- 1,161 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 371post #5551 of 804210/16/13 at 6:21amThe proper way to wear them is with the headband pointing down like a stethoscope.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5552 of 804210/16/13 at 7:34ampost #5553 of 804210/16/13 at 9:46amQuote:
If you do that, the Fostex printing will be aligned parallel to the ground. Maybe they designed it like that.post #5554 of 804210/17/13 at 3:01ampost #5555 of 804210/17/13 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Just got my TH900 recabled for SE or balanced use. A big thanks to Girls Generation whose pictures prompted me to follow suit. Using it balanced now through the Gungnir/Mjolinir stack and let me tell y'all..........you already know it but what the heck ..... deep, punchy bass with great slam as required, nice mids (slightly less forward to my ears compared to the LCD-3) and beautiful treble. On the Mojo, I just had to turn the volume pot slightly above 9 o'clock to get all the detail I need to hear. Playing Alan Parsons, I heard instruments that I had not heard with my other cans, even the LCD 2.2.
Very very early days but I think I have found my end-game in dynamic, closed-end HPs.
Can you share what/where you did this. If possible please share some pics.post #5556 of 804210/17/13 at 4:50am
Thanks for the responses gathered about how best to wear the TH-900. Low and centered seems good for imaging and also more comfortable as headphone sits looser on my head (3 notches on each side). Soundstage size is also quite improved, but still lightly closed feeling at times.
Edited by namaiki - 10/17/13 at 4:56ampost #5557 of 804210/17/13 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Failed Engineer
Finally got a real listening session with my TH-900 with my ECP L-2, and I have to say I was worried about the comments about recessed midrange, but I don't hear any of it. And I am surprised how I enjoy the bass weight of the phones because I usually am not a bass focused listener. I usually prefer vocal and midrange magic. I like how they are nimble and speedy without sacrificing weight.
I bought these as a curiosity just to compare to my W3000ANV and thought I would quickly sell them, but it's going to take a little bit to find out the winner. The W3000ANV's ethereal vocals will be hard to beat but it wasn't a quick KO like I had thought going into the battle.
I do notice that I turn up the volume a little bit more with the TH-900 than the W3000ANV's and that's probably related to the discussion a couple pages back.
The TH-900 are also infinitely more comfortable than the W3000ANVs, and come close to the SR-007 as the most comfortable headphones I've worn.
still eyeing the th900 so keep the comparisons coming. how does the treble compare? that's one of the w3000's strengths IMO.post #5558 of 804210/17/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Maybe research a little bit more. This ain't daycare.post #5559 of 804210/17/13 at 9:34am
Why is it hard to share a link to a re-cabler? Could be done in the same amount of time as writing this response.post #5560 of 804210/17/13 at 9:46amQuote:Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.post #5561 of 804210/17/13 at 9:51ampost #5562 of 804210/17/13 at 10:29ampost #5563 of 804210/17/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Sorry for the late response; I am traveling and will be back over the weekend. I will send some pictures then. Moon Audio in Cary NC did the recabling. They have the two ends of the cable from the HP ending in an adapter. I then have two separate cables (one SE and the other balanced) connecting (one at a time) to this adapter and the other end connecting to my amp (either Mjolnir for balanced or Soloist for SE).
Hope this helps.
Thanks GG.post #5564 of 804210/17/13 at 2:58pm
There is a search button or even yet just use the forum tool to read one particular member's posts within a thread. Whilst recabling TH900 may be a relative novelty, take the amount of "customs v universal IEM" threads. Touch silly, as if that question has never been asked before(!)
Been allowing limited private demo of my TH900 with select heads. Smiling faces. Your HD800, Audeze, HiFiMan, Beyers of this world more often than not get one thing mentioned
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2 3 seconds ago
- › Heir 4.Ai price reduced 255 dollars 24 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 38 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Mouse -Fi 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)