- 7,704 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on Today at 5:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad Last post on Today at 8:13 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 315post #4711 of 82267/19/13 at 11:37amth 900 arrived, will be listening in a few hours when i get home!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4712 of 82267/19/13 at 11:47ampost #4713 of 82267/19/13 at 1:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by gzone3lement
I called in HeadRoom, and they mentioned that TH900 is temporarily sold out. However, the headphones will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks. They commented that the price drop is not a temporary drop. Fostex just decided to drop the price. I hope that it is really true. Just in case, I requested a customer hold and provided contact information to them.
With the Yen depressed (thanks to the monetary policy of BOJ), Fostex is probably not losing any money. In fact they've been overcharging their U.S. consumers for a few months now. The Yen will stay where it is for some time (probably years). I think the Yen devaluation strategy is working as we're buying more Japanese headphones now. Not that we weren't to begin with.post #4714 of 82267/19/13 at 1:47pmpost #4715 of 82267/19/13 at 2:03pm
Europe is a black hole. It's lost. I'm waiting for insane financial chaos and zombies taking over the entire continent.post #4716 of 82267/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #4717 of 82267/19/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Just remember, they need a while to burn in. Mine sounded sorta harsh at first but as time goes on, they are getting more and more yummy.post #4718 of 82267/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #4719 of 82267/19/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as wellpost #4720 of 82267/19/13 at 3:06pmpost #4721 of 82267/19/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome! I'm kicking it right now listening to mine. Really digging them so far!post #4722 of 82267/19/13 at 3:12pmpost #4723 of 82267/19/13 at 3:13pmpost #4724 of 82267/19/13 at 3:25pmpost #4725 of 82267/19/13 at 3:33pm
Wow do I agree with that! The more I listen, the more I think these might become my favorite headphones. Listening to New Order at the moment and hearing a very faint vocoder along with the vocals in Bizarre Love Triangle that I have definitely not heard before. Earlier I was listening to some Steely Dan and could very clearly hear the reverb in the voice. Not a natural reverb as it sounded like a Lexicon PCM 91 plate reverb. And Massive Attack is truly massively attacking my ears!
Love, love love these things!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 9 minutes ago
- › Vinnie Rossi LIO - Ultracapacitor-Powered, Modular Hi-Fi System is... 9 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 10 minutes ago
- › aiaiai capital discussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3