What they don't tell you on the site is that there's a 40 day lead time. As for PriceJapan, Kaneda said he couldn't give any estimates until it's released unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of curiosity, who are you citing for that release date? I know Fostex gave a tentative date on their last announcement, but as far as when retailers will actually be stocking them, it's still not entirely certain from what I understand.
Especially since retailers are having to place a special order for them. In my experience retailers don't like stocking those kinds of items, and so they only send for them when you place your order. As a result there's often a lead time. AudioCubes for example says they need 40 days from the time you order for the TH900 to be stocked.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 5:24am
That makes me ven more impatient. I have two LA7000 coming in, one with cups from Mark and one with cups from Martin. Both will have the Lawton mods and earpads.
You will love the one with Martin's cups MuppetFace. I'll surely post some pics whenever I get them. Expect something really special! :)
I did not opt for the recabling though I might recable them myself with Norse cables later on.
I ordered 4 cables from Norse Audio and I'm not rreally sure what I will do with them yet.
How bad are the stock cables of the L3000 and D7000? I have read totally different opinions on both.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 2/28/12 at 10:41am
Martin the luthier is the king.
The TH900 is now available for pre-order at PriceJapan. As I expected, their price is better than AudioCubes'. $1800 versus $2300 last time I checked.
That would be $1990 shipped and PayPalled if I'm correct.
What is included in the AudioCubes prices?
Current price is actually $1,783 as of right now. It comes out to $1850 with EMS to the US, which will still be much faster than AudioCubes' shipping in my experience.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 10:08pm
Not in Belgium usually. ;)
Commercial shipping gets through customs in under two hours here.
But still, even in the most expensive case that's more than $300 cheaper than AudioCubes.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Three Word Story 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2