- 7,756 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 8/13/16 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 315
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I called in HeadRoom, and they mentioned that TH900 is temporarily sold out. However, the headphones will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks. They commented that the price drop is not a temporary drop. Fostex just decided to drop the price. I hope that it is really true. Just in case, I requested a customer hold and provided contact information to them.
With the Yen depressed (thanks to the monetary policy of BOJ), Fostex is probably not losing any money. In fact they've been overcharging their U.S. consumers for a few months now. The Yen will stay where it is for some time (probably years). I think the Yen devaluation strategy is working as we're buying more Japanese headphones now. Not that we weren't to begin with.
Europe is a black hole. It's lost. I'm waiting for insane financial chaos and zombies taking over the entire continent.
Just remember, they need a while to burn in. Mine sounded sorta harsh at first but as time goes on, they are getting more and more yummy.
impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as well
Awesome! I'm kicking it right now listening to mine. Really digging them so far!
Wow do I agree with that! The more I listen, the more I think these might become my favorite headphones. Listening to New Order at the moment and hearing a very faint vocoder along with the vocals in Bizarre Love Triangle that I have definitely not heard before. Earlier I was listening to some Steely Dan and could very clearly hear the reverb in the voice. Not a natural reverb as it sounded like a Lexicon PCM 91 plate reverb. And Massive Attack is truly massively attacking my ears!
Love, love love these things!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 2 minutes ago
- › Wanted SHOZY CYGNUS + have BALDOOR E100 to get rid of 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...