Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 601

post #9001 of 9013
I do not find the mids recessed. Mine are recabled but recessed mids will often give an artificially large soundstage and distance. I find the 900 do pretty well. I mostly listen through solid state ams though I am a tube guy but the 900 is great with SS in my opinion. I do think a warm amp would not be a good pairing with them.
post #9002 of 9013

With my balancing act with PX4 tubes, this Fostex is just perfect with tight bass and beautiful mids with mullard preamp tube.  It's kind of perfect match for my taste and yet i am an ath sound fan with seductive mids.

post #9003 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by r one View Post
 

With my balancing act with PX4 tubes, this Fostex is just perfect with tight bass and beautiful mids with mullard preamp tube.  It's kind of perfect match for my taste and yet i am an ath sound fan with seductive mids.

 

How is the V800/V200 with TH900? Really curious about the V200 and V800 combo, or V200 + Schiit Gungnir (since it is quite a bit cheaper here).

post #9004 of 9013
601 pages into this thread and i would've thought that everything that could have been said about the th900's fr had already been said. it has a mid range dip. folks notice it and the fr measurements confirm it. ancillary gear won't fundamentally change its sound signature. you can eq the mids to bring them up and the th900 responds well to this apparently. i've not tried it coz i'm happy with the th900's presentation. but there really shouldn't be any more debate over whether it has recessed mids or not - it does and that's been well and truly established.
post #9005 of 9013
Well then time to pack up and close the thread. No cable talk, no recessed mid talk, adjust your iTunes eq and go home.tongue.gif
post #9006 of 9013
well threads do run their course and no more cable talk would be a blessing. there's always music. cans are good for that apparently.
post #9007 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackarlTwo View Post
 

 

How is the V800/V200 with TH900? Really curious about the V200 and V800 combo, or V200 + Schiit Gungnir (since it is quite a bit cheaper here).


very good appairing with the violectric stack. Basses are very impactful and deep deep deep..But sometimes if you listening modern electro music, bass and treble are a little too much. TH900 will be more euphonic with my tube amp and a little bit more dynamic with V200. I think with SS amp, the th900 be a bit tiring so I only use it with the Balancing Act and my W3000 with the V200.

post #9008 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzzup View Post
 

I tell you the A8 is the right choice, listening to it right now.  Although im grooving with the hugo as well, but warm amps like the hugo or tubes, may not answer the mid issue. I agree with another poster the th900 plays most music i listen too exactly as I like it. 


all tube amps are not warm...;)

post #9009 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by r one View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzzup View Post

 
I tell you the A8 is the right choice, listening to it right now.  Although im grooving with the hugo as well, but warm amps like the hugo or tubes, may not answer the mid issue. I agree with another poster the th900 plays most music i listen too exactly as I like it. 


all tube amps are not warm...wink.gif
I'll fix it, some tubes;)
post #9010 of 9013

Fully agree...not all tubes are warm.  Some are piercing...

 

HS

post #9011 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

601 pages into this thread and i would've thought that everything that could have been said about the th900's fr had already been said. it has a mid range dip. folks notice it and the fr measurements confirm it. ancillary gear won't fundamentally change its sound signature. you can eq the mids to bring them up and the th900 responds well to this apparently. i've not tried it coz i'm happy with the th900's presentation. but there really shouldn't be any more debate over whether it has recessed mids or not - it does and that's been well and truly established.

Well said.
post #9012 of 9013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

601 pages into this thread and i would've thought that everything that could have been said about the th900's fr had already been said. it has a mid range dip. folks notice it and the fr measurements confirm it. ancillary gear won't fundamentally change its sound signature. you can eq the mids to bring them up and the th900 responds well to this apparently. i've not tried it coz i'm happy with the th900's presentation. but there really shouldn't be any more debate over whether it has recessed mids or not - it does and that's been well and truly established.

Well said.

We will not speak of recessed mids or upgrade cables again, we get it.
post #9013 of 9013

I've been running my TH900's through a Burson Soloist Amp/Resonessence DAC for the past year and have been in audio bliss with no desire to change anything since.  Perfect all-rounder system.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread