Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 205

post #3061 of 8042
The TH900 is amazing with the BA, makes me want to get them re-terminated to balanced.
post #3062 of 8042

Has anyone else listened to the TH900 with the Liquid Fire?

I am interested in comparing notes

post #3063 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The TH900 is amazing with the BA, makes me want to get them re-terminated to balanced.

So, I should rather get a BA than a ZD for my headphones (TH-900 today, but I guess other later..) ?

And has someone tested the EC 2A3 ?  It seems to be close to the BA level plus offering the speaker option !?

post #3064 of 8042
I've not heard the ZD with them, I can't say for sure, and I've not listened to the 2A3 at all.
post #3065 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soned View Post

Has anyone else listened to the TH900 with the Liquid Fire?

I am interested in comparing notes

 

That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?

post #3066 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?

Bring the Zana to the meet. Want to hear it, bra.
post #3067 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Bring the Zana to the meet. Want to hear it, bra.

x2 if you still have it.
post #3068 of 8042
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

So, I should rather get a BA than a ZD for my headphones (TH-900 today, but I guess other later..) ?

And has someone tested the EC 2A3 ?  It seems to be close to the BA level plus offering the speaker option !?

 

It seems to me like you want the BA.

 

In my experience, a lot of people asking for advice on amps have sort of already made up their minds in advance and are looking for validation. Nothing wrong with that: you should get the BA if you want it, because you'll always wonder "could there be something more?" if you settle.

 

If you're interested in the 2A3, wait for the upgraded BA heater version. It brings the performance up to a whole 'nother level compared to the older version.

post #3069 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soned View Post

Has anyone else listened to the TH900 with the Liquid Fire?
I am interested in comparing notes

The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.
Edited by En_R - 1/16/13 at 8:44pm
post #3070 of 8042

Really? I didn't find it bright what so ever with that pairing. Hmm. Must be tubes. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by En_R View Post


The liquid fire and the TH900 pairing results in excellent detail retrieval- I'd say it almost equals the HD800's potential in that area. However it can make the TH900 sound overly bright at times, which can only be mitigated to an extent with tubes. It makes for a very forward presentation, and makes the music very engaging.
post #3071 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Really? I didn't find it bright what so ever with that pairing. Hmm. Must be tubes. 

What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.
post #3072 of 8042

Current Production Gold Lions, I think. I can't remember. 

 

Still think the LG has a leg up with the perfect tube.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by En_R View Post


What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.
post #3073 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by En_R View Post


What tubes did you use? I'm using mullard 6922 but the difference between this and stock wasen't too great.

I'm planning on performing my 1st "rolling" thursday, replacing my stock JJ Teslas with Siemens.I'm not expecting miracles , but I hope it's a decent audible upgrade.

post #3074 of 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

That is my main rig! And I happen to own the LF, ZD, and the B22 all at the same time. What would you like to know?

What volume level do you prefer with the TH900/LF?

I'm usually at around 12 -1 o'clock on the dial MAX .I don't think I have a headphone as easily driven as the TH900

post #3075 of 8042

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

The Balancing Act is an amazing amp, and I was really impressed every time I heard it. However I'd actually recommend the ZDSE over the BA if you were mainly going to use it with the TH900. The ZDSE has a very slight euphony that the BA doesn't, and to me that leads to perfect synergy between the two. I know a few BA owners who feel the same way. In fact, I know one BA owner who is considering the ZDSE just to pair with his TH900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

I've owned both and have paired the TH900 with both. To my ears they're comparable in terms of detail retrieval, however I found the ZDSE to sound more transparent and natural.

 

Posts like these make me happy as a soon-to-be owner of a ZDSE. I don't have the luxury to afford more than one flagship headphone, at least not for a very long time, and I'm already happy with having only a TH900 as it performs superbly in virtually all genres I throw at it. Yep, the ZDSE + TH900 is going to be my end-game headphons system, unless I win a lottery.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread