- 3,451 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:56 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 12/3/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 643
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suggest you try and give them a whirl...they caught me off guard.
Well, they're going back tomorrow to their owner (brams)...thanks again for the audition!
One other point about the TH900 is that they are able to highlight an image naturally without introducing glare to it. In other phones that have good imaging, I notice some some brightness in, say, a vocal when it is emphasized in the recording (maybe in a poorly mastered one). With the TH900, I love it when the image is very well deliniated but not wince-inducing in the slightest.
Maybe this is what people notice when they say the TH900 has mid-range suckout, or recessed mids, but I think this is an over simplification, and to me it sounds like great imaging without artificial spotlighting.
These central images are not blurred, in fact there is fine focus that is very satisfying.
I do notice in HD800s and even Audeze LCD3Fs that a vocal will sometimes stand out too much and become pushy to achieve definition.
With the TH900s, the vocalist (or maybe a brass or wind instrument) will not only avoid sudden brightness, but will remain in the plane of the performance or even be in the background but still remain well defined, as the focus of attention. Other phones may bring an image too forward to define it, unnaturally forward.
As I think about it, that may be a sonic capability of the TH900 that makes this phone so extremely listenable to me.
This is something I would call a key characteristic of a refined sound.
(I hear that term "refined" a lot in audio, and I guess I have used it several times, but I think its meaning needs to be spelled out more specifically.)
Edited by rgs9200m - 3/19/15 at 9:32pm
Edited by up late - 3/20/15 at 8:12am
been listening to the album on my TH-900's aswell, sounds amazing indeed.
The cheapest and best mod that I recently discovered: Cut your hair.
After a haircut they sit so much more comfortable and it just sounds better, (well it probably sounds just the same but the increased comfort does help).
Could it be because of a better seal?
Hope someone can chime in on your query. If you do try it, please let us know. Best of luck.
Yeh, I have come across Mike's review. But I found it lacking in specific detail about the TH900 and TU05 pairing.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 second ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 12 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 26 seconds ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 Upgrades and Mods Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear