While I can kind of see this to a point there is some music I really wouldn't like to listen to on the TH900. (Well, vs the Stax). Electronic stuff though is amazing on the TH900.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:18am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ideal headphone for Fostex HP-A8c Last post on 6/16/14 at 8:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 170post #2536 of 759512/7/12 at 9:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2537 of 759512/7/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
Electronic music or any thing with a beat is amazing on the TH-900s. :)post #2538 of 759512/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.post #2539 of 759512/7/12 at 9:39pm
We're at opposite ends but I feel we'll both end up in the middle. I really want some of those TH900s after hearing yours.Quote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.post #2540 of 759512/7/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Will your wallet oblige?post #2541 of 759512/7/12 at 10:08pm
Not right now. It's about to crash and burn with my new speaker rig the girlfriend has forced me to buy soon.post #2542 of 759512/7/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
I wish my other half would force me to buy a stax 009 and blue Hawaii. Up to now I still haven't pull the trigger yet. I am still dreaming... once in awhile..post #2543 of 759512/7/12 at 10:38pm
Just start playing your speakers obnoxiously loud. They'll want you to invest in headphones to shut them up. :D
She actually decided we needed speakers because she knew I wanted some and she was getting sick of hearing my 009 from across the room.
'I want to listen to music sometimes with you, too and I know you won't settle for anything less than a completely stretched budget will allow.'post #2544 of 759512/7/12 at 10:58pmpost #2545 of 759512/8/12 at 12:06ampost #2546 of 759512/8/12 at 12:33ampost #2547 of 759512/8/12 at 1:43am
An ebay listing , based in Sydney .It was listed higher , but I noticed they had feedback from a prior sale at that price , so I offered and they accepted
Edited by Soned - 12/8/12 at 8:08ampost #2548 of 759512/8/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
What's the URL for the listing?post #2549 of 759512/8/12 at 2:44pm
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 33 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › My Logitech Z-2300 crapped out....what should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Great Condition HD600s 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)