- 174 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: France (Paris)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:29 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 3/15/17 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 307
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to add I copied this off Schitt website:
High Power for Any Headphones
High-gain amps can be noisy. This doesn't matter for low-efficiency orthodynamics, but if you have, say, Denons, it may not be ideal. Mjolnir delivers both 8W RMS per channel, and exceptionally low noise.
Pretty confusing statement. Not sure if they're trying to say:
"Normally, high gain amps are noisy with low-impedance cans, BUT the Mjolnir is exceptionally quiet",
"High gain amps INCLUDING the Mjolnir are noisy with low-impedance cans".
Absolutely confusing why say any Headphones when you can't use any headphones and there focus is orthodynamics headphones. Wow that's a lot of headphones but is it.........
Mjolnir is silent, but very sensitive to mains noise, and if you have noise mains, the Mjolnir will make a hiss with all headphones. If not, it won't....
That is because you have great mains. I have heard one serious noisy Mjolnir (at a dealer actually) and it wasn't the Mjolnir - it was the mains (they tried out the same unit other places). Others ave reported similar experiences
Compared to T5P:
1) Isolation: worse. Leakage: worse.
I'm not certain if Zana Deux owners agree with me but I think the synergy with the TH-900 is particular to the ZDSE rather than just any Zana Deux in general. I have the older ZD with a fixed 12 ohm output and as mentioned by some of the Tokyo HF members at a meet 3 weeks ago, the bass was somewhat loose. In my case I need to mod my ZD to match the ZDSE's 3 ohm to tighten up the bass.
It's outstanding with the ECBA, as well. It's an awesome pairing.
To build on this.
1. As above, terrible.
2. Depends. If it is in a high ambient noise environment, not very good.
would it be neccessary to pair this low impedence headphone with an expensive amp? or would it make little difference between a few hundred dollar priced amp vs over/around 1 k amp
TH900s sound good on just about anything, however sounds better on my main HP amp than say a mobile device or even my dac's built-in HP amp. So it really comes down to what sound you like and what is realistic in your budget
Hey guys, I'm selling my Codia walnut headphone stand. IMO it is the best stand I've used for the TH900, because the TH900 rests so perfectly on top of this particular stand so perfectly without any stretching or quibbles.
Here's a picture of how the TH900 rests on the stand.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › CIEM for eletronic music lover 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › First "big" headphones for under $2,000? 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear