do you guys think the th900 will ever drop down in price to somewhere closer to $1000? hahah... i don't think i cld ever justify spending more than that on a pair of headphones :-/
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:11 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 9/16/14 at 8:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 414post #6196 of 79471/26/14 at 1:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 79471/26/14 at 1:59ampost #6198 of 79471/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
the th900 can be found for a lot less than the original mrsp but $1k might be pushing it.post #6199 of 79471/26/14 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by dukeskd
TH900 is a lot different from the LCD-2 in the upper frequency range, it is brighter and detail extraction is an improvement. Mid are more seductive with the LCD-2s and sound stage is a lot more closed in. The only similarities are in the bass but the TH900 having more impact or "rumble" as they call it and the bass has a different texture. Both cans are great for bass-heads.
That's pretty close to all the comparisons I could dig up on head-fi. It sounds like the TH900's have everything that I felt was missing with the LCD-2's.post #6200 of 79471/26/14 at 11:51am
Listening to the TH 900's on the Meier Daccord + Classic can't believe these are closed. The Meier stack really does pair well with these (as it does with every other HP I own). So smooth, fluid , with a deep, impactful bass & wide soundstage.
Took me over 5 mins to type this, as had to get up & dance a few times.
Edited by punit - 1/26/14 at 11:58ampost #6201 of 79471/26/14 at 1:19pmJust picked up th900 with the hpa8, sounds brilliant. Certainly lounge, electronic, hip hop and classic le sound incredible. Super low bass which I love, the highs in general quite balanced. This is my first reference experience so don't know how to compare, but happy.post #6202 of 79471/26/14 at 1:21pmpost #6203 of 79471/26/14 at 1:30pmThanks for that, it was shure 846 that first put that tingle in my spine at the low end, sub woofer in my brain. So the th900 seemed like the logical next step. In ear good for the road but at home, comfort is also key, the 900 sure are those. Cheers.post #6204 of 79471/26/14 at 3:25pmpost #6205 of 79471/26/14 at 3:29pmpost #6206 of 79471/26/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
They did drop from $2k to $1500 (about 3 months after I bought them ).post #6207 of 79471/26/14 at 6:58pmQuote:
That price drop was what convinced me to get them
1k would be an amazing deal IMO. Would make them an absolute must-get headphone.post #6208 of 79471/26/14 at 8:11pmpost #6209 of 79471/26/14 at 8:14pm
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 10 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 17 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 2 minutes ago
- › stolen lost shure e5s!?!?!? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)