- 174 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: France (Paris)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on Yesterday at 1:51 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 307
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to add I copied this off Schitt website:
High Power for Any Headphones
High-gain amps can be noisy. This doesn't matter for low-efficiency orthodynamics, but if you have, say, Denons, it may not be ideal. Mjolnir delivers both 8W RMS per channel, and exceptionally low noise.
Pretty confusing statement. Not sure if they're trying to say:
"Normally, high gain amps are noisy with low-impedance cans, BUT the Mjolnir is exceptionally quiet",
"High gain amps INCLUDING the Mjolnir are noisy with low-impedance cans".
Absolutely confusing why say any Headphones when you can't use any headphones and there focus is orthodynamics headphones. Wow that's a lot of headphones but is it.........
Mjolnir is silent, but very sensitive to mains noise, and if you have noise mains, the Mjolnir will make a hiss with all headphones. If not, it won't....
That is because you have great mains. I have heard one serious noisy Mjolnir (at a dealer actually) and it wasn't the Mjolnir - it was the mains (they tried out the same unit other places). Others ave reported similar experiences
Compared to T5P:
1) Isolation: worse. Leakage: worse.
I'm not certain if Zana Deux owners agree with me but I think the synergy with the TH-900 is particular to the ZDSE rather than just any Zana Deux in general. I have the older ZD with a fixed 12 ohm output and as mentioned by some of the Tokyo HF members at a meet 3 weeks ago, the bass was somewhat loose. In my case I need to mod my ZD to match the ZDSE's 3 ohm to tighten up the bass.
It's outstanding with the ECBA, as well. It's an awesome pairing.
To build on this.
1. As above, terrible.
2. Depends. If it is in a high ambient noise environment, not very good.
would it be neccessary to pair this low impedence headphone with an expensive amp? or would it make little difference between a few hundred dollar priced amp vs over/around 1 k amp
TH900s sound good on just about anything, however sounds better on my main HP amp than say a mobile device or even my dac's built-in HP amp. So it really comes down to what sound you like and what is realistic in your budget
Hey guys, I'm selling my Codia walnut headphone stand. IMO it is the best stand I've used for the TH900, because the TH900 rests so perfectly on top of this particular stand so perfectly without any stretching or quibbles.
Here's a picture of how the TH900 rests on the stand.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 9 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 28 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...