- 6,117 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It may be a while, since the TH900 is a Japan-only product and available in very limited supplies. I don't think Tyll has reviewed other such headphones from last year like the W3000ANV yet. It probably wont happen until someone who owns one decides to send it his way.
He didn't like the T5p and loved the Skullcandy Aviators, my view there is inverted, so whatever his TH900 review says I'll think the opposite. =]
->Newly developed 50mm dynamic drivers with 1.5 tesla magnetic flux density
->New "bio-dynamic vibration plate" to reduce internal vibrations
->Headphone cable made of high purity OFC of 7N grade (99.9999%)
->Special Urushi poison ivy lacquer done by Japan's 110 year old Sakamoto Lacquer shop
->Made in Japan. $2000 - $2300 USD (*tears shed*)
LOL. 1.5 Tesla? .5 more than the T1, it must sound amazing considering how...um...yeah...
Is this like the megapixel wars but with magnetic flux? A 15 megapixel cell phone camera must make amaaaaazing pictures!!!
Edited by rhythmdevils - 2/29/12 at 1:14am
And so begins the Tesla wars.
Yeah but when holding the T5p up to a screen compared to different headphones it looks like they have 0.06 Tesla or a VGA mobile phone camera in them.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. My only imported pair of headphones so far were Audio-Technica ES10s from AccessoryJack. I think it took a week at most for them to arrive. Looks like their prices have also shot up quite a bit since then. Lame.
I am so out of "thumbs up"s right now....
What's up with the Nikon D3 maverick?
I don't see how the drivers Beyer created analogise to 12MP cameras. =(
For the record I don't really think the T1/T5p are worth $1k when people ask me, but I like the T5p better than all other ~$1k HP's I've tried so in that sense yes.
Edited by kiteki - 2/29/12 at 7:57am
IIRC that's the one that all the photo-geeks love. RD wants to skip straight to straight to that level and past pretty much all the the current headphones on the market which he thinks are seriously flawed.
That's because he thinks pretty much everything on the market right now sucks so he's got nothing left to do but mod vintage 'phones.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Encore RockMaster OE (Over-Ear) - a superb $30 budget... 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600 11 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 12 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 13 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 16 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 17 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2