What they don't tell you on the site is that there's a 40 day lead time. As for PriceJapan, Kaneda said he couldn't give any estimates until it's released unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:42 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of curiosity, who are you citing for that release date? I know Fostex gave a tentative date on their last announcement, but as far as when retailers will actually be stocking them, it's still not entirely certain from what I understand.
Especially since retailers are having to place a special order for them. In my experience retailers don't like stocking those kinds of items, and so they only send for them when you place your order. As a result there's often a lead time. AudioCubes for example says they need 40 days from the time you order for the TH900 to be stocked.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 5:24am
That makes me ven more impatient. I have two LA7000 coming in, one with cups from Mark and one with cups from Martin. Both will have the Lawton mods and earpads.
You will love the one with Martin's cups MuppetFace. I'll surely post some pics whenever I get them. Expect something really special! :)
I did not opt for the recabling though I might recable them myself with Norse cables later on.
I ordered 4 cables from Norse Audio and I'm not rreally sure what I will do with them yet.
How bad are the stock cables of the L3000 and D7000? I have read totally different opinions on both.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 2/28/12 at 10:41am
Martin the luthier is the king.
The TH900 is now available for pre-order at PriceJapan. As I expected, their price is better than AudioCubes'. $1800 versus $2300 last time I checked.
That would be $1990 shipped and PayPalled if I'm correct.
What is included in the AudioCubes prices?
Current price is actually $1,783 as of right now. It comes out to $1850 with EMS to the US, which will still be much faster than AudioCubes' shipping in my experience.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 10:08pm
Not in Belgium usually. ;)
Commercial shipping gets through customs in under two hours here.
But still, even in the most expensive case that's more than $300 cheaper than AudioCubes.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › New Member Introductions thread 25 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 36 seconds ago
- › What to buy next - after GR07 and JVC HA-FXZ 100? 51 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What to buy next - after GR07 and JVC HA-FXZ 100? 2 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2