Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 567

post #8491 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post
 


 Havent heard those names in a long time.

 

The SinglePower would most likely blow a hole in the 900,  if it  didn't burn the house down first.  Since Mikhail disappeared some years ago probably not a great investment.

 

Don't have a lot to say about the Dynahi maybe someone else can chime in.  These are some definite "old skool" amps youre considering.

My SinglePower is rebuilt so its totally safe for operation and it sounds great.

post #8492 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
 


 The HP-A8 blows the HP-A8 out of the water.  No contest.


So I have heard.

 

Just on a side note and without confusing matters I have also heard that its quite the opposite that in fact the HP-A8 is superior to the HP-A8 (according to the Japanese forums)


Edited by Mortalcoil - 12/19/14 at 10:23pm
post #8493 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncical View Post
 

My SinglePower is rebuilt so its totally safe for operation and it sounds great.


Ah ok that's cool. 

 

Well my opinion though still stands .... it may tear the 900 a new one :wink:

post #8494 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post
 


So I have heard.

 

Just on a side note and without confusing matters I have also heard that its quite the opposite that in fact the HP-A8 is superior to the HP-A8 (according to the Japanese forums)

 

Haha. I was tired last night :-D

post #8495 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMaddict View Post
 

 

Haha. I was tired last night :-D


  :biggrin:   :beerchug:

post #8496 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncical View Post
 

Well I'm the newest member of the TH900 club. Anyone use a Dynahi or a SinglePower with these?


The Dynahi would be serious overkill way to powerful.  Depends on what SP you have - A buddy of mine has a SP extreme I think, sound really good with my old TH900.

post #8497 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post

 


 The HP-A8 blows the HP-A8 out of the water.  No contest.


So I have heard.

Just on a side note and without confusing matters I have also heard that its quite the opposite that in fact the HP-A8 is superior to the HP-A8 (according to the Japanese forums)

As an a8 owner and 900 i concure nice pairing the only downside is the future can acquisition and power concerns. It can power hd800 easy, I don't know about he 6 and lcd 3, even with a good power transformer in the hpa8 those cans may need 2-4 watts. Has anyone tried to power these cans through an a8? Now for me personally I beleive nirvana has been reached, but it's a consideration I think.
Edited by Whazzzup - Yesterday at 12:20 pm
post #8498 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
 


 The HP-A8 blows the HP-A8 out of the water.  No contest.


So it's better than itself Blake?   Was that a typo?

post #8499 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by germay0653 View Post
 


So it's better than itself Blake?   Was that a typo?


 It was my poor attempt at humor. Just having a bit of fun with EDMAddict's typographical error (go back in the thread a bit and you will see).  :bigsmile_face:

 

And to EDMAddict, hope you don't take offense. :beerchug:

post #8500 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
 


 It was my poor attempt at humor. Just having a bit of fun with EDMAddict's typographical error (go back in the thread a bit and you will see).  :bigsmile_face:

 

And to EDMAddict, hope you don't take offense. :beerchug:

 

No worries :)

post #8501 of 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 


The Dynahi would be serious overkill way to powerful.  Depends on what SP you have - A buddy of mine has a SP extreme I think, sound really good with my old TH900.

Meh maybe overkill but I bet it will sound great. I have a low gain setting. I've used the AD700 with Dynahi with no issues.

post #8502 of 8502

 

Röyksopp - The Inevitable End,  Incredible Album for the TH900

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread