What they don't tell you on the site is that there's a 40 day lead time. As for PriceJapan, Kaneda said he couldn't give any estimates until it's released unfortunately.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 4:01 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Out of curiosity, who are you citing for that release date? I know Fostex gave a tentative date on their last announcement, but as far as when retailers will actually be stocking them, it's still not entirely certain from what I understand.
Especially since retailers are having to place a special order for them. In my experience retailers don't like stocking those kinds of items, and so they only send for them when you place your order. As a result there's often a lead time. AudioCubes for example says they need 40 days from the time you order for the TH900 to be stocked.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 5:24am
That makes me ven more impatient. I have two LA7000 coming in, one with cups from Mark and one with cups from Martin. Both will have the Lawton mods and earpads.
You will love the one with Martin's cups MuppetFace. I'll surely post some pics whenever I get them. Expect something really special! :)
I did not opt for the recabling though I might recable them myself with Norse cables later on.
I ordered 4 cables from Norse Audio and I'm not rreally sure what I will do with them yet.
How bad are the stock cables of the L3000 and D7000? I have read totally different opinions on both.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 2/28/12 at 10:41am
Martin the luthier is the king.
The TH900 is now available for pre-order at PriceJapan. As I expected, their price is better than AudioCubes'. $1800 versus $2300 last time I checked.
That would be $1990 shipped and PayPalled if I'm correct.
What is included in the AudioCubes prices?
Current price is actually $1,783 as of right now. It comes out to $1850 with EMS to the US, which will still be much faster than AudioCubes' shipping in my experience.
Edited by MuppetFace - 2/28/12 at 10:08pm
Not in Belgium usually. ;)
Commercial shipping gets through customs in under two hours here.
But still, even in the most expensive case that's more than $300 cheaper than AudioCubes.
AudioCubes will still be slower because they generally don't use a courier service unless you specify and pay extra, and on top of that they also take much longer to stock their items as well. I haven't heard any lead time estimates from Kaneda, but with AudioCubes it's 40 days just for them to stock it once you pay.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E5 Headphone Amp - Tiny Footprint! 6 minutes ago
- › SHURE 846 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Enjoy 25% off - Sennheiser MOMENTUM Ingress! 9 minutes ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3