- 362 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Perth Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on Yesterday at 8:21 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 361post #5401 of 79429/11/13 at 11:31amAlso i just noticed that the HP-A8C has now supported wav file, which is AWESOME! I'm looking forward to get the A8C now to pair with my TH900.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 79429/11/13 at 12:07pm
I plan on having DHC hardware silver litz into the earcups and terminate them at the y split with Audeze mini XLRs. From there I can have different bottom cables for different needs.post #5403 of 79429/11/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I have the M8 and absolutely love it with the TH900, there's some pretty good synergy with this combination. I set it to 1 ohm and use the low gain setting, this seems to yield the best sound. I continue to be impressed with both products, and would even say they are the best I've heard in their respective classifications.post #5404 of 79429/11/13 at 4:26pmThanks for that cardude. Waiting for all the bugs to get squashed before pulling the trigger on the M8. That and scrounging up some dough (of course). Good to hear that the TH900 has good synergy with this. Makes the decision to purchase the M8 all the more justifiable.post #5405 of 79429/11/13 at 7:10pmpost #5406 of 79429/11/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
If you were here a week ago, you'd be in luck :).post #5407 of 79429/12/13 at 8:18amHelp help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...post #5408 of 79429/12/13 at 9:10ampost #5409 of 79429/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:
the EF-6 has a gain switch on the back....make sure you put it in the negative gain position or you won't have any play with the volume knob....post #5410 of 79429/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by archeryc
Help help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...
That Kojo amp is only 20mw at 32ohms. I would suggest something with atleast 300mw.post #5411 of 79429/12/13 at 10:14amQuote:
you have the combo yourself right? what do you think of it?
Edited by fonna - 9/12/13 at 11:55ampost #5412 of 79429/12/13 at 11:00ampost #5413 of 79429/12/13 at 11:15amCode:Quote:
Thanks for the advise! Later I will try the Luxman P1u and P200 in the hifi store from Perth.
I see u r selling the TH900? What make u wanna sell this excellent headphone?
Edited by archeryc - 9/12/13 at 11:17ampost #5414 of 79429/12/13 at 11:29amQuote:
I have just decided to pare down my collection, that's all.post #5415 of 79429/12/13 at 12:21pm
they sound very good together....the EF-6 is a gentle giant....very powerful but very resolving & musical too.... the EF-6 was designed for hard-to-drive planars and high impedence dynamics and works very well with them.....the TH900's are low impedence and thus my warning about the gain switch....even on the lower gain the volume knob will be at about 7 o'clock.....to fine tune the sound you might have to use the computer volume....
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New & sealed Sennheiser momentum on-ear Ivory 15 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 55 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Full length comparison w/... 1 minute ago
- › FS: PhilipsFidelio X1 with extra vmoda cable 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › DAC + AMP Combo For Newbies? 5 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)