How many people have had hardware issues? I'm tempted to bring my TH900s home for my bedside rig but I'm concerned that we have a toddler (3 year old) who is very curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 1:06 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be honest, I think that was with the initial run and has been longed fixed. I've had mine since January-ish with zero issues. That said, I would never let my 5 year old around any of my headphones.
This is also a concern I've been pondering over as well, my setup isn't child friendly at all, mainly because we don't have children, however my Sister-in-law and family are returning from England to Australia next month with 2 kids under 5, and will be staying here till they find a home of there own
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward having them stay, I'm just having this vision of cordial drink spilling into the grilles of my amp or HP ear-cups
I think I just may end up packing it up for a few weeks. I'm looking at it this way, it will be like breaking up with your girlfriend for a few weeks and getting back together again
Edited by Gandah - 8/27/13 at 8:09pm
thanx bros. I'll pm y'all.
If we ever meet, or see me (and my scrawny neck) you'd probably go "oh, I get it now..." hehehe.
If you read the thread from start to finish I do not even think there is any proof to say it was a bad batch. Fostex have never stated to that effect and if they did then I must have missed reading it. I just think they are *baby and never take them out of the house* kind of headphones. Or if you must then invest in Peli 1400 case like Anak did
For anyone who thinks UK distributor price is too high then hifiheadphones outlet have a refurb TH900 on Amazon UK for £1169 but only three-months warranty. Wonder if it is the same pair I demoed ha
I bought my TH900s as a 'B' grade pair from hifiheadphones directly. They were priced at I think it was 1350, which is a good saving on the retail of 1500. I negotiated them down to 1250 with free delivery.
I have seen other 'B' grade ones on the hifiheadphones site at the same time as their refurb is on amazon. I wonder if the refurb is somehow lower grade than the 'B' grade. Or perhaps it's because they have to reduce it that low on amazon to compete with the other amazon sellers who seem to be about the 1200-1300 mark. Hmmm...
My 'B' grade was absolutely mint condition. They told me my headphones were classed as 'B' because the box was opened for hifiheadphones staff to look at the headphones like for an article or something they were doing, then they were boxed up immediately again.
listening to TH-900 today again, these are even better than i thought for mainstream music that i thought. they're really forgiving to the poor recordings, and the drivers never seem to congest, a problem of compressed music, tends to sound congested on alot of headphones.
The detail retreavel is remarkable as the enjoyment factor hasn't dropped - sometimes ultra detail equals not very euphoric. I think the Bakoon is a nice compromised between fine detail and enjoyment.
The Japanse version of this h/p amp has a power cord and not batteries, the Korean version uses batteries. My Grace M903 might be relegated to DAC only duties at this rate.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Dither is a prime suspect 48 seconds ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 1 minute ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is... 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 8 minutes ago
- › Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album... 8 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3