- 1,172 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Location: Silicon Valley
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 220
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Make no mistake about it, the TH-900s are not equally good as the D7000s. They are better in every way!
I think Audiowood's talking about th 600 since he has the 900 for a while
or are you talking about the 600 but the 9 is a typo mistake ?
Yeap, was referring to th600.
May I ask, I have seen some posts before mentioning an issue with the cup having a loose connection to the headband; is this known to happen on its own or is it the result of some external factor?
I believe there are only 4-6 reported case so far and may not represent the majority of the stocks.
Here is my personal story (again personal) on that screws..The technician that tighten the screws happened to de dreaming about becoming rich and may apply a relatively light force to it, his dreams then pop and the whole mental structure of being rich collapse in split second when his boss walk pass and decided to use more strength to tighten it. So that is why 4-6 people suffer from anxiety and stress related issues when that cups fall off halfway way to musical enlightenment.
I am kidding.. of course.
To be on the safe side, you can remove the pad by giving a slight anti-clockwise twist on the pad, it will come off. Remove 4 screws and the cup comes off, then tighten the screws.
Thanks for the advice, I'll bear it in mind
Yeah, the box is massive.. and this is just the inner box, excluding the headphone stand (I got the old wire one).
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8" 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One MKII / MKII MUSES Edition 3 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 or Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2