- 7,757 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 2/26/17 at 12:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 2/9/17 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 315
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I called in HeadRoom, and they mentioned that TH900 is temporarily sold out. However, the headphones will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks. They commented that the price drop is not a temporary drop. Fostex just decided to drop the price. I hope that it is really true. Just in case, I requested a customer hold and provided contact information to them.
With the Yen depressed (thanks to the monetary policy of BOJ), Fostex is probably not losing any money. In fact they've been overcharging their U.S. consumers for a few months now. The Yen will stay where it is for some time (probably years). I think the Yen devaluation strategy is working as we're buying more Japanese headphones now. Not that we weren't to begin with.
Europe is a black hole. It's lost. I'm waiting for insane financial chaos and zombies taking over the entire continent.
Just remember, they need a while to burn in. Mine sounded sorta harsh at first but as time goes on, they are getting more and more yummy.
impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as well
Awesome! I'm kicking it right now listening to mine. Really digging them so far!
Wow do I agree with that! The more I listen, the more I think these might become my favorite headphones. Listening to New Order at the moment and hearing a very faint vocoder along with the vocals in Bizarre Love Triangle that I have definitely not heard before. Earlier I was listening to some Steely Dan and could very clearly hear the reverb in the voice. Not a natural reverb as it sounded like a Lexicon PCM 91 plate reverb. And Massive Attack is truly massively attacking my ears!
Love, love love these things!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › SoCal TOTL Electrostatic Festival at The Source AV, Sat Feb 25 11-6 17 seconds ago
- › < $300 IEM's Help! 34 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › HELP WITH BUYING DarkVoice 336SE Headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear