- 7,673 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 362post #5416 of 79499/12/13 at 12:48pmEf-6 might have noise on th-900 cause high gain and sensitive headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5417 of 79499/12/13 at 1:54pmpost #5418 of 79499/12/13 at 7:36pmTried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?post #5419 of 79499/12/13 at 10:28pmQuote:Didn't you get such a cable with the HDP-R10?Originally Posted by archeryc
Tried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?
I got a short one with the the DX100.post #5420 of 79499/13/13 at 1:45amQuote:
No... I don't have such cable when I got the R10...
I'm going to get the Audience mini to RCA coaxial cable. It's $140 for 3 feet. Seems its review and price both good tho...post #5421 of 79499/13/13 at 5:03amQuote:
The EF-6 was made for the HE-6.. Maybe a bit overkill.. Let us know how you like the pairing...post #5422 of 79499/13/13 at 6:54am
Be carefull with Amps made for orthos that are "too powerfull" for TH900. I experience myself some HISSS out of the balanced output of my amp, because I am at 8 o'clock with the TH900... while, with LCD there are no HISSS at all.post #5423 of 79499/14/13 at 3:52amQuote:GG, I just bought the 900 from a fellow Head-fi'er. Saw your post of recabling and curious to know if you are reterminating to balanced or if you will leave it SE.
Edited by kothganesh - 9/14/13 at 3:53ampost #5424 of 79499/14/13 at 4:09amHello 900 owners,
I should be getting this beauty in the next two weeks. I currently have the Lyr, Soloist and Mjolnir amps. From those who have used/still use the 900 with any or all of these amps, I would love to hear which amp drives the 900 to euphonic heights. Two of these amps are SE while the Mojo is balanced; hence I may have to re- cable/re-terminate the stock to balanced.
Thankspost #5425 of 79499/14/13 at 8:44amI'm using TH-600 with Soloist and the combination is top notch. Really, really good. With regards to the Schiit amps, see the post above yours.
The Soloist is a powerful amp too though. Make sure you use low gain.post #5426 of 79499/14/13 at 8:55ampost #5427 of 79499/14/13 at 10:42amQuote:
I'm going to be terminating it at the y split with audeze plugs, and getting different bottom cables for SE and balanced.post #5428 of 79499/15/13 at 9:40ampost #5429 of 79499/15/13 at 9:46ampost #5430 of 79499/15/13 at 9:55am
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 2 minutes ago
- › Tea-Fi? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)