Never had any issues with leakage myself either; my partner normally sits around 3-5m away in the same room and never complains - can only hear it very slightly at even high volumes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:27 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 384
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+1 Sound leakage has never been an issue with my roommates.
mine was #00242, yet you guys think its a big leak or something, for me the door is like 2-3 meters away, when i had the amp on 75% and the PC on 50% i was able to listen to the music when i was 1 meter away from the door, outside testing ofc.
I'd love to buy it. But I'm afraid I'm too late? ... Sent you a PM anyway...
Was anyone wearing the TH900 while you were standing at the door? If not, then it's pretty pointless, since all phones would "leak" without a human head providing a seal.
At my home, I told the other half to put them on while I stepped further and further away. Beyond the 3m mark, I couldn't hear anything even when she increased the volume. Sitting next to her, I could hear stuff, obviously. It's usually the upper-mid vocal frequencies that leak out the easiest, in my experience.
I can understand begin annoyed by edm or music with lots of treble splashes and hits as they leak them most.
You better have had the headphones actually on someone's head and not lying on the table because that makes a gigantic difference.................................
yes i did, cause i said testing, not the fist time i do that :< i know what i was doing, going CIEM now till brother move out then i will buy a new TH900.
My 7-year old is sleeping soundly beside me. Whatever sound is leaking does not seem to bother him at all. The T1 in my opinion leaks more, but of course it will, as it is semi open.
What I'm saying is, yes they leak, as most headphones will do closed or not. The amount of leakage will be based on seal and volume. The amount of inconvenience to others will depend on their tolerance for noise. The TH900s for me are good enough that I am willing to come to a compromise about how lound I listen and how much noise those around me can tolerate. I personally can't give up this pair just because someone in my house can't handle a little ambient noise. If the headphone was not that good, probably yes. When it is this good? Heck no!
Of course this is all coming from my perspective, and the particular set of circumstances I find myself in. Lucky me, I guess, that others around me are willing to compromise too.
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TH900,
I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN :
" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 2 minutes ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...