How many people have had hardware issues? I'm tempted to bring my TH900s home for my bedside rig but I'm concerned that we have a toddler (3 year old) who is very curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 1/20/17 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be honest, I think that was with the initial run and has been longed fixed. I've had mine since January-ish with zero issues. That said, I would never let my 5 year old around any of my headphones.
This is also a concern I've been pondering over as well, my setup isn't child friendly at all, mainly because we don't have children, however my Sister-in-law and family are returning from England to Australia next month with 2 kids under 5, and will be staying here till they find a home of there own
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward having them stay, I'm just having this vision of cordial drink spilling into the grilles of my amp or HP ear-cups
I think I just may end up packing it up for a few weeks. I'm looking at it this way, it will be like breaking up with your girlfriend for a few weeks and getting back together again
Edited by Gandah - 8/27/13 at 8:09pm
thanx bros. I'll pm y'all.
If we ever meet, or see me (and my scrawny neck) you'd probably go "oh, I get it now..." hehehe.
If you read the thread from start to finish I do not even think there is any proof to say it was a bad batch. Fostex have never stated to that effect and if they did then I must have missed reading it. I just think they are *baby and never take them out of the house* kind of headphones. Or if you must then invest in Peli 1400 case like Anak did
For anyone who thinks UK distributor price is too high then hifiheadphones outlet have a refurb TH900 on Amazon UK for £1169 but only three-months warranty. Wonder if it is the same pair I demoed ha
I bought my TH900s as a 'B' grade pair from hifiheadphones directly. They were priced at I think it was 1350, which is a good saving on the retail of 1500. I negotiated them down to 1250 with free delivery.
I have seen other 'B' grade ones on the hifiheadphones site at the same time as their refurb is on amazon. I wonder if the refurb is somehow lower grade than the 'B' grade. Or perhaps it's because they have to reduce it that low on amazon to compete with the other amazon sellers who seem to be about the 1200-1300 mark. Hmmm...
My 'B' grade was absolutely mint condition. They told me my headphones were classed as 'B' because the box was opened for hifiheadphones staff to look at the headphones like for an article or something they were doing, then they were boxed up immediately again.
listening to TH-900 today again, these are even better than i thought for mainstream music that i thought. they're really forgiving to the poor recordings, and the drivers never seem to congest, a problem of compressed music, tends to sound congested on alot of headphones.
The detail retreavel is remarkable as the enjoyment factor hasn't dropped - sometimes ultra detail equals not very euphoric. I think the Bakoon is a nice compromised between fine detail and enjoyment.
The Japanse version of this h/p amp has a power cord and not batteries, the Korean version uses batteries. My Grace M903 might be relegated to DAC only duties at this rate.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear