- 174 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: France (Paris)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 7/24/16 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 307
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to add I copied this off Schitt website:
High Power for Any Headphones
High-gain amps can be noisy. This doesn't matter for low-efficiency orthodynamics, but if you have, say, Denons, it may not be ideal. Mjolnir delivers both 8W RMS per channel, and exceptionally low noise.
Pretty confusing statement. Not sure if they're trying to say:
"Normally, high gain amps are noisy with low-impedance cans, BUT the Mjolnir is exceptionally quiet",
"High gain amps INCLUDING the Mjolnir are noisy with low-impedance cans".
Absolutely confusing why say any Headphones when you can't use any headphones and there focus is orthodynamics headphones. Wow that's a lot of headphones but is it.........
Mjolnir is silent, but very sensitive to mains noise, and if you have noise mains, the Mjolnir will make a hiss with all headphones. If not, it won't....
That is because you have great mains. I have heard one serious noisy Mjolnir (at a dealer actually) and it wasn't the Mjolnir - it was the mains (they tried out the same unit other places). Others ave reported similar experiences
Compared to T5P:
1) Isolation: worse. Leakage: worse.
I'm not certain if Zana Deux owners agree with me but I think the synergy with the TH-900 is particular to the ZDSE rather than just any Zana Deux in general. I have the older ZD with a fixed 12 ohm output and as mentioned by some of the Tokyo HF members at a meet 3 weeks ago, the bass was somewhat loose. In my case I need to mod my ZD to match the ZDSE's 3 ohm to tighten up the bass.
It's outstanding with the ECBA, as well. It's an awesome pairing.
To build on this.
1. As above, terrible.
2. Depends. If it is in a high ambient noise environment, not very good.
would it be neccessary to pair this low impedence headphone with an expensive amp? or would it make little difference between a few hundred dollar priced amp vs over/around 1 k amp
TH900s sound good on just about anything, however sounds better on my main HP amp than say a mobile device or even my dac's built-in HP amp. So it really comes down to what sound you like and what is realistic in your budget
Hey guys, I'm selling my Codia walnut headphone stand. IMO it is the best stand I've used for the TH900, because the TH900 rests so perfectly on top of this particular stand so perfectly without any stretching or quibbles.
Here's a picture of how the TH900 rests on the stand.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 13 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 14 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C421 Portable Headphone Amplifier (AD8620) 16 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...