- 1,161 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 371post #5551 of 805510/16/13 at 6:21amThe proper way to wear them is with the headband pointing down like a stethoscope.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5552 of 805510/16/13 at 7:34ampost #5553 of 805510/16/13 at 9:46amQuote:
If you do that, the Fostex printing will be aligned parallel to the ground. Maybe they designed it like that.post #5554 of 805510/17/13 at 3:01ampost #5555 of 805510/17/13 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Just got my TH900 recabled for SE or balanced use. A big thanks to Girls Generation whose pictures prompted me to follow suit. Using it balanced now through the Gungnir/Mjolinir stack and let me tell y'all..........you already know it but what the heck ..... deep, punchy bass with great slam as required, nice mids (slightly less forward to my ears compared to the LCD-3) and beautiful treble. On the Mojo, I just had to turn the volume pot slightly above 9 o'clock to get all the detail I need to hear. Playing Alan Parsons, I heard instruments that I had not heard with my other cans, even the LCD 2.2.
Very very early days but I think I have found my end-game in dynamic, closed-end HPs.
Can you share what/where you did this. If possible please share some pics.post #5556 of 805510/17/13 at 4:50am
Thanks for the responses gathered about how best to wear the TH-900. Low and centered seems good for imaging and also more comfortable as headphone sits looser on my head (3 notches on each side). Soundstage size is also quite improved, but still lightly closed feeling at times.
Edited by namaiki - 10/17/13 at 4:56ampost #5557 of 805510/17/13 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Failed Engineer
Finally got a real listening session with my TH-900 with my ECP L-2, and I have to say I was worried about the comments about recessed midrange, but I don't hear any of it. And I am surprised how I enjoy the bass weight of the phones because I usually am not a bass focused listener. I usually prefer vocal and midrange magic. I like how they are nimble and speedy without sacrificing weight.
I bought these as a curiosity just to compare to my W3000ANV and thought I would quickly sell them, but it's going to take a little bit to find out the winner. The W3000ANV's ethereal vocals will be hard to beat but it wasn't a quick KO like I had thought going into the battle.
I do notice that I turn up the volume a little bit more with the TH-900 than the W3000ANV's and that's probably related to the discussion a couple pages back.
The TH-900 are also infinitely more comfortable than the W3000ANVs, and come close to the SR-007 as the most comfortable headphones I've worn.
still eyeing the th900 so keep the comparisons coming. how does the treble compare? that's one of the w3000's strengths IMO.post #5558 of 805510/17/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Maybe research a little bit more. This ain't daycare.post #5559 of 805510/17/13 at 9:34am
Why is it hard to share a link to a re-cabler? Could be done in the same amount of time as writing this response.post #5560 of 805510/17/13 at 9:46amQuote:Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.post #5561 of 805510/17/13 at 9:51ampost #5562 of 805510/17/13 at 10:29ampost #5563 of 805510/17/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.
Thanks GG.post #5564 of 805510/17/13 at 2:58pm
There is a search button or even yet just use the forum tool to read one particular member's posts within a thread. Whilst recabling TH900 may be a relative novelty, take the amount of "customs v universal IEM" threads. Touch silly, as if that question has never been asked before(!)
Been allowing limited private demo of my TH900 with select heads. Smiling faces. Your HD800, Audeze, HiFiMan, Beyers of this world more often than not get one thing mentioned
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 48 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3