Never had any issues with leakage myself either; my partner normally sits around 3-5m away in the same room and never complains - can only hear it very slightly at even high volumes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Just got Fostex th-900 After Two Years Of Wheelin' & Dealin' Last post on 3/19/14 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 compliment the HE500s Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 384post #5746 of 681511/20/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5747 of 681511/20/13 at 1:18pmpost #5748 of 681511/20/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
+1 Sound leakage has never been an issue with my roommates.post #5749 of 681511/20/13 at 3:40pmpost #5750 of 681511/20/13 at 5:01pmpost #5751 of 681511/20/13 at 5:58pm
mine was #00242, yet you guys think its a big leak or something, for me the door is like 2-3 meters away, when i had the amp on 75% and the PC on 50% i was able to listen to the music when i was 1 meter away from the door, outside testing ofc.post #5752 of 681511/20/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
I'd love to buy it. But I'm afraid I'm too late? ... Sent you a PM anyway...post #5753 of 681511/20/13 at 6:34pm@shinni
Was anyone wearing the TH900 while you were standing at the door? If not, then it's pretty pointless, since all phones would "leak" without a human head providing a seal.
At my home, I told the other half to put them on while I stepped further and further away. Beyond the 3m mark, I couldn't hear anything even when she increased the volume. Sitting next to her, I could hear stuff, obviously. It's usually the upper-mid vocal frequencies that leak out the easiest, in my experience.post #5754 of 681511/20/13 at 10:37pmpost #5755 of 681511/20/13 at 11:49pmIn the quiet office I work in a colleague 2 meters away can hear all the details of the music albeit a tinny version, but the office is most silent outside of typing. At home even at very high volume only those immediately near me can hear, but anywhere in the house even doors open can't hear a peep and my home is a back unit on a large block which is very quiet.
I can understand begin annoyed by edm or music with lots of treble splashes and hits as they leak them most.post #5756 of 681511/21/13 at 12:32amQuote:
You better have had the headphones actually on someone's head and not lying on the table because that makes a gigantic difference.................................post #5757 of 681511/21/13 at 1:13amQuote:
yes i did, cause i said testing, not the fist time i do that :< i know what i was doing, going CIEM now till brother move out then i will buy a new TH900.post #5758 of 681511/21/13 at 1:38amI have them on right now, listening to some awesome hollywood themes. Epic!
My 7-year old is sleeping soundly beside me. Whatever sound is leaking does not seem to bother him at all. The T1 in my opinion leaks more, but of course it will, as it is semi open.
What I'm saying is, yes they leak, as most headphones will do closed or not. The amount of leakage will be based on seal and volume. The amount of inconvenience to others will depend on their tolerance for noise. The TH900s for me are good enough that I am willing to come to a compromise about how lound I listen and how much noise those around me can tolerate. I personally can't give up this pair just because someone in my house can't handle a little ambient noise. If the headphone was not that good, probably yes. When it is this good? Heck no!
Of course this is all coming from my perspective, and the particular set of circumstances I find myself in. Lucky me, I guess, that others around me are willing to compromise too.post #5759 of 681511/21/13 at 2:10ampost #5760 of 681511/26/13 at 7:20am
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TH900,
I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN :
" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › fiio x3 vs fiio e17 vs fiio 07 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 5 minutes ago
- › Currently using AKG K702 anniversaries, what would be a good upgrade? 5 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz r1 9 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 9 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob