Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 316

post #4726 of 7949

You mentioned Steely Dan; can you comment on how they do with Rock? There's already been so much comment on how well-suited they are for Electronic. 

post #4727 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

yes!! beerchug.gif

 

 

impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as well

Interesting to see how you like them compared to the T1s..

post #4728 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Interesting to see how you like them compared to the T1s..

 

i think equal as of now. the TH-900 finally are resolving enough (compared to D7000) to be on the same level as T1

 

but they aren't better (in terms of soundstage, detail, etc), just funner cause they're bass monsters biggrin.gif

 

i'm really liking their bass right now, its like d7k's but much more controlled and authoritative

post #4729 of 7949

Yeah - for me they easily win over the LCD-2.2 and the HE-500s.  It's the other big 4 that's hard to beat for a closed headphone for some of the same reasons you said.

post #4730 of 7949

im looking at buying LCD-3 now. i think im just gonna spend the money now and get them, get all my endgame headphones for a while

 

im keeping HE-500 i think (they have potential and i still kinda like they're unique treble presentation)  LCD-2 will get sold of course.

 

 

another surprise, they actually sound incredible out of my WA2. i think theres some magic here with OTL amps and these headphones...... 


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/19/13 at 4:41pm
post #4731 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter97 View Post

You mentioned Steely Dan; can you comment on how they do with Rock? There's already been so much comment on how well-suited they are for Electronic. 

Yeah, I've listened to Rush, Zappa, Queen, the Stones, Skunk Anansie, Wilco, and King Crimson so far this evening. Honestly, these sound pretty damn good on all of the genre's I've listened to so far. Haven't tried any Jazz or Classical yet. Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage sounds absolutely fabulous. These are a lot more resolving than I expected. For the first 10 minutes I wasn't sure because they are so dramatically different than my LCD-3's and HD-800's, but after getting used to them, they are really sort of Juicy if that makes any sense. They really seem to pair up fantastically with the Stratus. I think these things probably love tube amps. Later I'll try them out of the headphone jack on the Invicta and compare.

post #4732 of 7949
Love the TH900 and HD800 for their differences. I find the LCD3 somewhere in between in sound. All 3 can be my favorite depending on the day and music mood but the TH900 is definitely fun!
post #4733 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

i think equal as of now. the TH-900 finally are resolving enough (compared to D7000) to be on the same level as T1

 

but they aren't better (in terms of soundstage, detail, etc), just funner cause they're bass monsters biggrin.gif

 

i'm really liking their bass right now, its like d7k's but much more controlled and authoritative


Have you heard D7K's with the Lawton damping and angle pads to compare?  Or a stock D7K?

post #4734 of 7949

i had the lawton ones with angle pads, these are still much better. they're faster, more detailed, slightly more transparency, bass is much cleaner, and imaging is better

 

d7ks are still really good though, they had smoother warmer and less recessed mids. some people might want d7k for that.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/19/13 at 5:51pm
post #4735 of 7949

Just recently added the TH900 to my selection. Always looked at them but never pulled the trigger.

 

After spending some time with them, I must say that I am enjoying them very much! They have given

me a new headphone to use for my rock and blues! For my jazz the HD800 will never be replaced.

 

I have sold my LCD-3's, as their sound is in between the TH900 and HD800 for me. I actually had

them before the HD800's, and used them for what I am using the TH900 for now. But I like the

TH900 more than the LCD-3's. I never thought I would ever say that! But after careful comparisons

including other variables like weight and long session comfort, for me the TH900 is the better

solution.

 

I run everything through my Royal equipped WA5LE, and couldn't be happier! I've been at this

for years now, and I finally have reached a point where my listening sessions transport me

to another place, or dimension, where I can escape the world for a while! When I take off my

phones it's like coming out of a trance or something.

 

Just crazy goodness!

post #4736 of 7949

buying LCD-3 this week. just to have my endgames. 

 

i find LCD-2 to be pretty different from TH-900 and HD 800, so LCD-3 will be a nice upgrade. 

 

keeping T1 and HE-500

post #4737 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

buying LCD-3 this week. just to have my endgames. 

 

i find LCD-2 to be pretty different from TH-900 and HD 800, so LCD-3 will be a nice upgrade. 

 

keeping T1 and HE-500

DAC is next?  Or Amp?

post #4738 of 7949

i think DAC first. (will be either nad, mytek, or w4s with dsd)

 

amp will probably end up being WA22 (and a zana deux next year or something).

 

i can't have all these flagships with only a DLIII lol

post #4739 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i think DAC first. (will be either nad, mytek, or w4s with dsd)

 

amp will probably end up being WA22 (and a zana deux next year or something).

 

i can't have all these flagships with only a DLIII lol

 

That's what I was thinking...L3000.gif

post #4740 of 7949
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

That's what I was thinking...L3000.gif

 

lol

 

im pretty much done with headphones. only other headphones i'd be interested would be PS1000 and HE-6. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread