Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 318
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You know. I forgot how they sound with the stock cable. I would say not much difference if any at all. I can just use it with my balanced amps..
That's why I get them re cabled anyway..
They have less slam than the 5LEs so, something is not optimal here.
I quite enjoy the lively DP1 with them, though.
I quickly tried the 5LEs (when I took their alpha pads to put them on the 6s): the difference in refinement is stunning! The 6s are sooo smooth by comparison, as if they had no distortion. The 500s were more like the 6s in that as well.
But that's for another thread, back to the 900s now ;-)
I suggest looking at the Stratus, EC 2A3 or perhaps a ECP amp before the WA22. The Zana I can't comment on.
i wanted a stratus, but im too impatient to simply pay $2600 and then have to wait months for one.
i bought the DLIII when i bought HD 650s. i had an entry level pro-ject headphone amp/dac before that. the amp was actually pretty good for hd 650s, but the dac was really bad.
You only have to make a downpayment and then wait two months. Come on DG and join the club!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 13 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a DAC/AMP as an alternative to my MBA headphone out for... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 Lawton (markl modded) / LA 5000 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2