- 6,415 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH900 MkII Last post on 8/13/16 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 11/29/15 at 11:37am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It may be a while, since the TH900 is a Japan-only product and available in very limited supplies. I don't think Tyll has reviewed other such headphones from last year like the W3000ANV yet. It probably wont happen until someone who owns one decides to send it his way.
He didn't like the T5p and loved the Skullcandy Aviators, my view there is inverted, so whatever his TH900 review says I'll think the opposite. =]
->Newly developed 50mm dynamic drivers with 1.5 tesla magnetic flux density
->New "bio-dynamic vibration plate" to reduce internal vibrations
->Headphone cable made of high purity OFC of 7N grade (99.9999%)
->Special Urushi poison ivy lacquer done by Japan's 110 year old Sakamoto Lacquer shop
->Made in Japan. $2000 - $2300 USD (*tears shed*)
LOL. 1.5 Tesla? .5 more than the T1, it must sound amazing considering how...um...yeah...
Is this like the megapixel wars but with magnetic flux? A 15 megapixel cell phone camera must make amaaaaazing pictures!!!
Edited by rhythmdevils - 2/29/12 at 1:14am
And so begins the Tesla wars.
Yeah but when holding the T5p up to a screen compared to different headphones it looks like they have 0.06 Tesla or a VGA mobile phone camera in them.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. My only imported pair of headphones so far were Audio-Technica ES10s from AccessoryJack. I think it took a week at most for them to arrive. Looks like their prices have also shot up quite a bit since then. Lame.
I am so out of "thumbs up"s right now....
What's up with the Nikon D3 maverick?
I don't see how the drivers Beyer created analogise to 12MP cameras. =(
For the record I don't really think the T1/T5p are worth $1k when people ask me, but I like the T5p better than all other ~$1k HP's I've tried so in that sense yes.
Edited by kiteki - 2/29/12 at 7:57am
IIRC that's the one that all the photo-geeks love. RD wants to skip straight to straight to that level and past pretty much all the the current headphones on the market which he thinks are seriously flawed.
That's because he thinks pretty much everything on the market right now sucks so he's got nothing left to do but mod vintage 'phones.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 46 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan SL3 Great condition 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...