- 4,978 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-900 and HP-A8C Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:06am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best headphones for EDM / Electronica? Last post on 11/29/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex... your opinion? Last post on 11/24/13 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 59372/28/12 at 11:04pmWaiting for Tyll to get his hands on them for a full review, that's a whole lotta cabbage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 59372/28/12 at 11:08pmThread Starter
It may be a while, since the TH900 is a Japan-only product and available in very limited supplies. I don't think Tyll has reviewed other such headphones from last year like the W3000ANV yet. It probably wont happen until someone who owns one decides to send it his way.post #48 of 59372/29/12 at 12:10amQuote:
He didn't like the T5p and loved the Skullcandy Aviators, my view there is inverted, so whatever his TH900 review says I'll think the opposite. =]post #49 of 59372/29/12 at 1:12amQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
->Newly developed 50mm dynamic drivers with 1.5 tesla magnetic flux density
->New "bio-dynamic vibration plate" to reduce internal vibrations
->Headphone cable made of high purity OFC of 7N grade (99.9999%)
->Special Urushi poison ivy lacquer done by Japan's 110 year old Sakamoto Lacquer shop
->Made in Japan. $2000 - $2300 USD (*tears shed*)
LOL. 1.5 Tesla? .5 more than the T1, it must sound amazing considering how...um...yeah...
Is this like the megapixel wars but with magnetic flux? A 15 megapixel cell phone camera must make amaaaaazing pictures!!!
Edited by rhythmdevils - 2/29/12 at 1:14ampost #50 of 59372/29/12 at 1:17amThread StarterQuote:
And so begins the Tesla wars.post #51 of 59372/29/12 at 1:18ampost #52 of 59372/29/12 at 2:08amQuote:
Yeah but when holding the T5p up to a screen compared to different headphones it looks like they have 0.06 Tesla or a VGA mobile phone camera in them.post #53 of 59372/29/12 at 3:08ampost #54 of 59372/29/12 at 3:55amQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. My only imported pair of headphones so far were Audio-Technica ES10s from AccessoryJack. I think it took a week at most for them to arrive. Looks like their prices have also shot up quite a bit since then. Lame.post #55 of 59372/29/12 at 7:21amQuote:Quote:
I am so out of "thumbs up"s right now....post #56 of 59372/29/12 at 7:54am
What's up with the Nikon D3 maverick?
I don't see how the drivers Beyer created analogise to 12MP cameras. =(
For the record I don't really think the T1/T5p are worth $1k when people ask me, but I like the T5p better than all other ~$1k HP's I've tried so in that sense yes.
Edited by kiteki - 2/29/12 at 7:57ampost #57 of 59372/29/12 at 8:01amQuote:
IIRC that's the one that all the photo-geeks love. RD wants to skip straight to straight to that level and past pretty much all the the current headphones on the market which he thinks are seriously flawed.post #58 of 59372/29/12 at 8:19am
I think RD is a diy'er and makes her own headphones, though.post #59 of 59372/29/12 at 8:42am
That's because he thinks pretty much everything on the market right now sucks so he's got nothing left to do but mod vintage 'phones.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › New! Focal Spirit Pro? 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 In-Ear Monitors 2 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe