the price is 1411$ in amazon, too bad no one is selling it atm on head-fi :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 372
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They're both closed and in similar price range for starters. Even though early indications state the headphone won't sound the same doesn't mean there isn't a worthwhile comparison.
I understand where you are coming from. I think any comparisons are useful for members here that can't hear these headphones for themselves. A comparison allows them to further define exactly what they want and to make a more informed buying leap. The HD800, HE-6, and LCD-3 are constantly compared and they all sound drastically different, IMO.
You're right the comparisons are useful and essential if you can't hear them. I guess I was more thinking if someone is serious about one of these hp's, I couldn't imagine them being on the fence between the two. But they need to understand them enough to get to that point, hence the comparisons.
Why not? If I haven't heard either - this would in fact put me on the fence - no?
Besides - anything can and will be compared - This is head fi.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Why does it matter if headphones have a frequency range below 20Hz... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Get a Dac or upgrade headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2