What they don't tell you on the site is that there's a 40 day lead time. As for PriceJapan, Kaneda said he couldn't give any estimates until it's released unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 2/4/15 at 6:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of curiosity, who are you citing for that release date? I know Fostex gave a tentative date on their last announcement, but as far as when retailers will actually be stocking them, it's still not entirely certain from what I understand.
Especially since retailers are having to place a special order for them. In my experience retailers don't like stocking those kinds of items, and so they only send for them when you place your order. As a result there's often a lead time. AudioCubes for example says they need 40 days from the time you order for the TH900 to be stocked.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 5:24am
That makes me ven more impatient. I have two LA7000 coming in, one with cups from Mark and one with cups from Martin. Both will have the Lawton mods and earpads.
You will love the one with Martin's cups MuppetFace. I'll surely post some pics whenever I get them. Expect something really special! :)
I did not opt for the recabling though I might recable them myself with Norse cables later on.
I ordered 4 cables from Norse Audio and I'm not rreally sure what I will do with them yet.
How bad are the stock cables of the L3000 and D7000? I have read totally different opinions on both.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 2/28/12 at 10:41am
Martin the luthier is the king.
The TH900 is now available for pre-order at PriceJapan. As I expected, their price is better than AudioCubes'. $1800 versus $2300 last time I checked.
That would be $1990 shipped and PayPalled if I'm correct.
What is included in the AudioCubes prices?
Current price is actually $1,783 as of right now. It comes out to $1850 with EMS to the US, which will still be much faster than AudioCubes' shipping in my experience.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 10:08pm
Not in Belgium usually. ;)
Commercial shipping gets through customs in under two hours here.
But still, even in the most expensive case that's more than $300 cheaper than AudioCubes.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 22 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 2 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 8 minutes ago
- › Introduction 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2