- 170 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-900 and HP-A8C Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:06am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Review: Fostex TH900 Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Fostex... your opinion? Last post on 11/24/13 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 361post #5401 of 58829/11/13 at 11:31amAlso i just noticed that the HP-A8C has now supported wav file, which is AWESOME! I'm looking forward to get the A8C now to pair with my TH900.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 58829/11/13 at 12:07pm
I plan on having DHC hardware silver litz into the earcups and terminate them at the y split with Audeze mini XLRs. From there I can have different bottom cables for different needs.post #5403 of 58829/11/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I have the M8 and absolutely love it with the TH900, there's some pretty good synergy with this combination. I set it to 1 ohm and use the low gain setting, this seems to yield the best sound. I continue to be impressed with both products, and would even say they are the best I've heard in their respective classifications.post #5404 of 58829/11/13 at 4:26pmThanks for that cardude. Waiting for all the bugs to get squashed before pulling the trigger on the M8. That and scrounging up some dough (of course). Good to hear that the TH900 has good synergy with this. Makes the decision to purchase the M8 all the more justifiable.post #5405 of 58829/11/13 at 7:10pmpost #5406 of 58829/11/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
If you were here a week ago, you'd be in luck :).post #5407 of 58829/12/13 at 8:18amHelp help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...post #5408 of 58829/12/13 at 9:10ampost #5409 of 58829/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:
the EF-6 has a gain switch on the back....make sure you put it in the negative gain position or you won't have any play with the volume knob....post #5410 of 58829/12/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by archeryc
Help help! (´･_･`) Now my problem is, I have already own the HDP-R10, I want a decent portable amp for my TH900 and my LCD3, should I purchase KOJO-KM01 for my need and pair with the R10? The HP-A8C would be my last option if I can't find any suitable amp...
Really hard to choose, as I don't have a chance to try all these amp myself...
That Kojo amp is only 20mw at 32ohms. I would suggest something with atleast 300mw.post #5411 of 58829/12/13 at 10:14amQuote:
you have the combo yourself right? what do you think of it?
Edited by fonna - 9/12/13 at 11:55ampost #5412 of 58829/12/13 at 11:00ampost #5413 of 58829/12/13 at 11:15amCode:Quote:
Thanks for the advise! Later I will try the Luxman P1u and P200 in the hifi store from Perth.
I see u r selling the TH900? What make u wanna sell this excellent headphone?
Edited by archeryc - 9/12/13 at 11:17ampost #5414 of 58829/12/13 at 11:29amQuote:
I have just decided to pare down my collection, that's all.post #5415 of 58829/12/13 at 12:21pm
they sound very good together....the EF-6 is a gentle giant....very powerful but very resolving & musical too.... the EF-6 was designed for hard-to-drive planars and high impedence dynamics and works very well with them.....the TH900's are low impedence and thus my warning about the gain switch....even on the lower gain the volume knob will be at about 7 o'clock.....to fine tune the sound you might have to use the computer volume....
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 50 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 54 seconds ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 mod removes the dark sound 7 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi