Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 208

post #3106 of 8017

DONE.... I ordered tonight from Pricejapan my TH-900  tongue_smile.gif  Now I will have to wait :-(

 

Also ordered tonight the new battery operated DAC/AMP from Red Wine Audio : Bellina HPA PRO (SE + BAL).     Will Have to wait also :(

 

source will be the iRiver RWAK1OO and also a MacBookAIR + Audivana

 

I will keept you informed....

post #3107 of 8017

NICE! Congrats man, that'll be really nice sounding. 

post #3108 of 8017
I really like the look of the Red Wine piece too.
post #3109 of 8017
This will indeed a "big" DAP !
post #3110 of 8017

additional fotos for pad montage/removal

(on the pics, you can see, how to turn into correct direction)

 

post #3111 of 8017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

Was just curious about Rays Dark Star. and as MuppetFace and yourself pointed out low impedance phones are not a good combination with DS
I really enjoyed the LCD2/3 and HE-6 from the Darkstar, you just can't max the volume and hope to have a headphone left.
post #3112 of 8017

Thanks for the recommendations on the portable version of the TH-900s.  I'll definitely be sure to check out the Sig Pros. :) 

post #3113 of 8017

Plans are: I enjoy few months the TH-900 and then, may be I will send it to LAWTON Audio to have it modified into a LA900 (level 3 with tricks + new pad + new cups + balanced cable).  

post #3114 of 8017

Why new cups?  The stock ones are very nice.

post #3115 of 8017
There was already one user having both cups - and he returned to the original one which were better for him. - was written in this thread.... Just read the 3114 previous comments ;-)
Sorry, do not know exactly, when he wrote it, about 1-2 weeks ago, maybe.
post #3116 of 8017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

Plans are: I enjoy few months the TH-900 and then, may be I will send it to LAWTON Audio to have it modified into a LA900 (level 3 with tricks + new pad + new cups + balanced cable).  

Whoa, that looks so interesting!

 

 

Btw, just don't ever think to pair TH900 with Darsktar, I've tried and it produce a lot of hiss.

post #3117 of 8017

Don't get new cups, they're a fair chunk of the price you paid.Lawton sells the cups and doesn't return them, I wonder what he'll charge for the TH900 cups on his site? I think he charges 35 bucks for the Denons.I'm waiting for opinions from those who get the "Lawton treatment" on the TH900 before I take the plunge, but there's no way he's getting my cups!

I'm actually surprised he doesn't offer a package that doesn't include new cups considering their value.It was an enhancement getting the new cups with my Denon, but not with these babies.


Edited by Soned - 1/19/13 at 12:09pm
post #3118 of 8017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soned View Post

 

I'm actually surprised he doesn't offer a package that doesn't include new cups considering their value.It was an enhancement getting the new cups with my Denon, but not with these babies.

 

He does.  It's called "Level 1".

post #3119 of 8017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soned View Post

Don't get new cups, they're a fair chunk of the price you paid.Lawton sells the cups and doesn't return them, I wonder what he'll charge for the TH900 cups on his site? I think he charges 35 bucks for the Denons.I'm waiting for opinions from those who get the "Lawton treatment" on the TH900 before I take the plunge, but there's no way he's getting my cups!
I'm actually surprised he doesn't offer a package that doesn't include new cups considering their value.It was an enhancement getting the new cups with my Denon, but not with these babies.

Actually, Mark Lawton posted in this thread a couple months ago to clear any misunderstanding for people like you. He won't keep your stock cups and sell them for profit, he will return them to you as they are.
post #3120 of 8017
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post


Actually, Mark Lawton posted in this thread a couple months ago to clear any misunderstanding for people like you. He won't keep your stock cups and sell them for profit, he will return them to you as they are.

Not sure if this has been said before; while his earcups do look great and are a nice upgrade looks wise over the D7000s, they are a drastic downgrade to the TH-900's earcups in that regard IMHO.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread