- 7,687 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:59 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 315post #4711 of 80427/19/13 at 11:37amth 900 arrived, will be listening in a few hours when i get home!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4712 of 80427/19/13 at 11:47ampost #4713 of 80427/19/13 at 1:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by gzone3lement
I called in HeadRoom, and they mentioned that TH900 is temporarily sold out. However, the headphones will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks. They commented that the price drop is not a temporary drop. Fostex just decided to drop the price. I hope that it is really true. Just in case, I requested a customer hold and provided contact information to them.
With the Yen depressed (thanks to the monetary policy of BOJ), Fostex is probably not losing any money. In fact they've been overcharging their U.S. consumers for a few months now. The Yen will stay where it is for some time (probably years). I think the Yen devaluation strategy is working as we're buying more Japanese headphones now. Not that we weren't to begin with.post #4714 of 80427/19/13 at 1:47pmpost #4715 of 80427/19/13 at 2:03pm
Europe is a black hole. It's lost. I'm waiting for insane financial chaos and zombies taking over the entire continent.post #4716 of 80427/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #4717 of 80427/19/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Just remember, they need a while to burn in. Mine sounded sorta harsh at first but as time goes on, they are getting more and more yummy.post #4718 of 80427/19/13 at 3:02pmpost #4719 of 80427/19/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
impressions/mini review to come later tonight or tomorrow as wellpost #4720 of 80427/19/13 at 3:06pmpost #4721 of 80427/19/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome! I'm kicking it right now listening to mine. Really digging them so far!post #4722 of 80427/19/13 at 3:12pmpost #4723 of 80427/19/13 at 3:13pmpost #4724 of 80427/19/13 at 3:25pmpost #4725 of 80427/19/13 at 3:33pm
Wow do I agree with that! The more I listen, the more I think these might become my favorite headphones. Listening to New Order at the moment and hearing a very faint vocoder along with the vocals in Bizarre Love Triangle that I have definitely not heard before. Earlier I was listening to some Steely Dan and could very clearly hear the reverb in the voice. Not a natural reverb as it sounded like a Lexicon PCM 91 plate reverb. And Massive Attack is truly massively attacking my ears!
Love, love love these things!
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 11 seconds ago
- › Let's try this again....need my first nice pair of headphones 37 seconds ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 46 seconds ago
- › FS Only: Refurb'd ATH-M50 2 minutes ago
- › **Potential Meet for Atlanta Area** 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › FS - HiFiMan HE-400 modded w/open grill and Focus pads 5 minutes ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 6 minutes ago
- › This auction should be interesting.... 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)