- 6,402 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:01 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It may be a while, since the TH900 is a Japan-only product and available in very limited supplies. I don't think Tyll has reviewed other such headphones from last year like the W3000ANV yet. It probably wont happen until someone who owns one decides to send it his way.
He didn't like the T5p and loved the Skullcandy Aviators, my view there is inverted, so whatever his TH900 review says I'll think the opposite. =]
->Newly developed 50mm dynamic drivers with 1.5 tesla magnetic flux density
->New "bio-dynamic vibration plate" to reduce internal vibrations
->Headphone cable made of high purity OFC of 7N grade (99.9999%)
->Special Urushi poison ivy lacquer done by Japan's 110 year old Sakamoto Lacquer shop
->Made in Japan. $2000 - $2300 USD (*tears shed*)
LOL. 1.5 Tesla? .5 more than the T1, it must sound amazing considering how...um...yeah...
Is this like the megapixel wars but with magnetic flux? A 15 megapixel cell phone camera must make amaaaaazing pictures!!!
Edited by rhythmdevils - 2/29/12 at 1:14am
And so begins the Tesla wars.
Yeah but when holding the T5p up to a screen compared to different headphones it looks like they have 0.06 Tesla or a VGA mobile phone camera in them.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. My only imported pair of headphones so far were Audio-Technica ES10s from AccessoryJack. I think it took a week at most for them to arrive. Looks like their prices have also shot up quite a bit since then. Lame.
I am so out of "thumbs up"s right now....
What's up with the Nikon D3 maverick?
I don't see how the drivers Beyer created analogise to 12MP cameras. =(
For the record I don't really think the T1/T5p are worth $1k when people ask me, but I like the T5p better than all other ~$1k HP's I've tried so in that sense yes.
Edited by kiteki - 2/29/12 at 7:57am
IIRC that's the one that all the photo-geeks love. RD wants to skip straight to straight to that level and past pretty much all the the current headphones on the market which he thinks are seriously flawed.
That's because he thinks pretty much everything on the market right now sucks so he's got nothing left to do but mod vintage 'phones.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 36 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a musical DT880 alternative 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi 2 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse