- 4,933 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-900 and HP-A8C Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:06am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Review: Fostex TH900 Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Fostex... your opinion? Last post on 11/24/13 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 58581/16/13 at 1:44pmThe TH900 is amazing with the BA, makes me want to get them re-terminated to balanced.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 58581/16/13 at 1:56pmpost #3063 of 58581/16/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
So, I should rather get a BA than a ZD for my headphones (TH-900 today, but I guess other later..) ?
And has someone tested the EC 2A3 ? It seems to be close to the BA level plus offering the speaker option !?post #3064 of 58581/16/13 at 2:58pmpost #3065 of 58581/16/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?post #3066 of 58581/16/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
Bring the Zana to the meet. Want to hear it, bra.post #3067 of 58581/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #3068 of 58581/16/13 at 5:27pmThread StarterQuote:
It seems to me like you want the BA.
In my experience, a lot of people asking for advice on amps have sort of already made up their minds in advance and are looking for validation. Nothing wrong with that: you should get the BA if you want it, because you'll always wonder "could there be something more?" if you settle.
If you're interested in the 2A3, wait for the upgraded BA heater version. It brings the performance up to a whole 'nother level compared to the older version.post #3069 of 58581/16/13 at 8:43pmQuote:
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.
Edited by En_R - 1/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #3070 of 58581/16/13 at 9:17pm
Really? I didn't find it bright what so ever with that pairing. Hmm. Must be tubes.Quote:Originally Posted by En_R
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.post #3071 of 58581/16/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.post #3072 of 58581/16/13 at 9:45pm
Current Production Gold Lions, I think. I can't remember.
Still think the LG has a leg up with the perfect tube.post #3073 of 58581/16/13 at 11:33pmQuote:
I'm planning on performing my 1st "rolling" thursday, replacing my stock JJ Teslas with Siemens.I'm not expecting miracles , but I hope it's a decent audible upgrade.post #3074 of 58581/16/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
What volume level do you prefer with the TH900/LF?
I'm usually at around 12 -1 o'clock on the dial MAX .I don't think I have a headphone as easily driven as the TH900post #3075 of 58581/17/13 at 2:41am
Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
The Balancing Act is an amazing amp, and I was really impressed every time I heard it. However I'd actually recommend the ZDSE over the BA if you were mainly going to use it with the TH900. The ZDSE has a very slight euphony that the BA doesn't, and to me that leads to perfect synergy between the two. I know a few BA owners who feel the same way. In fact, I know one BA owner who is considering the ZDSE just to pair with his TH900.Quote:
Posts like these make me happy as a soon-to-be owner of a ZDSE. I don't have the luxury to afford more than one flagship headphone, at least not for a very long time, and I'm already happy with having only a TH900 as it performs superbly in virtually all genres I throw at it. Yep, the ZDSE + TH900 is going to be my end-game headphons system, unless I win a lottery.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser ORPHEUS HE-90 *LIKE NEW* MINT CONDITION *ORIGINAL... 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi