- 375 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Perth Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 361post #5401 of 80589/11/13 at 11:31amAlso i just noticed that the HP-A8C has now supported wav file, which is AWESOME! I'm looking forward to get the A8C now to pair with my TH900.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 80589/11/13 at 12:07pm
I plan on having DHC hardware silver litz into the earcups and terminate them at the y split with Audeze mini XLRs. From there I can have different bottom cables for different needs.post #5403 of 80589/11/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I have the M8 and absolutely love it with the TH900, there's some pretty good synergy with this combination. I set it to 1 ohm and use the low gain setting, this seems to yield the best sound. I continue to be impressed with both products, and would even say they are the best I've heard in their respective classifications.post #5404 of 80589/11/13 at 4:26pmThanks for that cardude. Waiting for all the bugs to get squashed before pulling the trigger on the M8. That and scrounging up some dough (of course). Good to hear that the TH900 has good synergy with this. Makes the decision to purchase the M8 all the more justifiable.post #5405 of 80589/11/13 at 7:10pmpost #5406 of 80589/11/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
If you were here a week ago, you'd be in luck :).post #5407 of 80589/12/13 at 8:18amHelp help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...post #5408 of 80589/12/13 at 9:10ampost #5409 of 80589/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:
the EF-6 has a gain switch on the back....make sure you put it in the negative gain position or you won't have any play with the volume knob....post #5410 of 80589/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by archeryc
Help help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...
That Kojo amp is only 20mw at 32ohms. I would suggest something with atleast 300mw.post #5411 of 80589/12/13 at 10:14amQuote:
you have the combo yourself right? what do you think of it?
Edited by fonna - 9/12/13 at 11:55ampost #5412 of 80589/12/13 at 11:00ampost #5413 of 80589/12/13 at 11:15amCode:Quote:
Thanks for the advise! Later I will try the Luxman P1u and P200 in the hifi store from Perth.
I see u r selling the TH900? What make u wanna sell this excellent headphone?
Edited by archeryc - 9/12/13 at 11:17ampost #5414 of 80589/12/13 at 11:29amQuote:
I have just decided to pare down my collection, that's all.post #5415 of 80589/12/13 at 12:21pm
they sound very good together....the EF-6 is a gentle giant....very powerful but very resolving & musical too.... the EF-6 was designed for hard-to-drive planars and high impedence dynamics and works very well with them.....the TH900's are low impedence and thus my warning about the gain switch....even on the lower gain the volume knob will be at about 7 o'clock.....to fine tune the sound you might have to use the computer volume....
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 21 seconds ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 45 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Entry Level / Mid Fi iems with removable cables 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › FS Fitear Parterre Like New 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)