What they don't tell you on the site is that there's a 40 day lead time. As for PriceJapan, Kaneda said he couldn't give any estimates until it's released unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- ***PRICE DROP*** Fostex TH900 like-new for sale Last post on 7/23/14 at 6:47am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 3post #31 of 78212/27/12 at 1:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 78212/27/12 at 6:53pmpost #33 of 78212/28/12 at 4:37ampost #34 of 78212/28/12 at 5:22amThread Starter
Out of curiosity, who are you citing for that release date? I know Fostex gave a tentative date on their last announcement, but as far as when retailers will actually be stocking them, it's still not entirely certain from what I understand.
Especially since retailers are having to place a special order for them. In my experience retailers don't like stocking those kinds of items, and so they only send for them when you place your order. As a result there's often a lead time. AudioCubes for example says they need 40 days from the time you order for the TH900 to be stocked.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 5:24ampost #35 of 78212/28/12 at 7:09ampost #36 of 78212/28/12 at 7:12ampost #37 of 78212/28/12 at 7:19amThread Starterpost #38 of 78212/28/12 at 10:40amQuote:
That makes me ven more impatient. I have two LA7000 coming in, one with cups from Mark and one with cups from Martin. Both will have the Lawton mods and earpads.
You will love the one with Martin's cups MuppetFace. I'll surely post some pics whenever I get them. Expect something really special! :)
I did not opt for the recabling though I might recable them myself with Norse cables later on.
I ordered 4 cables from Norse Audio and I'm not rreally sure what I will do with them yet.
How bad are the stock cables of the L3000 and D7000? I have read totally different opinions on both.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 2/28/12 at 10:41ampost #39 of 78212/28/12 at 11:25amQuote:
Martin the luthier is the king.post #40 of 78212/28/12 at 7:13pmThread Starter
The TH900 is now available for pre-order at PriceJapan. As I expected, their price is better than AudioCubes'. $1800 versus $2300 last time I checked.post #41 of 78212/28/12 at 10:02pmQuote:
That would be $1990 shipped and PayPalled if I'm correct.
What is included in the AudioCubes prices?post #42 of 78212/28/12 at 10:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Current price is actually $1,783 as of right now. It comes out to $1850 with EMS to the US, which will still be much faster than AudioCubes' shipping in my experience.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 10:08pmpost #43 of 78212/28/12 at 10:11pm
Not in Belgium usually. ;)
Commercial shipping gets through customs in under two hours here.
But still, even in the most expensive case that's more than $300 cheaper than AudioCubes.post #44 of 78212/28/12 at 10:29pmThread StarterQuote:
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone knows what headphone this is... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 - Aus Only 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)