- 172 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 compliment the HE500s Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a DAC/AMP to run w/ Fostex TH-900/ATH W3000ANV and AUDIOENGINE A5+($2000) Last post on 2/13/14 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 361post #5401 of 65209/11/13 at 11:31amAlso i just noticed that the HP-A8C has now supported wav file, which is AWESOME! I'm looking forward to get the A8C now to pair with my TH900.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 65209/11/13 at 12:07pm
I plan on having DHC hardware silver litz into the earcups and terminate them at the y split with Audeze mini XLRs. From there I can have different bottom cables for different needs.post #5403 of 65209/11/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I have the M8 and absolutely love it with the TH900, there's some pretty good synergy with this combination. I set it to 1 ohm and use the low gain setting, this seems to yield the best sound. I continue to be impressed with both products, and would even say they are the best I've heard in their respective classifications.post #5404 of 65209/11/13 at 4:26pmThanks for that cardude. Waiting for all the bugs to get squashed before pulling the trigger on the M8. That and scrounging up some dough (of course). Good to hear that the TH900 has good synergy with this. Makes the decision to purchase the M8 all the more justifiable.post #5405 of 65209/11/13 at 7:10pmpost #5406 of 65209/11/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
If you were here a week ago, you'd be in luck :).post #5407 of 65209/12/13 at 8:18amHelp help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...post #5408 of 65209/12/13 at 9:10ampost #5409 of 65209/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:
the EF-6 has a gain switch on the back....make sure you put it in the negative gain position or you won't have any play with the volume knob....post #5410 of 65209/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by archeryc
Help help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...
That Kojo amp is only 20mw at 32ohms. I would suggest something with atleast 300mw.post #5411 of 65209/12/13 at 10:14amQuote:
you have the combo yourself right? what do you think of it?
Edited by fonna - 9/12/13 at 11:55ampost #5412 of 65209/12/13 at 11:00ampost #5413 of 65209/12/13 at 11:15amCode:Quote:
Thanks for the advise! Later I will try the Luxman P1u and P200 in the hifi store from Perth.
I see u r selling the TH900? What make u wanna sell this excellent headphone?
Edited by archeryc - 9/12/13 at 11:17ampost #5414 of 65209/12/13 at 11:29amQuote:
I have just decided to pare down my collection, that's all.post #5415 of 65209/12/13 at 12:21pm
they sound very good together....the EF-6 is a gentle giant....very powerful but very resolving & musical too.... the EF-6 was designed for hard-to-drive planars and high impedence dynamics and works very well with them.....the TH900's are low impedence and thus my warning about the gain switch....even on the lower gain the volume knob will be at about 7 o'clock.....to fine tune the sound you might have to use the computer volume....
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Lets Talk Metal 26 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Gd NFB-6 balanced pre-amp/headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones for listening to Rap/hip-hop 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A846 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude