- 1,165 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on Today at 5:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 371
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do that, the Fostex printing will be aligned parallel to the ground. Maybe they designed it like that.
Just got my TH900 recabled for SE or balanced use. A big thanks to Girls Generation whose pictures prompted me to follow suit. Using it balanced now through the Gungnir/Mjolinir stack and let me tell y'all..........you already know it but what the heck ..... deep, punchy bass with great slam as required, nice mids (slightly less forward to my ears compared to the LCD-3) and beautiful treble. On the Mojo, I just had to turn the volume pot slightly above 9 o'clock to get all the detail I need to hear. Playing Alan Parsons, I heard instruments that I had not heard with my other cans, even the LCD 2.2.
Very very early days but I think I have found my end-game in dynamic, closed-end HPs.
Can you share what/where you did this. If possible please share some pics.
Thanks for the responses gathered about how best to wear the TH-900. Low and centered seems good for imaging and also more comfortable as headphone sits looser on my head (3 notches on each side). Soundstage size is also quite improved, but still lightly closed feeling at times.
Edited by namaiki - 10/17/13 at 4:56am
Finally got a real listening session with my TH-900 with my ECP L-2, and I have to say I was worried about the comments about recessed midrange, but I don't hear any of it. And I am surprised how I enjoy the bass weight of the phones because I usually am not a bass focused listener. I usually prefer vocal and midrange magic. I like how they are nimble and speedy without sacrificing weight.
I bought these as a curiosity just to compare to my W3000ANV and thought I would quickly sell them, but it's going to take a little bit to find out the winner. The W3000ANV's ethereal vocals will be hard to beat but it wasn't a quick KO like I had thought going into the battle.
I do notice that I turn up the volume a little bit more with the TH-900 than the W3000ANV's and that's probably related to the discussion a couple pages back.
The TH-900 are also infinitely more comfortable than the W3000ANVs, and come close to the SR-007 as the most comfortable headphones I've worn.
still eyeing the th900 so keep the comparisons coming. how does the treble compare? that's one of the w3000's strengths IMO.
Maybe research a little bit more. This ain't daycare.
Why is it hard to share a link to a re-cabler? Could be done in the same amount of time as writing this response.
Hope this helps.
Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.
There is a search button or even yet just use the forum tool to read one particular member's posts within a thread. Whilst recabling TH900 may be a relative novelty, take the amount of "customs v universal IEM" threads. Touch silly, as if that question has never been asked before(!)
Been allowing limited private demo of my TH900 with select heads. Smiling faces. Your HD800, Audeze, HiFiMan, Beyers of this world more often than not get one thing mentioned
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 48 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for metal and rock music at ~1000USD 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear