do you guys think the th900 will ever drop down in price to somewhere closer to $1000? hahah... i don't think i cld ever justify spending more than that on a pair of headphones :-/
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:24 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 414post #6196 of 77851/26/14 at 1:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6197 of 77851/26/14 at 1:59ampost #6198 of 77851/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
the th900 can be found for a lot less than the original mrsp but $1k might be pushing it.post #6199 of 77851/26/14 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by dukeskd
TH900 is a lot different from the LCD-2 in the upper frequency range, it is brighter and detail extraction is an improvement. Mid are more seductive with the LCD-2s and sound stage is a lot more closed in. The only similarities are in the bass but the TH900 having more impact or "rumble" as they call it and the bass has a different texture. Both cans are great for bass-heads.
That's pretty close to all the comparisons I could dig up on head-fi. It sounds like the TH900's have everything that I felt was missing with the LCD-2's.post #6200 of 77851/26/14 at 11:51am
Listening to the TH 900's on the Meier Daccord + Classic can't believe these are closed. The Meier stack really does pair well with these (as it does with every other HP I own). So smooth, fluid , with a deep, impactful bass & wide soundstage.
Took me over 5 mins to type this, as had to get up & dance a few times.
Edited by punit - 1/26/14 at 11:58ampost #6201 of 77851/26/14 at 1:19pmJust picked up th900 with the hpa8, sounds brilliant. Certainly lounge, electronic, hip hop and classic le sound incredible. Super low bass which I love, the highs in general quite balanced. This is my first reference experience so don't know how to compare, but happy.post #6202 of 77851/26/14 at 1:21pmpost #6203 of 77851/26/14 at 1:30pmThanks for that, it was shure 846 that first put that tingle in my spine at the low end, sub woofer in my brain. So the th900 seemed like the logical next step. In ear good for the road but at home, comfort is also key, the 900 sure are those. Cheers.post #6204 of 77851/26/14 at 3:25pmpost #6205 of 77851/26/14 at 3:29pmpost #6206 of 77851/26/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
They did drop from $2k to $1500 (about 3 months after I bought them ).post #6207 of 77851/26/14 at 6:58pmQuote:
That price drop was what convinced me to get them
1k would be an amazing deal IMO. Would make them an absolute must-get headphone.post #6208 of 77851/26/14 at 8:11pmpost #6209 of 77851/26/14 at 8:14pm
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 4 minutes ago
- › New to headphones: Help needed 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)