TH900 is not good with jazz. It's stellar.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:11 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 9/16/14 at 8:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 405post #6061 of 79471/8/14 at 11:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6062 of 79471/8/14 at 12:28pmpost #6063 of 79471/8/14 at 12:36pm
No other can has such smoothness and authority. Transients are homogenous and delineated.
If you're in symphonic music too, it's a real limousine. Fostex should release a revamped HPA8 at CES14.
Yum…post #6064 of 79471/8/14 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by KBerube80
How much better is the TH900 v.s. the D7000? Is it worth it?
With that said, how does the Fostex TH900 compare to the Lawton modded LA-D7000?
Also, thinking of selling my Denon D7000's to buy the TH900 for another reason: they are still in production so parts are more readily available.
I haven't heard the TH900 but I would like to. I've owned the LA-7000 for almost 3 years and I still like it a lot. In the 3 years that I've had them, LCD2.1, LCD2.2, LCD3, HE6, T1 and HD800 have come and gone. Mark Lawton did a great job of improving my perceived faults of the D7000. I told Mark what improvements I wanted in the modification, namely bigger and more open soundstage, more forward mids, less bright highs, and a tighter mid bass that doesn't intrude into the midrange. Put a check mark in every box because my D7000 came back to me as a much improved headphone in name of the LA7000. My upgrade included the claro walnut cups that are larger than the stock cups and the Jenna Labs TOTL cable terminated in a 4 pin balanced connector. I also got a 1 foot long XLR to 1/4" plug adapter. Before I upgraded the D7000, I considered selling it because of the forementioned perceived faults. Since the modification, I've been very satisfied with it because it is very well balanced.post #6065 of 79471/9/14 at 9:02ampost #6066 of 79471/9/14 at 9:04ampost #6067 of 79471/9/14 at 9:06ampost #6068 of 79471/9/14 at 9:08ampost #6069 of 79471/9/14 at 9:08amQuote:
Looking at your sig and if the LCD-3s are what you're accustomed to and coming from, then yes I can understand why you find the TH-900s to be on the bright side and recessed mids. It's really what you're used to. Personally for me, the LCD-3s have sounded veiled (and I tried 3 of them, all supposedly post RMAed).post #6070 of 79471/9/14 at 4:49pmQuote:+1. I have had the same experience and impression when I did an A/B between the 900 and the LCD 3,(as well as the LCD XC). I even posted the same some time ago. I don't listen to the Audeze and TH 900 on the same day anymore.Originally Posted by AnakChan
Looking at your sig and if the LCD-3s are what you're accustomed to and coming from, then yes I can understand why you find the TH-900s to be on the bright side and recessed mids. It's really what you're used to. Personally for me, the LCD-3s have sounded veiled (and I tried 3 of them, all supposedly post RMAed).post #6071 of 79471/9/14 at 5:06pmpost #6072 of 79471/10/14 at 12:42pm
Certainly not hash on Grace M903 or the Bakoon HDA 5210 MK3 - in fact on the Bakoon the highs are stellerpost #6073 of 79471/10/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
I second that. In fact, I intended to buy a Bakoon HA21 dedicated to TH900.post #6074 of 79471/10/14 at 1:04pm
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Please help me decide between ssennheiser hd600 or fidelio x1 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)