- 1,152 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 as capable for low volume listening and PRAT than a RS1 ? Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 371post #5551 of 794110/16/13 at 6:21amThe proper way to wear them is with the headband pointing down like a stethoscope.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5552 of 794110/16/13 at 7:34ampost #5553 of 794110/16/13 at 9:46amQuote:
If you do that, the Fostex printing will be aligned parallel to the ground. Maybe they designed it like that.post #5554 of 794110/17/13 at 3:01ampost #5555 of 794110/17/13 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Just got my TH900 recabled for SE or balanced use. A big thanks to Girls Generation whose pictures prompted me to follow suit. Using it balanced now through the Gungnir/Mjolinir stack and let me tell y'all..........you already know it but what the heck ..... deep, punchy bass with great slam as required, nice mids (slightly less forward to my ears compared to the LCD-3) and beautiful treble. On the Mojo, I just had to turn the volume pot slightly above 9 o'clock to get all the detail I need to hear. Playing Alan Parsons, I heard instruments that I had not heard with my other cans, even the LCD 2.2.
Very very early days but I think I have found my end-game in dynamic, closed-end HPs.
Can you share what/where you did this. If possible please share some pics.post #5556 of 794110/17/13 at 4:50am
Thanks for the responses gathered about how best to wear the TH-900. Low and centered seems good for imaging and also more comfortable as headphone sits looser on my head (3 notches on each side). Soundstage size is also quite improved, but still lightly closed feeling at times.
Edited by namaiki - 10/17/13 at 4:56ampost #5557 of 794110/17/13 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Failed Engineer
Finally got a real listening session with my TH-900 with my ECP L-2, and I have to say I was worried about the comments about recessed midrange, but I don't hear any of it. And I am surprised how I enjoy the bass weight of the phones because I usually am not a bass focused listener. I usually prefer vocal and midrange magic. I like how they are nimble and speedy without sacrificing weight.
I bought these as a curiosity just to compare to my W3000ANV and thought I would quickly sell them, but it's going to take a little bit to find out the winner. The W3000ANV's ethereal vocals will be hard to beat but it wasn't a quick KO like I had thought going into the battle.
I do notice that I turn up the volume a little bit more with the TH-900 than the W3000ANV's and that's probably related to the discussion a couple pages back.
The TH-900 are also infinitely more comfortable than the W3000ANVs, and come close to the SR-007 as the most comfortable headphones I've worn.
still eyeing the th900 so keep the comparisons coming. how does the treble compare? that's one of the w3000's strengths IMO.post #5558 of 794110/17/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Maybe research a little bit more. This ain't daycare.post #5559 of 794110/17/13 at 9:34am
Why is it hard to share a link to a re-cabler? Could be done in the same amount of time as writing this response.post #5560 of 794110/17/13 at 9:46amQuote:Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.post #5561 of 794110/17/13 at 9:51ampost #5562 of 794110/17/13 at 10:29ampost #5563 of 794110/17/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.
Thanks GG.post #5564 of 794110/17/13 at 2:58pm
There is a search button or even yet just use the forum tool to read one particular member's posts within a thread. Whilst recabling TH900 may be a relative novelty, take the amount of "customs v universal IEM" threads. Touch silly, as if that question has never been asked before(!)
Been allowing limited private demo of my TH900 with select heads. Smiling faces. Your HD800, Audeze, HiFiMan, Beyers of this world more often than not get one thing mentioned
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 9 seconds ago
- › First time buyer of "Audiophile" grade headphones. What next? 15 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 16 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)