- 5,265 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a DAC/AMP to run w/ Fostex TH-900/ATH W3000ANV and AUDIOENGINE A5+($2000) Last post on 2/13/14 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Equalizer versus Amp synergy match question Last post on 2/8/14 at 12:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 64821/16/13 at 1:44pmThe TH900 is amazing with the BA, makes me want to get them re-terminated to balanced.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 64821/16/13 at 1:56pmpost #3063 of 64821/16/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
So, I should rather get a BA than a ZD for my headphones (TH-900 today, but I guess other later..) ?
And has someone tested the EC 2A3 ? It seems to be close to the BA level plus offering the speaker option !?post #3064 of 64821/16/13 at 2:58pmpost #3065 of 64821/16/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?post #3066 of 64821/16/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
Bring the Zana to the meet. Want to hear it, bra.post #3067 of 64821/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #3068 of 64821/16/13 at 5:27pmThread StarterQuote:
It seems to me like you want the BA.
In my experience, a lot of people asking for advice on amps have sort of already made up their minds in advance and are looking for validation. Nothing wrong with that: you should get the BA if you want it, because you'll always wonder "could there be something more?" if you settle.
If you're interested in the 2A3, wait for the upgraded BA heater version. It brings the performance up to a whole 'nother level compared to the older version.post #3069 of 64821/16/13 at 8:43pmQuote:
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.
Edited by En_R - 1/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #3070 of 64821/16/13 at 9:17pm
Really? I didn't find it bright what so ever with that pairing. Hmm. Must be tubes.Quote:Originally Posted by En_R
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.post #3071 of 64821/16/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.post #3072 of 64821/16/13 at 9:45pm
Current Production Gold Lions, I think. I can't remember.
Still think the LG has a leg up with the perfect tube.post #3073 of 64821/16/13 at 11:33pmQuote:
I'm planning on performing my 1st "rolling" thursday, replacing my stock JJ Teslas with Siemens.I'm not expecting miracles , but I hope it's a decent audible upgrade.post #3074 of 64821/16/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
What volume level do you prefer with the TH900/LF?
I'm usually at around 12 -1 o'clock on the dial MAX .I don't think I have a headphone as easily driven as the TH900post #3075 of 64821/17/13 at 2:41am
Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
The Balancing Act is an amazing amp, and I was really impressed every time I heard it. However I'd actually recommend the ZDSE over the BA if you were mainly going to use it with the TH900. The ZDSE has a very slight euphony that the BA doesn't, and to me that leads to perfect synergy between the two. I know a few BA owners who feel the same way. In fact, I know one BA owner who is considering the ZDSE just to pair with his TH900.Quote:
Posts like these make me happy as a soon-to-be owner of a ZDSE. I don't have the luxury to afford more than one flagship headphone, at least not for a very long time, and I'm already happy with having only a TH900 as it performs superbly in virtually all genres I throw at it. Yep, the ZDSE + TH900 is going to be my end-game headphons system, unless I win a lottery.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Summit-Fi DAP-Fest 2014: Coming Soon to a Head-Fi Near You. 45 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 - impressions and appreciation thread. 4 Balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Speakers or monitors for audiophile experience? 4 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G - Appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude