Never had any issues with leakage myself either; my partner normally sits around 3-5m away in the same room and never complains - can only hear it very slightly at even high volumes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 384
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+1 Sound leakage has never been an issue with my roommates.
mine was #00242, yet you guys think its a big leak or something, for me the door is like 2-3 meters away, when i had the amp on 75% and the PC on 50% i was able to listen to the music when i was 1 meter away from the door, outside testing ofc.
I'd love to buy it. But I'm afraid I'm too late? ... Sent you a PM anyway...
Was anyone wearing the TH900 while you were standing at the door? If not, then it's pretty pointless, since all phones would "leak" without a human head providing a seal.
At my home, I told the other half to put them on while I stepped further and further away. Beyond the 3m mark, I couldn't hear anything even when she increased the volume. Sitting next to her, I could hear stuff, obviously. It's usually the upper-mid vocal frequencies that leak out the easiest, in my experience.
I can understand begin annoyed by edm or music with lots of treble splashes and hits as they leak them most.
You better have had the headphones actually on someone's head and not lying on the table because that makes a gigantic difference.................................
yes i did, cause i said testing, not the fist time i do that :< i know what i was doing, going CIEM now till brother move out then i will buy a new TH900.
My 7-year old is sleeping soundly beside me. Whatever sound is leaking does not seem to bother him at all. The T1 in my opinion leaks more, but of course it will, as it is semi open.
What I'm saying is, yes they leak, as most headphones will do closed or not. The amount of leakage will be based on seal and volume. The amount of inconvenience to others will depend on their tolerance for noise. The TH900s for me are good enough that I am willing to come to a compromise about how lound I listen and how much noise those around me can tolerate. I personally can't give up this pair just because someone in my house can't handle a little ambient noise. If the headphone was not that good, probably yes. When it is this good? Heck no!
Of course this is all coming from my perspective, and the particular set of circumstances I find myself in. Lucky me, I guess, that others around me are willing to compromise too.
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TH900,
I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN :
" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 26 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Best earbuds to get 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 7 minutes ago
- › can some one explain to me using too powerful amp on iems and its... 7 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 9 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear