Never had any issues with leakage myself either; my partner normally sits around 3-5m away in the same room and never complains - can only hear it very slightly at even high volumes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 4/21/17 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 384
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+1 Sound leakage has never been an issue with my roommates.
mine was #00242, yet you guys think its a big leak or something, for me the door is like 2-3 meters away, when i had the amp on 75% and the PC on 50% i was able to listen to the music when i was 1 meter away from the door, outside testing ofc.
I'd love to buy it. But I'm afraid I'm too late? ... Sent you a PM anyway...
Was anyone wearing the TH900 while you were standing at the door? If not, then it's pretty pointless, since all phones would "leak" without a human head providing a seal.
At my home, I told the other half to put them on while I stepped further and further away. Beyond the 3m mark, I couldn't hear anything even when she increased the volume. Sitting next to her, I could hear stuff, obviously. It's usually the upper-mid vocal frequencies that leak out the easiest, in my experience.
I can understand begin annoyed by edm or music with lots of treble splashes and hits as they leak them most.
You better have had the headphones actually on someone's head and not lying on the table because that makes a gigantic difference.................................
yes i did, cause i said testing, not the fist time i do that :< i know what i was doing, going CIEM now till brother move out then i will buy a new TH900.
My 7-year old is sleeping soundly beside me. Whatever sound is leaking does not seem to bother him at all. The T1 in my opinion leaks more, but of course it will, as it is semi open.
What I'm saying is, yes they leak, as most headphones will do closed or not. The amount of leakage will be based on seal and volume. The amount of inconvenience to others will depend on their tolerance for noise. The TH900s for me are good enough that I am willing to come to a compromise about how lound I listen and how much noise those around me can tolerate. I personally can't give up this pair just because someone in my house can't handle a little ambient noise. If the headphone was not that good, probably yes. When it is this good? Heck no!
Of course this is all coming from my perspective, and the particular set of circumstances I find myself in. Lucky me, I guess, that others around me are willing to compromise too.
My Friends, brave members of the community of the TH900,
I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN :
" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 52 seconds ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear