Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on Today at 5:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree with your point on the impedance. I wish that it was equivalent to other cans (like the HD800) so that It was easier to find an amp that could drive as many headphones as possible very well. Unfortunately with such a low impedance some of the better amps struggle with issues like noise floor and the number of steps in a volume pot. I find it odd that fostex made a lacquered headphone which is deliberately aimed at being able to be driven by portable gear.
My Master 9 & WA22 drive it with great finesse. Guess your amp should be versatile enough.
I have gone back and done some extensive listening with the ZD. The mids sound better but the treble, to my ears, has become more elevated. Its as though somebody has has raised the equalization curve up while not adjusting the bass (if this makes any sense at all).
Yep....can't wait for the Crack to come (hopefully next week).
Edit: that won't make a difference... I will go back to the SS amp...the Crack is probably for the HD 800
Edited by kothganesh - 6/7/14 at 3:57am
Well mine aren't Lawton modded nor are they being run out of a vintage amp but my lord I agree with you on the great depth and wonderful soundstage
I also agree that they are beauties and that the bass is truly epic
Wow! Then again I viewed it on my Note3...guess It would look different on my 55" HDTV...thanks.
They worked very well out of my vintage receiver when I had them.
I think the TH900 has really nice mids. It just gets overshadowed by the dominant highs and bass.
It's now MUCH closer to my preferred signature. Would people recommend the rwak120 to pair?
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile Closed Back Portable Options 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 9 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 9 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear