- 863 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 431post #6451 of 79493/5/14 at 2:14amyep detailed and not warm. haven't heard the d7000 but folks used to say it was lush. the th900 ain't lush either imo.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6452 of 79493/5/14 at 2:21ampost #6453 of 79493/5/14 at 2:37ampost #6454 of 79493/5/14 at 8:54ampost #6455 of 79493/6/14 at 12:49ampost #6456 of 79493/6/14 at 12:53ampost #6457 of 79493/6/14 at 1:17ampost #6458 of 79493/6/14 at 1:32amQuote:
I'm gonna be honest that the HP-A8 & TH-900 didn't really thrill me that much. I had the HP-A8 for quite a few months before moving on. I think the amp portion of the HP-A8 was the weakest point of the whole DAC/Amp. Using it as a DAC to feed into the WA7 was more satisfactory than straight headphone out of the HP-A8.
Although I didn't spend much time with the HP-A4, it kinda grabbed my attention more than with the HP-A8. If you have an opportunity, maybe compare side-by-side or look at 3rd party alternatives.
I've settled with the Invicta-> customised ZD(SE variant) for my TH-900's.post #6459 of 79493/6/14 at 2:06ampost #6460 of 79493/6/14 at 2:12amQuote:
Sennheiser HDVD800 cost more than Fostex HP-A8.
Those that have tried the HDVD800 agreed that the in-built DAC doesn't do justice to the amp, while HP-A8 has the other way roundpost #6461 of 79493/6/14 at 2:19ampost #6462 of 79493/6/14 at 2:19amTaonally IMHO @audionewbi, I'd you get a chance to demo the WA7 with EH tubes, it's great value for $$$. I think personally I'd be happier with that than the HP-A8 given a budget.post #6463 of 79493/6/14 at 2:34ampost #6464 of 79493/6/14 at 2:36am
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › k1000 owners club 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › To replace an HE-500... HE-500, HE-400i, or LCD-2? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Burson Soloist Headphone Amplifier - Must get rid of SUPER... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)