How many people have had hardware issues? I'm tempted to bring my TH900s home for my bedside rig but I'm concerned that we have a toddler (3 year old) who is very curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 3:18 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be honest, I think that was with the initial run and has been longed fixed. I've had mine since January-ish with zero issues. That said, I would never let my 5 year old around any of my headphones.
This is also a concern I've been pondering over as well, my setup isn't child friendly at all, mainly because we don't have children, however my Sister-in-law and family are returning from England to Australia next month with 2 kids under 5, and will be staying here till they find a home of there own
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward having them stay, I'm just having this vision of cordial drink spilling into the grilles of my amp or HP ear-cups
I think I just may end up packing it up for a few weeks. I'm looking at it this way, it will be like breaking up with your girlfriend for a few weeks and getting back together again
Edited by Gandah - 8/27/13 at 8:09pm
thanx bros. I'll pm y'all.
If we ever meet, or see me (and my scrawny neck) you'd probably go "oh, I get it now..." hehehe.
If you read the thread from start to finish I do not even think there is any proof to say it was a bad batch. Fostex have never stated to that effect and if they did then I must have missed reading it. I just think they are *baby and never take them out of the house* kind of headphones. Or if you must then invest in Peli 1400 case like Anak did
For anyone who thinks UK distributor price is too high then hifiheadphones outlet have a refurb TH900 on Amazon UK for £1169 but only three-months warranty. Wonder if it is the same pair I demoed ha
I bought my TH900s as a 'B' grade pair from hifiheadphones directly. They were priced at I think it was 1350, which is a good saving on the retail of 1500. I negotiated them down to 1250 with free delivery.
I have seen other 'B' grade ones on the hifiheadphones site at the same time as their refurb is on amazon. I wonder if the refurb is somehow lower grade than the 'B' grade. Or perhaps it's because they have to reduce it that low on amazon to compete with the other amazon sellers who seem to be about the 1200-1300 mark. Hmmm...
My 'B' grade was absolutely mint condition. They told me my headphones were classed as 'B' because the box was opened for hifiheadphones staff to look at the headphones like for an article or something they were doing, then they were boxed up immediately again.
listening to TH-900 today again, these are even better than i thought for mainstream music that i thought. they're really forgiving to the poor recordings, and the drivers never seem to congest, a problem of compressed music, tends to sound congested on alot of headphones.
The detail retreavel is remarkable as the enjoyment factor hasn't dropped - sometimes ultra detail equals not very euphoric. I think the Bakoon is a nice compromised between fine detail and enjoyment.
The Japanse version of this h/p amp has a power cord and not batteries, the Korean version uses batteries. My Grace M903 might be relegated to DAC only duties at this rate.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 45 seconds ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 1 minute ago
- › DRAUG 2 for LCD-2/3/4/X/XC 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TH-900 Fostex EZ-Simple Mods and other Fostex Dynamic Variants... 3 minutes ago
- › New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse