- 7,757 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 9/23/16 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?
I got a short one with the the DX100.
No... I don't have such cable when I got the R10...
I'm going to get the Audience mini to RCA coaxial cable. It's $140 for 3 feet. Seems its review and price both good tho...
The EF-6 was made for the HE-6.. Maybe a bit overkill.. Let us know how you like the pairing...
Be carefull with Amps made for orthos that are "too powerfull" for TH900. I experience myself some HISSS out of the balanced output of my amp, because I am at 8 o'clock with the TH900... while, with LCD there are no HISSS at all.
Edited by kothganesh - 9/14/13 at 3:53am
I should be getting this beauty in the next two weeks. I currently have the Lyr, Soloist and Mjolnir amps. From those who have used/still use the 900 with any or all of these amps, I would love to hear which amp drives the 900 to euphonic heights. Two of these amps are SE while the Mojo is balanced; hence I may have to re- cable/re-terminate the stock to balanced.
The Soloist is a powerful amp too though. Make sure you use low gain.
I'm going to be terminating it at the y split with audeze plugs, and getting different bottom cables for SE and balanced.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › I tried several headphones .. A bit discouraged, I am looking very... 56 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › Recommend me an AMP/DAC for the DT 880 (250 ohm) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...