Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 216

post #3226 of 6844

Although it's been over a year since this product was released, I'd like to share a decent looking headphone stand from South Korean company Codia.

 

http://cafe.naver.com/codia7/485

 

As you can see, it's available in 3 wood finish: birch, walnut, sapele.

Price is approx $70 for birch, and $140 for walnut or sapele.

 

I'm thinking of picking one soon for my TH900... less expensive than the Sieveking Omega but much better looking IMO. I'm sure they ship worldwide too.

post #3227 of 6844
Thanks for that link - looks like a great stand!
post #3228 of 6844

Does anyone else use the Fostex HP-A8C with the TH 900's besides AnakChan? I'm basically looking for a computer based set up for my incoming TH 900's. Or would the Benchmark Dac2 HGC be a better choice under $2K? I can't find any reviews on the benchmark yet, and certainly not with the TH 900's. 

post #3229 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by jronan2 View Post

Does anyone else use the Fostex HP-A8C with the TH 900's besides AnakChan? I'm basically looking for a computer based set up for my incoming TH 900's. Or would the Benchmark Dac2 HGC be a better choice under $2K? I can't find any reviews on the benchmark yet, and certainly not with the TH 900's. 

 

I feel ostracized :P...

post #3230 of 6844

Been listening to the TH-900 powered by the V200 - and feed from a Naim NAC-N 172XS used as DAC (line out, RCA). The initial impression is that the tonal balance the Naim adds to the mix makes the TH-900 more "soulful". The Naim has some attributes when it comes to rendering voices and string instruments I really, really like. Uncertain if the "party factor" the Naim also have in the bass is too much for the TH-900...

 


Edited by Loevhagen - 2/2/13 at 3:16pm
post #3231 of 6844
I've listened to the TH-900's on the Fostex amp, and I thought it was very good as well. I don't own these headphones (yet), so this was a demo session, and I haven't heard them on many different amps. So.....it sounded great to me, but I'm not able to say it sounded better or worse than other ss amps out there. My listening session was with a high quality transport, so I didn't test the USB input quality. It certainly a good looking piece.
post #3232 of 6844
anyone listened to the LA-900 yet?
post #3233 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB7605 View Post

anyone listened to the LA-900 yet?
Will be also VERY interested to hear about the LA900 mod.
post #3234 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post


Will be also VERY interested to hear about the LA900 mod.

 

How much does it cost with all the upgrades, 3000USD? You can have Realiser for that kind of money!

post #3235 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Not to be an enabler or anything evil_smiley.gif, but there's an Open Box pair on Headroom (a great company to buy from...and a great Head-fi sponsor) on sale for $1699. Dang, I had to buy mine a few weeks ago at full price. 

 

Consider yourself the official enabler.... :)

 

Shipped and ready to greet me in the coming week.

 

Curious for amps however as I have a WA7 coming next week (bought for my office with the HD800s) and I still have the Heed Canamp lying around. Due to some positive reviews I have read here on headfi regarding the pairing of the TH900s with the Lehmann Black Cube, I have to wonder if the Canamp will perform similarly as the two amps have been compared in the past as well.

 

!??!

post #3236 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

 

How much does it cost with all the upgrades, 3000USD? You can have Realiser for that kind of money!

 

Sorry to ask, but what is " Realiser " ?  can you show a link please ? 

 

thanks

post #3237 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

 

Sorry to ask, but what is " Realiser " ?  can you show a link please ? 

 

thanks


http://smyth-research.com/technology.html

 

If I had 3000USD, I would buy Realiser instead of super-expensive headphones since you can use just about any pair in order to get speaker-like sound with headphones. From what I've heard, it should be incredibly real, especially with head-tracking feature on.

post #3238 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudalicious View Post

 

Consider yourself the official enabler.... :)

 

Shipped and ready to greet me in the coming week.

 

Curious for amps however as I have a WA7 coming next week (bought for my office with the HD800s) and I still have the Heed Canamp lying around. Due to some positive reviews I have read here on headfi regarding the pairing of the TH900s with the Lehmann Black Cube, I have to wonder if the Canamp will perform similarly as the two amps have been compared in the past as well.

 

!??!

Hey congrats! 

 

It should pair brilliantly with the WA7 (and sound pretty good with your Canamp too). 

 

And sorry about that. tongue.gif

post #3239 of 6844

Heck, just spend the 3k and use the Stax it comes with. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post


http://smyth-research.com/technology.html

 

If I had 3000USD, I would buy Realiser instead of super-expensive headphones since you can use just about any pair in order to get speaker-like sound with headphones. From what I've heard, it should be incredibly real, especially with head-tracking feature on.

post #3240 of 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustA View Post

http://smyth-research.com/technology.html

If I had 3000USD, I would buy Realiser instead of super-expensive headphones since you can use just about any pair in order to get speaker-like sound with headphones. From what I've heard, it should be incredibly real, especially with head-tracking feature on.

You still need accurate traducers to fully realize the Realiser! Stick in some Beats, I doubt it will sound that amazing....YMMV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread