- 5,404 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Just got Fostex th-900 After Two Years Of Wheelin' & Dealin' Last post on 3/19/14 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 compliment the HE500s Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 68171/16/13 at 1:44pmThe TH900 is amazing with the BA, makes me want to get them re-terminated to balanced.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3062 of 68171/16/13 at 1:56pmpost #3063 of 68171/16/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
So, I should rather get a BA than a ZD for my headphones (TH-900 today, but I guess other later..) ?
And has someone tested the EC 2A3 ? It seems to be close to the BA level plus offering the speaker option !?post #3064 of 68171/16/13 at 2:58pmpost #3065 of 68171/16/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?post #3066 of 68171/16/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
Bring the Zana to the meet. Want to hear it, bra.post #3067 of 68171/16/13 at 4:43pmpost #3068 of 68171/16/13 at 5:27pmThread StarterQuote:
It seems to me like you want the BA.
In my experience, a lot of people asking for advice on amps have sort of already made up their minds in advance and are looking for validation. Nothing wrong with that: you should get the BA if you want it, because you'll always wonder "could there be something more?" if you settle.
If you're interested in the 2A3, wait for the upgraded BA heater version. It brings the performance up to a whole 'nother level compared to the older version.post #3069 of 68171/16/13 at 8:43pmQuote:
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.
Edited by En_R - 1/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #3070 of 68171/16/13 at 9:17pm
Really? I didn't find it bright what so ever with that pairing. Hmm. Must be tubes.Quote:Originally Posted by En_R
The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.post #3071 of 68171/16/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.post #3072 of 68171/16/13 at 9:45pm
Current Production Gold Lions, I think. I can't remember.
Still think the LG has a leg up with the perfect tube.post #3073 of 68171/16/13 at 11:33pmQuote:
I'm planning on performing my 1st "rolling" thursday, replacing my stock JJ Teslas with Siemens.I'm not expecting miracles , but I hope it's a decent audible upgrade.post #3074 of 68171/16/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
What volume level do you prefer with the TH900/LF?
I'm usually at around 12 -1 o'clock on the dial MAX .I don't think I have a headphone as easily driven as the TH900post #3075 of 68171/17/13 at 2:41am
Quote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
The Balancing Act is an amazing amp, and I was really impressed every time I heard it. However I'd actually recommend the ZDSE over the BA if you were mainly going to use it with the TH900. The ZDSE has a very slight euphony that the BA doesn't, and to me that leads to perfect synergy between the two. I know a few BA owners who feel the same way. In fact, I know one BA owner who is considering the ZDSE just to pair with his TH900.Quote:
Posts like these make me happy as a soon-to-be owner of a ZDSE. I don't have the luxury to afford more than one flagship headphone, at least not for a very long time, and I'm already happy with having only a TH900 as it performs superbly in virtually all genres I throw at it. Yep, the ZDSE + TH900 is going to be my end-game headphons system, unless I win a lottery.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Has anyone heard anything about the Oppo HA-1 balanced headphone... 1 second ago
- › Are beats studios worth $75? 43 seconds ago
- › Why do most headphones have recessed mid range? 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Dac End R 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob