How many people have had hardware issues? I'm tempted to bring my TH900s home for my bedside rig but I'm concerned that we have a toddler (3 year old) who is very curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 12:16 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 9/23/16 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be honest, I think that was with the initial run and has been longed fixed. I've had mine since January-ish with zero issues. That said, I would never let my 5 year old around any of my headphones.
This is also a concern I've been pondering over as well, my setup isn't child friendly at all, mainly because we don't have children, however my Sister-in-law and family are returning from England to Australia next month with 2 kids under 5, and will be staying here till they find a home of there own
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward having them stay, I'm just having this vision of cordial drink spilling into the grilles of my amp or HP ear-cups
I think I just may end up packing it up for a few weeks. I'm looking at it this way, it will be like breaking up with your girlfriend for a few weeks and getting back together again
Edited by Gandah - 8/27/13 at 8:09pm
thanx bros. I'll pm y'all.
If we ever meet, or see me (and my scrawny neck) you'd probably go "oh, I get it now..." hehehe.
If you read the thread from start to finish I do not even think there is any proof to say it was a bad batch. Fostex have never stated to that effect and if they did then I must have missed reading it. I just think they are *baby and never take them out of the house* kind of headphones. Or if you must then invest in Peli 1400 case like Anak did
For anyone who thinks UK distributor price is too high then hifiheadphones outlet have a refurb TH900 on Amazon UK for £1169 but only three-months warranty. Wonder if it is the same pair I demoed ha
I bought my TH900s as a 'B' grade pair from hifiheadphones directly. They were priced at I think it was 1350, which is a good saving on the retail of 1500. I negotiated them down to 1250 with free delivery.
I have seen other 'B' grade ones on the hifiheadphones site at the same time as their refurb is on amazon. I wonder if the refurb is somehow lower grade than the 'B' grade. Or perhaps it's because they have to reduce it that low on amazon to compete with the other amazon sellers who seem to be about the 1200-1300 mark. Hmmm...
My 'B' grade was absolutely mint condition. They told me my headphones were classed as 'B' because the box was opened for hifiheadphones staff to look at the headphones like for an article or something they were doing, then they were boxed up immediately again.
listening to TH-900 today again, these are even better than i thought for mainstream music that i thought. they're really forgiving to the poor recordings, and the drivers never seem to congest, a problem of compressed music, tends to sound congested on alot of headphones.
The detail retreavel is remarkable as the enjoyment factor hasn't dropped - sometimes ultra detail equals not very euphoric. I think the Bakoon is a nice compromised between fine detail and enjoyment.
The Japanse version of this h/p amp has a power cord and not batteries, the Korean version uses batteries. My Grace M903 might be relegated to DAC only duties at this rate.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Vape-Fi 12 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 29 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Something new from Earsonics is comming....september 27th... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...