- 428 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 538post #8056 of 806810/24/14 at 1:57amI don't have any complaints about the treble. Only that the mids can sound a bit too much like a string instrument, not exactly sure how to describe it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 806810/24/14 at 5:09amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by akhyar
Theirs sq are totally different. TH900 has a very deep and solid bass slam, with smooth but extended treble. One thing I don't like is the midrange suck-out, with the low mids too lacking for my liking.
The PM-1 is a warmer sounding can with mids bump and rolled-off treble, so to me they are totally different aounding
Thanks peeps appreciate your views, I love my TH900s but I'm on the lookout for something different to complement them, HD800 are at the top of my list but the PM-1 does sound quite interestingpost #8058 of 806810/24/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
HD-800 compliments the TH-900 very nicely indeed. Across the board the HD-800 is still recognized as "the" top open dynamic hp .....great to have the option of either top of the closed category (TH-900) or the open category(HD-800).
Fun and involving vs Analytical and extended with a cavernous soundstage.
Unless of course you can swing an Abyss into the mix
Edited by Mortalcoil - 10/24/14 at 4:09pmpost #8059 of 806810/31/14 at 8:20amSome questions about this headphone if current owners would be kind enough to answer....
1. How do these fare when gaming or watching movies?
2. Do they pair well with the Hugo?
3. Would the be a good stablemate for the HE-500?
Many thanks.post #8060 of 806810/31/14 at 8:24amQuote:
1. I watch movies with TH900 and HD800, when no one around I use HD800, but TH900 is really nice esp with the bass.
2. Not a big fan of hugo, look is very disappointing for me, looks like a childtoy.
3. Good pair with HE6post #8061 of 806810/31/14 at 8:32ampost #8062 of 806810/31/14 at 9:01am
Agreed! I watching X-Men:DOFP on it the other night and I was in audio bliss.
2) I wasn't impressed with the Hugo and felt it was way overpriced to my ears and it does look like a Fisher Price toy.
Edited by Byrnie - Today at 9:03 ampost #8063 of 806810/31/14 at 10:21amQuote:
1. They're fantastic for movies and gaming.
2. I've heard great things about Hugo and TH900's, but haven't heard Hugo in person.
3. Most probably.post #8064 of 806810/31/14 at 10:33amBecause this is a responsive thread and I put it out on a couple of others. I may consider open head phone compliment my th900 powers by hpa8, has anyone heard either hd800 or new he on the hpa8....or recommendations?post #8065 of 806810/31/14 at 10:57amQuote:
I've heard the new HE560 and I recently bought it as my complement to my TH900s but I have not heard it on the HP-A8. I have heard the 560 on my Asgard and on a Taurus mk2post #8066 of 806810/31/14 at 11:21ampost #8067 of 806810/31/14 at 11:28amQuote:
the highs are super smooth and the mids are perfect in my eyes. bass is present but neutral. Works as a great complement, I think.post #8068 of 806810/31/14 at 1:58pmQuote:
Indeed, I had a Hugo but it's just not worth the price. I sold it.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 26 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 31 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TWO silent HTPC or media servers CAPS 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)