- 7,736 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tried the HPA-21 today. Which is amazing and I can say its the best amp I ever heard under 6k USD. It pair extremely well with both of the TH900 and LCD3. I will buy it and gonna get a mono 3,5 to RCA coaxial cable for my HDP-R10 and the HPA21 first, the question may not in the right thread but any suggestion on the cable? As I don't see any 3.5 to RCA coaxial cable on sale officially, should I need to custom make one?
I got a short one with the the DX100.
No... I don't have such cable when I got the R10...
I'm going to get the Audience mini to RCA coaxial cable. It's $140 for 3 feet. Seems its review and price both good tho...
The EF-6 was made for the HE-6.. Maybe a bit overkill.. Let us know how you like the pairing...
Be carefull with Amps made for orthos that are "too powerfull" for TH900. I experience myself some HISSS out of the balanced output of my amp, because I am at 8 o'clock with the TH900... while, with LCD there are no HISSS at all.
Edited by kothganesh - 9/14/13 at 3:53am
I should be getting this beauty in the next two weeks. I currently have the Lyr, Soloist and Mjolnir amps. From those who have used/still use the 900 with any or all of these amps, I would love to hear which amp drives the 900 to euphonic heights. Two of these amps are SE while the Mojo is balanced; hence I may have to re- cable/re-terminate the stock to balanced.
The Soloist is a powerful amp too though. Make sure you use low gain.
I'm going to be terminating it at the y split with audeze plugs, and getting different bottom cables for SE and balanced.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › New Audeze LCD3 26 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › New PC Music Server Build Project - All SSD - No Fans 41 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3