- 427 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 538post #8056 of 805710/24/14 at 1:57amI don't have any complaints about the treble. Only that the mids can sound a bit too much like a string instrument, not exactly sure how to describe it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8057 of 805710/24/14 at 5:09amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by akhyar
Theirs sq are totally different. TH900 has a very deep and solid bass slam, with smooth but extended treble. One thing I don't like is the midrange suck-out, with the low mids too lacking for my liking.
The PM-1 is a warmer sounding can with mids bump and rolled-off treble, so to me they are totally different aounding
Thanks peeps appreciate your views, I love my TH900s but I'm on the lookout for something different to complement them, HD800 are at the top of my list but the PM-1 does sound quite interesting
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2997 Active Users (535 Members and 2462 Guests)
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Audioengine 5+ Speakers and Fiio X3 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Build a headphone driver. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2