- 7,759 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 4/21/17 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?
I got a short one with the the DX100.
No... I don't have such cable when I got the R10...
I'm going to get the Audience mini to RCA coaxial cable. It's $140 for 3 feet. Seems its review and price both good tho...
The EF-6 was made for the HE-6.. Maybe a bit overkill.. Let us know how you like the pairing...
Be carefull with Amps made for orthos that are "too powerfull" for TH900. I experience myself some HISSS out of the balanced output of my amp, because I am at 8 o'clock with the TH900... while, with LCD there are no HISSS at all.
Edited by kothganesh - 9/14/13 at 3:53am
I should be getting this beauty in the next two weeks. I currently have the Lyr, Soloist and Mjolnir amps. From those who have used/still use the 900 with any or all of these amps, I would love to hear which amp drives the 900 to euphonic heights. Two of these amps are SE while the Mojo is balanced; hence I may have to re- cable/re-terminate the stock to balanced.
The Soloist is a powerful amp too though. Make sure you use low gain.
I'm going to be terminating it at the y split with audeze plugs, and getting different bottom cables for SE and balanced.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Hungry for a taste of better sound, sub-$100 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 6 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear