Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 312

post #4666 of 7947
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukix View Post

What do you guys think of TH-900 with DACmini ? 

Havent try with Dacmini, but sound fantatsic out of Dacport 1 ohm.

post #4667 of 7947
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

 

I just enjoy the plug without its cheap looking transportation protection more... if it does scratch -- so what? I prefer to call that personalisation ;-)

Why should I not enjoy the full product I bought for my personal use? What should I preserve that for? Resale-value? Taking good care is enough IMO.

Can't agree more. I would even go as far as not using a bumper case for my iphone simply because designer has probaly spent countless hours in how it looks. Buying a bumper case is downgrading the looks, if I drop it, thats life. I live on the edge!!

post #4668 of 7947

expensive but easy to measure~

post #4669 of 7947

re:  the cable jacket twisting between the Y-connector and the ear cup.

 

this is typical for the cloth jacket type cabling.  the D7000 and other denons suffered with this problem.  as do the audio technicas (possibly worse).

some people may have never experienced this, others have. 

it has to do with usage patterns and the handling of the headphones on the way to and from your head...

 

the reason (and potential fix) is this:  somehow the entire headphone cable has accidentally been "passed through" the opening created above the y-connector.

this is easier to do than you think.  if you coil up the headphone and set it down somewhere, the next time you pick it up, the coiled up cable may be "on the other side" of the y-connector from where it started...

 

so, just experiment with coiling up the headphone cable (below the y-connector), then passing this coiled-up cable through, and seeing if the kinked pieces leading up the ear cup straighten out.

if it gets worse, pass it through in the opposite direction...

 

hope that helps.  (it works for me...)

 

wink.gif

post #4670 of 7947

Exactly. I actually wanted to post something along that line but was too lazy to try to explain the complicated issue ;-)

Furthermore its one of the reasons I prefer single-entry cable designs...

post #4671 of 7947

I've experienced the cable twist as well, but it was quite easy to untangle and work around just by learning how to properly coil the cable. I find that many fabric coated cables do the same thing, it is just a matter of learning how to work them so that doesn't happen. I agree it is annoying and unpleasant to look at. Personally, the cable is one of the poorest attributes of the TH-900, IMO. If I didn't think it would wreck resale value, I would seriously consider a re-cable job. 

post #4672 of 7947
Exactly what it was. Now nice and straight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss View Post

re:  the cable jacket twisting between the Y-connector and the ear cup.

this is typical for the cloth jacket type cabling.  the D7000 and other denons suffered with this problem.  as do the audio technicas (possibly worse).
some people may have never experienced this, others have. 
it has to do with usage patterns and the handling of the headphones on the way to and from your head...

the reason (and potential fix) is this:  somehow the entire headphone cable has accidentally been "passed through" the opening created above the y-connector.
this is easier to do than you think.  if you coil up the headphone and set it down somewhere, the next time you pick it up, the coiled up cable may be "on the other side" of the y-connector from where it started...

so, just experiment with coiling up the headphone cable (below the y-connector), then passing this coiled-up cable through, and seeing if the kinked pieces leading up the ear cup straighten out.
if it gets worse, pass it through in the opposite direction...

hope that helps.  (it works for me...)

wink.gif
post #4673 of 7947

I see that the headphones are backordered on PJ. I'm debating whether I should wait until this changes or place an order let them sit on my money while it comes back in stock?

post #4674 of 7947
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonance View Post

I see that the headphones are backordered on PJ. I'm debating whether I should wait until this changes or place an order let them sit on my money while it comes back in stock?

 

The price right now is pretty low. It was lower a few days ago, but I have seen it as high as 1700 on PJ. It depends on the ever-changing conversion of the yen, so it is really a gamble. It could go lower or it could go back to 16--. Personally, I would wait. You might be able to find one on the used market in the mean time. If not, wait till they are back in stock and hope that the price is as low as it is now. 

post #4675 of 7947

I was lucky to grab it when AUD was strong than Yen and USD, got it for ~$1510 shipped via EMS to Australia, what a deal, and I never tried to snipe it, it was on pre-order that time but mine was shipped right away after making a bank xfer which is a very convenient option since PJ has almost every bank account on main countries like US, Au, and EU... 

post #4676 of 7947

Before i made my purchase from PJ i've been looking around for sometime for a used TH-900 but goes to no avail. 

 

Seems like those that have TH-900 with them doesn't want to sell them out. For me after i received them i think they are worth every penny you pay for them. 

post #4677 of 7947
Model ST300 is an wooden headphone stand for elegant display of Fostex headphones and available as an optional extra.  This is same as the new headphone stand supplied with the TH900. - See more at: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-600.shtml#sthash.mHMmYt05.dpuf
Model ST300 is an wooden headphone stand for elegant display of Fostex headphones and available as an optional extra.  This is same as the new headphone stand supplied with the TH900. - See more at: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-600.shtml#sthash.mHMmYt05.dpuf
Model ST300 is an wooden headphone stand for elegant display of Fostex headphones and available as an optional extra.  This is same as the new headphone stand supplied with the TH900. - See more at: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-600.shtml#sthash.mHMmYt05.dpuf
Model ST300 is an wooden headphone stand for elegant display of Fostex headphones and available as an optional extra.  This is same as the new headphone stand supplied with the TH900. - See more at: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH-600.shtml#sthash.mHMmYt05.dpuf

Edited by Corate - 7/10/13 at 9:04pm
post #4678 of 7947

I'm sorry for the multicopy post on top. Somehow I just can't edit it. But can anybody confirm that stand comes in the TH900 package?

post #4679 of 7947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corate View Post

I'm sorry for the multicopy post on top. Somehow I just can't edit it. But can anybody confirm that stand comes in the TH900 package?

Yes, I received the ST300 stand with the TH900s.

post #4680 of 7947

All new TH-900s come with that stand, thank god. I would ask the shop before you order. My dealer told me before.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread