- 1,165 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 371
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do that, the Fostex printing will be aligned parallel to the ground. Maybe they designed it like that.
Just got my TH900 recabled for SE or balanced use. A big thanks to Girls Generation whose pictures prompted me to follow suit. Using it balanced now through the Gungnir/Mjolinir stack and let me tell y'all..........you already know it but what the heck ..... deep, punchy bass with great slam as required, nice mids (slightly less forward to my ears compared to the LCD-3) and beautiful treble. On the Mojo, I just had to turn the volume pot slightly above 9 o'clock to get all the detail I need to hear. Playing Alan Parsons, I heard instruments that I had not heard with my other cans, even the LCD 2.2.
Very very early days but I think I have found my end-game in dynamic, closed-end HPs.
Can you share what/where you did this. If possible please share some pics.
Thanks for the responses gathered about how best to wear the TH-900. Low and centered seems good for imaging and also more comfortable as headphone sits looser on my head (3 notches on each side). Soundstage size is also quite improved, but still lightly closed feeling at times.
Edited by namaiki - 10/17/13 at 4:56am
Finally got a real listening session with my TH-900 with my ECP L-2, and I have to say I was worried about the comments about recessed midrange, but I don't hear any of it. And I am surprised how I enjoy the bass weight of the phones because I usually am not a bass focused listener. I usually prefer vocal and midrange magic. I like how they are nimble and speedy without sacrificing weight.
I bought these as a curiosity just to compare to my W3000ANV and thought I would quickly sell them, but it's going to take a little bit to find out the winner. The W3000ANV's ethereal vocals will be hard to beat but it wasn't a quick KO like I had thought going into the battle.
I do notice that I turn up the volume a little bit more with the TH-900 than the W3000ANV's and that's probably related to the discussion a couple pages back.
The TH-900 are also infinitely more comfortable than the W3000ANVs, and come close to the SR-007 as the most comfortable headphones I've worn.
still eyeing the th900 so keep the comparisons coming. how does the treble compare? that's one of the w3000's strengths IMO.
Maybe research a little bit more. This ain't daycare.
Why is it hard to share a link to a re-cabler? Could be done in the same amount of time as writing this response.
Hope this helps.
Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.
There is a search button or even yet just use the forum tool to read one particular member's posts within a thread. Whilst recabling TH900 may be a relative novelty, take the amount of "customs v universal IEM" threads. Touch silly, as if that question has never been asked before(!)
Been allowing limited private demo of my TH900 with select heads. Smiling faces. Your HD800, Audeze, HiFiMan, Beyers of this world more often than not get one thing mentioned
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 12 seconds ago
- › Focal Spirit One/Pro/Classic compatible replacement cable? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 1 minute ago
- › New member roll call 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701's are brutally UNCOMFORTABLE....any recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a pair of headphones for around 300$ 2 minutes ago
- › Rectifiers/Power/Drivers for WA22 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs - a comparison thread 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2