- 172 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: France (Paris)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:00 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
This review is for AKG by Harman Y50’s INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. I don’t...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 307
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to add I copied this off Schitt website:
High Power for Any Headphones
High-gain amps can be noisy. This doesn't matter for low-efficiency orthodynamics, but if you have, say, Denons, it may not be ideal. Mjolnir delivers both 8W RMS per channel, and exceptionally low noise.
Pretty confusing statement. Not sure if they're trying to say:
"Normally, high gain amps are noisy with low-impedance cans, BUT the Mjolnir is exceptionally quiet",
"High gain amps INCLUDING the Mjolnir are noisy with low-impedance cans".
Absolutely confusing why say any Headphones when you can't use any headphones and there focus is orthodynamics headphones. Wow that's a lot of headphones but is it.........
Mjolnir is silent, but very sensitive to mains noise, and if you have noise mains, the Mjolnir will make a hiss with all headphones. If not, it won't....
That is because you have great mains. I have heard one serious noisy Mjolnir (at a dealer actually) and it wasn't the Mjolnir - it was the mains (they tried out the same unit other places). Others ave reported similar experiences
Compared to T5P:
1) Isolation: worse. Leakage: worse.
I'm not certain if Zana Deux owners agree with me but I think the synergy with the TH-900 is particular to the ZDSE rather than just any Zana Deux in general. I have the older ZD with a fixed 12 ohm output and as mentioned by some of the Tokyo HF members at a meet 3 weeks ago, the bass was somewhat loose. In my case I need to mod my ZD to match the ZDSE's 3 ohm to tighten up the bass.
It's outstanding with the ECBA, as well. It's an awesome pairing.
To build on this.
1. As above, terrible.
2. Depends. If it is in a high ambient noise environment, not very good.
would it be neccessary to pair this low impedence headphone with an expensive amp? or would it make little difference between a few hundred dollar priced amp vs over/around 1 k amp
TH900s sound good on just about anything, however sounds better on my main HP amp than say a mobile device or even my dac's built-in HP amp. So it really comes down to what sound you like and what is realistic in your budget
Hey guys, I'm selling my Codia walnut headphone stand. IMO it is the best stand I've used for the TH900, because the TH900 rests so perfectly on top of this particular stand so perfectly without any stretching or quibbles.
Here's a picture of how the TH900 rests on the stand.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › Adam Audio A5X Powered Studio Monitor (5.5 inch, 100 watts) by rfox
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)