While I can kind of see this to a point there is some music I really wouldn't like to listen to on the TH900. (Well, vs the Stax). Electronic stuff though is amazing on the TH900.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 170post #2536 of 782112/7/12 at 9:04pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2537 of 782112/7/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
Electronic music or any thing with a beat is amazing on the TH-900s. :)post #2538 of 782112/7/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.post #2539 of 782112/7/12 at 9:39pm
We're at opposite ends but I feel we'll both end up in the middle. I really want some of those TH900s after hearing yours.Quote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
Oh no doubt with chamber, classical, ambient, acoustic/instrumental will be far superior on Stax and I'd reach for it 99% of the time. I really feel that owning a top end stat rig and a top tier dynamic rig is truly the best of both worlds. I would miss the other. Working on both.post #2540 of 782112/7/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Will your wallet oblige?post #2541 of 782112/7/12 at 10:08pm
Not right now. It's about to crash and burn with my new speaker rig the girlfriend has forced me to buy soon.post #2542 of 782112/7/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
I wish my other half would force me to buy a stax 009 and blue Hawaii. Up to now I still haven't pull the trigger yet. I am still dreaming... once in awhile..post #2543 of 782112/7/12 at 10:38pm
Just start playing your speakers obnoxiously loud. They'll want you to invest in headphones to shut them up. :D
She actually decided we needed speakers because she knew I wanted some and she was getting sick of hearing my 009 from across the room.
'I want to listen to music sometimes with you, too and I know you won't settle for anything less than a completely stretched budget will allow.'post #2544 of 782112/7/12 at 10:58pmpost #2545 of 782112/8/12 at 12:06ampost #2546 of 782112/8/12 at 12:33ampost #2547 of 782112/8/12 at 1:43am
An ebay listing , based in Sydney .It was listed higher , but I noticed they had feedback from a prior sale at that price , so I offered and they accepted
Edited by Soned - 12/8/12 at 8:08ampost #2548 of 782112/8/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
What's the URL for the listing?post #2549 of 782112/8/12 at 2:44pm
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best Equalizer Settings for Classical Music? 2 minutes ago
- › new jvc victor studio headphone the HA-MX10-B 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 9 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 13 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 14 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 15 minutes ago
- › STAX SR-002 In-the-Earspeaker Portable System 15 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 16 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 16 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)