Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 513

post #7681 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

Plus, Ferraris come with free 7 year maintenance plans nowadays. Try that with a fiancee. =P


Adam desktop/bookshelf/monitor speakers have really good high frequency extension, but all the 5" models I tried just don't go low enough for me.
I had the same problem with the Adam F5 and the F7 were too expensive to me.
post #7682 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post


I had the same problem with the Adam F5 and the F7 were too expensive to me.


not to be off topic here, but what would you recommend instead of the F5, then? looking for some bookshelf speakers here...

post #7683 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post
 


not to be off topic here, but what would you recommend instead of the F5, then? looking for some bookshelf speakers here...

I'll pm you.

post #7684 of 7956

So I have a pair of d2ks that I really like and it's made me interested in the th600/900s.  At the risk of losing out, HeadRoom has th900s on b-stock right now that also qualify for their discount code, which makes them $1125.  It looks like they still have warranty and stuff and I have the money, so I ask you:  Good deal/great deal?

post #7685 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcaustin View Post

So I have a pair of d2ks that I really like and it's made me interested in the th600/900s.  At the risk of losing out, HeadRoom has th900s on b-stock right now that also qualify for their discount code, which makes them $1125.  It looks like they still have warranty and stuff and I have the money, so I ask you:  Good deal/great deal?

Good deal! I paid mine $1650
post #7686 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Taurus looks way better than gsx imo. No flame of wa* please smily_headphones1.gif

Just that I find gsx look like home made product.

How does it look home made?

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #7687 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

How does it look home made?


Wow this looks different way better than the silver or black.

Never saw this one before. Is this in production?
post #7688 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post


Wow this looks different way better than the silver or black.

Never saw this one before. Is this in production?


yeah, you must make some amazing stuff at home if you think justin's stuff looks homemade.

you may/may not like his amps, but they're about as well made as anything out there. i had the gs-x mk.i and it was a beautiful device.

post #7689 of 7956
To me it looks as homemade as a Ferrari does!

Oh, and look at pictures of the inside of the GS-X and then compare them to those of a Luxman P-700, then tell me which does look more professional.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 8/13/14 at 4:48pm
post #7690 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcaustin View Post

So I have a pair of d2ks that I really like and it's made me interested in the th600/900s.  At the risk of losing out, HeadRoom has th900s on b-stock right now that also qualify for their discount code, which makes them $1125.  It looks like they still have warranty and stuff and I have the money, so I ask you:  Good deal/great deal?

I wouldn't compare b-stock prices with full prices. B-stock is often refurbished and at the price of top gear like that I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full quality.
Tbh, I'd rather buy second hand a-stock and would ask for the original invoice when doing so to make sure I don't get b-stock.
Each to his own of course, I'm just not a fan.
post #7691 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Wow this looks different way better than the silver or black.

Never saw this one before. Is this in production?

*rolls eyes*
post #7692 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

I wouldn't compare b-stock prices with full prices. B-stock is often refurbished and at the price of top gear like that I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full quality.
Tbh, I'd rather buy second hand a-stock and would ask for the original invoice when doing so to make sure I don't get b-stock.
Each to his own of course, I'm just not a fan.

Im also a Fostex dealer and there is no way i know of to acquire refurb th900s. It just means they were returned.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #7693 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcaustin View Post
 

So I have a pair of d2ks that I really like and it's made me interested in the th600/900s.  At the risk of losing out, HeadRoom has th900s on b-stock right now that also qualify for their discount code, which makes them $1125.  It looks like they still have warranty and stuff and I have the money, so I ask you:  Good deal/great deal?

I do not know about other B stocks, but if it is HeadRoom (and especially TH-900), it just means opened box or returned item.  I bought two pairs of headphones, one new one B-stock from them and they are identical...except for the prices.

post #7694 of 7956

Considering I'm coming from d2k, is it worth going with the middle upgrade of th600s first, or just going whole hog and getting these because deal?  

post #7695 of 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcaustin View Post

Considering I'm coming from d2k, is it worth going with the middle upgrade of th600s first, or just going whole hog and getting these because deal?  
Depends on how much money you have. You may get the TH600 and be satisfied, but something tells me you will still be curious about the TH900. So in the end you will have had to pay more money overall if you go D2k > TH600 > TH900. Even if you sell the TH600 you will probably not receive the full amount you paid for them back.

Conversely, if you get the TH600 and are 100% satisfied you might save a decent amount of cash.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread