or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 381

post #5701 of 14257

Just got a haircut after a long time and I swear the headphones sound better lol. A lot more comfortable too. Seems like I get a much better seal around my ears without all that hair.

 

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes :D

post #5702 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post
 

Just got a haircut after a long time and I swear the headphones sound better lol. A lot more comfortable too. Seems like I get a much better seal around my ears without all that hair.

 

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes :D

Hehe.... funny I had the exact same experience not to long ago :beerchug:

post #5703 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

Just got a haircut after a long time and I swear the headphones sound better lol. A lot more comfortable too. Seems like I get a much better seal around my ears without all that hair.

Going to cut my hair regularly now just for listening purposes biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, finally someone broaches this idea! Been cutting my hair shorter for more than a year now just for this reason. Hahahah!
post #5704 of 14257

I'm now a proud owner of the TH900 :).

 

And wow!  These headphones are truly a masterpiece.  One of the only headphones that's probably worth its asking price.  These headphones are simply stunning from its performance to its looks.

 

I've owned a few 1000k+ headphones and none of them have wowed me the way the TH900 has.  In fact many of them were a huge disappointment.

 

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.

 

Fostex has created a masterpiece here.  It is the greatest headphone I've ever head the pleasure of listening to.

post #5705 of 14257

hey guys i got one very important burn in question, my TH900 is used for like one year, i bought it for like 1200$ here in head-fi, the drivers should be already burned in right? yet i find that the bass and treble extend and sparkle more on the TH600 that i had for two months, i really find this to be very strange, or do i need to get used to the sound sig or something? 

post #5706 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamics View Post
 

I'm now a proud owner of the TH900 :).

 

And wow!  These headphones are truly a masterpiece.  One of the only headphones that's probably worth its asking price.  These headphones are simply stunning from its performance to its looks.

 

I've owned a few 1000k+ headphones and none of them have wowed me the way the TH900 has.  In fact many of them were a huge disappointment.

 

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.

 

Fostex has created a masterpiece here.  It is the greatest headphone I've ever head the pleasure of listening to.

Congrats .... enjoy them.


Edited by Mortalcoil - 11/13/13 at 4:00am
post #5707 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post
 

hey guys i got one very important burn in question, my TH900 is used for like one year, i bought it for like 1200$ here in head-fi, the drivers should be already burned in right? yet i find that the bass and treble extend and sparkle more on the TH600 that i had for two months, i really find this to be very strange, or do i need to get used to the sound sig or something?

 

Give your ears some time to adjust to the new sound sig.

post #5708 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamics View Post
 

I'm now a proud owner of the TH900 :).

 

And wow!  These headphones are truly a masterpiece.  One of the only headphones that's probably worth its asking price.  These headphones are simply stunning from its performance to its looks.

 

I've owned a few 1000k+ headphones and none of them have wowed me the way the TH900 has.  In fact many of them were a huge disappointment.

 

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.

 

Fostex has created a masterpiece here.  It is the greatest headphone I've ever head the pleasure of listening to.


Congrats, I have had them for a few months now, and I still feel the same way I did when I received them. even just looking at them makes me happy :bigsmile_face:

post #5709 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

hey guys i got one very important burn in question, my TH900 is used for like one year, i bought it for like 1200$ here in head-fi, the drivers should be already burned in right? yet i find that the bass and treble extend and sparkle more on the TH600 that i had for two months, i really find this to be very strange, or do i need to get used to the sound sig or something? 
Unless you have a fresh pair alongside a used pair you cannot tell anyway. And factor in pads being worn in
post #5710 of 14257
if it's been used for that long then what your hearing shouldn't change.
post #5711 of 14257

note to clean the confusion, I've been using them for 3-4 days, the old user used them for a year, so it is matter of time for my head to get used to the sound sig right? i though cause i got used to the TH600 it should't take a lot of the TH900 since they are similar :/ 

post #5712 of 14257
everyone's different but that'd be enough time for me to know if they're gonna be keepers.
post #5713 of 14257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamics View Post

I'm now a proud owner of the TH900 smily_headphones1.gif.

I see people talk a lot about Audeze, Beyerdynamics, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, etc.  I've tried them all and none of them were as comfortable, sounded as good, or even looked as good as the TH900.  These headphones are perfection from its build to the sound quality.  It is a pair of headphones I do not regret spending my money on.
Congrats, I like them too - but the you're saying the HD800 is less comfortable? I can't agree there, even in weight alone the 800 would win in comfort.
post #5714 of 14257

Using them with the Alpha Pads, yet i don't think the change of the sound should be big, it should be subtle  :P 

post #5715 of 14257
You might just prefer a brighter sound and it probably isn't necessarily the TH900's fault. On the other hand, the TH600 might not be settled down yet and what you're hearing might be just spiky treble.

Reciprocating what's ALWAYS said on this forum rather than having your opinion is becoming a major problem.

Everyone has a different head and differing takes on what comfort is. Some will find one headphone more comfortable than another. Personally I find the Audeze more comfortable than the HD800 despite being much heavier because the weight is nicely distributed to the cups and it's also a nice snug feeling on my head. With the HD800, it is in a sense intrinsically comfortable, but I find it a bit too light and loose on the head. The less cushioned pads make it seem more present on my head and especially on the sides of my head. Lastly, the TH900 feels like a bit of a mix between the other two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread