- 172 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: France (Paris)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 307
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to add I copied this off Schitt website:
High Power for Any Headphones
High-gain amps can be noisy. This doesn't matter for low-efficiency orthodynamics, but if you have, say, Denons, it may not be ideal. Mjolnir delivers both 8W RMS per channel, and exceptionally low noise.
Pretty confusing statement. Not sure if they're trying to say:
"Normally, high gain amps are noisy with low-impedance cans, BUT the Mjolnir is exceptionally quiet",
"High gain amps INCLUDING the Mjolnir are noisy with low-impedance cans".
Absolutely confusing why say any Headphones when you can't use any headphones and there focus is orthodynamics headphones. Wow that's a lot of headphones but is it.........
Mjolnir is silent, but very sensitive to mains noise, and if you have noise mains, the Mjolnir will make a hiss with all headphones. If not, it won't....
That is because you have great mains. I have heard one serious noisy Mjolnir (at a dealer actually) and it wasn't the Mjolnir - it was the mains (they tried out the same unit other places). Others ave reported similar experiences
Compared to T5P:
1) Isolation: worse. Leakage: worse.
I'm not certain if Zana Deux owners agree with me but I think the synergy with the TH-900 is particular to the ZDSE rather than just any Zana Deux in general. I have the older ZD with a fixed 12 ohm output and as mentioned by some of the Tokyo HF members at a meet 3 weeks ago, the bass was somewhat loose. In my case I need to mod my ZD to match the ZDSE's 3 ohm to tighten up the bass.
It's outstanding with the ECBA, as well. It's an awesome pairing.
To build on this.
1. As above, terrible.
2. Depends. If it is in a high ambient noise environment, not very good.
would it be neccessary to pair this low impedence headphone with an expensive amp? or would it make little difference between a few hundred dollar priced amp vs over/around 1 k amp
TH900s sound good on just about anything, however sounds better on my main HP amp than say a mobile device or even my dac's built-in HP amp. So it really comes down to what sound you like and what is realistic in your budget
Hey guys, I'm selling my Codia walnut headphone stand. IMO it is the best stand I've used for the TH900, because the TH900 rests so perfectly on top of this particular stand so perfectly without any stretching or quibbles.
Here's a picture of how the TH900 rests on the stand.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 39 seconds ago
- › [IC] iRiver AK Vinnie modded RWAK240 with extra Minerva case, &... 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Best amp/dac pairing for Sennheiser HD650. (Unlimited Budget) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E10K Olympus 2 vs. E07K. 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Help me understand something (modi/magni) + HE-400 and studio... 2 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3