Never had any issues with leakage myself either; my partner normally sits around 3-5m away in the same room and never complains - can only hear it very slightly at even high volumes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 3:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/24/14 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 384post #5746 of 801411/20/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5747 of 801411/20/13 at 1:18pmpost #5748 of 801411/20/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
+1 Sound leakage has never been an issue with my roommates.post #5749 of 801411/20/13 at 3:40pmpost #5750 of 801411/20/13 at 5:01pmpost #5751 of 801411/20/13 at 5:58pm
mine was #00242, yet you guys think its a big leak or something, for me the door is like 2-3 meters away, when i had the amp on 75% and the PC on 50% i was able to listen to the music when i was 1 meter away from the door, outside testing ofc.post #5752 of 801411/20/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
I'd love to buy it. But I'm afraid I'm too late? ... Sent you a PM anyway...post #5753 of 801411/20/13 at 6:34pm@shinni
Was anyone wearing the TH900 while you were standing at the door? If not, then it's pretty pointless, since all phones would "leak" without a human head providing a seal.
At my home, I told the other half to put them on while I stepped further and further away. Beyond the 3m mark, I couldn't hear anything even when she increased the volume. Sitting next to her, I could hear stuff, obviously. It's usually the upper-mid vocal frequencies that leak out the easiest, in my experience.post #5754 of 801411/20/13 at 10:37pmpost #5755 of 801411/20/13 at 11:49pmIn the quiet office I work in a colleague 2 meters away can hear all the details of the music albeit a tinny version, but the office is most silent outside of typing. At home even at very high volume only those immediately near me can hear, but anywhere in the house even doors open can't hear a peep and my home is a back unit on a large block which is very quiet.
I can understand begin annoyed by edm or music with lots of treble splashes and hits as they leak them most.post #5756 of 801411/21/13 at 12:32amQuote:
You better have had the headphones actually on someone's head and not lying on the table because that makes a gigantic difference.................................post #5757 of 801411/21/13 at 1:13amQuote:
yes i did, cause i said testing, not the fist time i do that :< i know what i was doing, going CIEM now till brother move out then i will buy a new TH900.post #5758 of 801411/21/13 at 1:38amI have them on right now, listening to some awesome hollywood themes. Epic!
My 7-year old is sleeping soundly beside me. Whatever sound is leaking does not seem to bother him at all. The T1 in my opinion leaks more, but of course it will, as it is semi open.
What I'm saying is, yes they leak, as most headphones will do closed or not. The amount of leakage will be based on seal and volume. The amount of inconvenience to others will depend on their tolerance for noise. The TH900s for me are good enough that I am willing to come to a compromise about how lound I listen and how much noise those around me can tolerate. I personally can't give up this pair just because someone in my house can't handle a little ambient noise. If the headphone was not that good, probably yes. When it is this good? Heck no!
Of course this is all coming from my perspective, and the particular set of circumstances I find myself in. Lucky me, I guess, that others around me are willing to compromise too.post #5759 of 801411/21/13 at 2:10ampost #5760 of 801411/26/13 at 7:20am
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TH900,
I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN :
" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 17 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Wood Cup For Denon AH-D2000 2 minutes ago
- › Ryse: Son of rome 2 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Advice on DAC/AMP + Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)