- 7,757 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 9/23/16 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 315
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I called in HeadRoom, and they mentioned that TH900 is temporarily sold out. However, the headphones will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks. They commented that the price drop is not a temporary drop. Fostex just decided to drop the price. I hope that it is really true. Just in case, I requested a customer hold and provided contact information to them.
With the Yen depressed (thanks to the monetary policy of BOJ), Fostex is probably not losing any money. In fact they've been overcharging their U.S. consumers for a few months now. The Yen will stay where it is for some time (probably years). I think the Yen devaluation strategy is working as we're buying more Japanese headphones now. Not that we weren't to begin with.
Europe is a black hole. It's lost. I'm waiting for insane financial chaos and zombies taking over the entire continent.
Just remember, they need a while to burn in. Mine sounded sorta harsh at first but as time goes on, they are getting more and more yummy.
impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as well
Awesome! I'm kicking it right now listening to mine. Really digging them so far!
Wow do I agree with that! The more I listen, the more I think these might become my favorite headphones. Listening to New Order at the moment and hearing a very faint vocoder along with the vocals in Bizarre Love Triangle that I have definitely not heard before. Earlier I was listening to some Steely Dan and could very clearly hear the reverb in the voice. Not a natural reverb as it sounded like a Lexicon PCM 91 plate reverb. And Massive Attack is truly massively attacking my ears!
Love, love love these things!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › SanDisk 256GB microSD card ($149) is on its way. 7 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 7 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...