the price is 1411$ in amazon, too bad no one is selling it atm on head-fi :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Just got Fostex th-900 After Two Years Of Wheelin' & Dealin' Last post on 3/19/14 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 compliment the HE500s Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 372post #5566 of 680210/18/13 at 4:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5567 of 680210/19/13 at 12:27ampost #5568 of 680210/19/13 at 1:28ampost #5569 of 680210/19/13 at 1:58ampost #5570 of 680210/19/13 at 2:58ampost #5571 of 680210/19/13 at 3:22ampost #5572 of 680210/19/13 at 3:34ampost #5573 of 680210/19/13 at 4:58amQuote:
Are they available to ship or is it a pre-order?post #5574 of 680210/19/13 at 8:32ampost #5575 of 680210/19/13 at 8:53ampost #5576 of 680210/19/13 at 8:58amQuote:
They're both closed and in similar price range for starters. Even though early indications state the headphone won't sound the same doesn't mean there isn't a worthwhile comparison.post #5577 of 680210/19/13 at 9:08ampost #5578 of 680210/19/13 at 9:11amQuote:
I understand where you are coming from. I think any comparisons are useful for members here that can't hear these headphones for themselves. A comparison allows them to further define exactly what they want and to make a more informed buying leap. The HD800, HE-6, and LCD-3 are constantly compared and they all sound drastically different, IMO.post #5579 of 680210/19/13 at 9:16amYou're right the comparisons are useful and essential if you can't hear them. I guess I was more thinking if someone is serious about one of these hp's, I couldn't imagine them being on the fence between the two. But they need to understand them enough to get to that point, hence the comparisons.post #5580 of 680210/19/13 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by ethan7000
You're right the comparisons are useful and essential if you can't hear them. I guess I was more thinking if someone is serious about one of these hp's, I couldn't imagine them being on the fence between the two. But they need to understand them enough to get to that point, hence the comparisons.
Why not? If I haven't heard either - this would in fact put me on the fence - no?
Besides - anything can and will be compared - This is head fi.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 8 seconds ago
- › Israel Meet 12 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 16 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP200 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob