- 7,715 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- is the denon d7000 still king of closed headphones Last post on 12/9/14 at 6:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?
I got a short one with the the DX100.
No... I don't have such cable when I got the R10...
I'm going to get the Audience mini to RCA coaxial cable. It's $140 for 3 feet. Seems its review and price both good tho...
The EF-6 was made for the HE-6.. Maybe a bit overkill.. Let us know how you like the pairing...
Be carefull with Amps made for orthos that are "too powerfull" for TH900. I experience myself some HISSS out of the balanced output of my amp, because I am at 8 o'clock with the TH900... while, with LCD there are no HISSS at all.
Edited by kothganesh - 9/14/13 at 3:53am
I should be getting this beauty in the next two weeks. I currently have the Lyr, Soloist and Mjolnir amps. From those who have used/still use the 900 with any or all of these amps, I would love to hear which amp drives the 900 to euphonic heights. Two of these amps are SE while the Mojo is balanced; hence I may have to re- cable/re-terminate the stock to balanced.
The Soloist is a powerful amp too though. Make sure you use low gain.
I'm going to be terminating it at the y split with audeze plugs, and getting different bottom cables for SE and balanced.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Pico Slim, Western Electric 421A tubes, Bottlehead Crack + Speedball 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › IEM for below $100. 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)