- 5,391 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Just got Fostex th-900 After Two Years Of Wheelin' & Dealin' Last post on 3/19/14 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 compliment the HE500s Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 4post #46 of 68022/28/12 at 11:04pmWaiting for Tyll to get his hands on them for a full review, that's a whole lotta cabbage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 68022/28/12 at 11:08pmThread Starter
It may be a while, since the TH900 is a Japan-only product and available in very limited supplies. I don't think Tyll has reviewed other such headphones from last year like the W3000ANV yet. It probably wont happen until someone who owns one decides to send it his way.post #48 of 68022/29/12 at 12:10amQuote:
He didn't like the T5p and loved the Skullcandy Aviators, my view there is inverted, so whatever his TH900 review says I'll think the opposite. =]post #49 of 68022/29/12 at 1:12amQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
->Newly developed 50mm dynamic drivers with 1.5 tesla magnetic flux density
->New "bio-dynamic vibration plate" to reduce internal vibrations
->Headphone cable made of high purity OFC of 7N grade (99.9999%)
->Special Urushi poison ivy lacquer done by Japan's 110 year old Sakamoto Lacquer shop
->Made in Japan. $2000 - $2300 USD (*tears shed*)
LOL. 1.5 Tesla? .5 more than the T1, it must sound amazing considering how...um...yeah...
Is this like the megapixel wars but with magnetic flux? A 15 megapixel cell phone camera must make amaaaaazing pictures!!!
Edited by rhythmdevils - 2/29/12 at 1:14ampost #50 of 68022/29/12 at 1:17amThread StarterQuote:
And so begins the Tesla wars.post #51 of 68022/29/12 at 1:18ampost #52 of 68022/29/12 at 2:08amQuote:
Yeah but when holding the T5p up to a screen compared to different headphones it looks like they have 0.06 Tesla or a VGA mobile phone camera in them.post #53 of 68022/29/12 at 3:08ampost #54 of 68022/29/12 at 3:55amQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. My only imported pair of headphones so far were Audio-Technica ES10s from AccessoryJack. I think it took a week at most for them to arrive. Looks like their prices have also shot up quite a bit since then. Lame.post #55 of 68022/29/12 at 7:21amQuote:Quote:
I am so out of "thumbs up"s right now....post #56 of 68022/29/12 at 7:54am
What's up with the Nikon D3 maverick?
I don't see how the drivers Beyer created analogise to 12MP cameras. =(
For the record I don't really think the T1/T5p are worth $1k when people ask me, but I like the T5p better than all other ~$1k HP's I've tried so in that sense yes.
Edited by kiteki - 2/29/12 at 7:57ampost #57 of 68022/29/12 at 8:01amQuote:
IIRC that's the one that all the photo-geeks love. RD wants to skip straight to straight to that level and past pretty much all the the current headphones on the market which he thinks are seriously flawed.post #58 of 68022/29/12 at 8:19am
I think RD is a diy'er and makes her own headphones, though.post #59 of 68022/29/12 at 8:42am
That's because he thinks pretty much everything on the market right now sucks so he's got nothing left to do but mod vintage 'phones.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Headphone Amp thats both POWERFUL and Neutral 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Your Album of the Month 1 minute ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 2 minutes ago
- › ibasso dx50 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Lampizator 5B + KGBH + SR-009 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob