it's set in the device makes it appear to be raised a bit, even though I realize it's not. Not that it's a huge deal or anything, it just looks weird at first glance.


Edited by CC Lemon - 3/24/12 at 7:47pm
post #314 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Lemon View Post

I still think my point stands: Even the good devices don't reach anywhere near the sales numbers that iphones get. Just a quick search shows that there were 37 million iPhone 4S sales over the holidays. The SGS2 hit 20 million in sales in February. Not that the SGS2 sales are bad... but they're not even close to the 4S. I think we'll both agree that those devices probably should have had a closer market share.

 

WP7 is a pretty good OS. I haven't used it much, but I tried a demo model in a store once and it was extremely intuitive and the fresh design was very appreciated. It almost tempted me to give it a try over android, but I ended up going with android. The lumia devices look pretty great, but I'll most likely wait to see how Windows 8 fairs once it gets released before I pursue a windows phone.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention this. When looking at your pictures, the lumia's glass looks a lot more... bubbly... than I remembered. Did you notice that? It just seems like the shape of the glass paired with the way it's set in the device makes it appear to be raised a bit, even though I realize it's not. Not that it's a huge deal or anything, it just looks weird at first glance.


I don't quite get what you mean - as in the glass is raised above the frame?

It might look like that, it just has rounded edges.

 

And I'm with you on the windows front - I'll be buying a new PC on Win8 methinks - and possibly a phone to go with it - lets see!

 

 

post #315 of 338

Yeah, just the way the edges/corners are curved a little... makes it seem a bit more 3 dimensional.

 

I may end up slightly annoyed with the windows 8 release date. I was planning on buying a laptop around June which might be cutting it close for the W8 release. Due to some potential travel, I might be looking at a desktop replacement which I would prefer to order from a more custom builder. If that's the case, I might be forced to order a laptop on windows 7 which would be slightly frustrating if the release of 8 is just around the corner. Plus, I hate waiting.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: