How many people have had hardware issues? I'm tempted to bring my TH900s home for my bedside rig but I'm concerned that we have a toddler (3 year old) who is very curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 7/24/16 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be honest, I think that was with the initial run and has been longed fixed. I've had mine since January-ish with zero issues. That said, I would never let my 5 year old around any of my headphones.
This is also a concern I've been pondering over as well, my setup isn't child friendly at all, mainly because we don't have children, however my Sister-in-law and family are returning from England to Australia next month with 2 kids under 5, and will be staying here till they find a home of there own
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward having them stay, I'm just having this vision of cordial drink spilling into the grilles of my amp or HP ear-cups
I think I just may end up packing it up for a few weeks. I'm looking at it this way, it will be like breaking up with your girlfriend for a few weeks and getting back together again
Edited by Gandah - 8/27/13 at 8:09pm
If we ever meet, or see me (and my scrawny neck) you'd probably go "oh, I get it now..." hehehe.
If you read the thread from start to finish I do not even think there is any proof to say it was a bad batch. Fostex have never stated to that effect and if they did then I must have missed reading it. I just think they are *baby and never take them out of the house* kind of headphones. Or if you must then invest in Peli 1400 case like Anak did
For anyone who thinks UK distributor price is too high then hifiheadphones outlet have a refurb TH900 on Amazon UK for £1169 but only three-months warranty. Wonder if it is the same pair I demoed ha
I bought my TH900s as a 'B' grade pair from hifiheadphones directly. They were priced at I think it was 1350, which is a good saving on the retail of 1500. I negotiated them down to 1250 with free delivery.
I have seen other 'B' grade ones on the hifiheadphones site at the same time as their refurb is on amazon. I wonder if the refurb is somehow lower grade than the 'B' grade. Or perhaps it's because they have to reduce it that low on amazon to compete with the other amazon sellers who seem to be about the 1200-1300 mark. Hmmm...
My 'B' grade was absolutely mint condition. They told me my headphones were classed as 'B' because the box was opened for hifiheadphones staff to look at the headphones like for an article or something they were doing, then they were boxed up immediately again.
listening to TH-900 today again, these are even better than i thought for mainstream music that i thought. they're really forgiving to the poor recordings, and the drivers never seem to congest, a problem of compressed music, tends to sound congested on alot of headphones.
The detail retreavel is remarkable as the enjoyment factor hasn't dropped - sometimes ultra detail equals not very euphoric. I think the Bakoon is a nice compromised between fine detail and enjoyment.
The Japanse version of this h/p amp has a power cord and not batteries, the Korean version uses batteries. My Grace M903 might be relegated to DAC only duties at this rate.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › What's the Weirdest Place Where You've Checked Headfi 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 4 minutes ago
- › Best gaming mice 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...