- 3,004 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 141post #2101 of 782010/28/12 at 10:59pmDo the pads slide around your ears ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 782010/29/12 at 5:18ampost #2103 of 782010/29/12 at 5:58ampost #2104 of 782010/29/12 at 6:13ampost #2105 of 782010/30/12 at 5:17amThread StarterQuote:
If you have a specific question, feel free to ask.Quote:
The R10 is a wonderful sounding headphone, a piece of artwork. It's also getting on in the years and Sony no longer services / replaces parts (like the foam around the drivers which can deteriorate). Given its astronomical price tag now, it's really something only serious collectors who know and accept the potential risks should consider.
I really enjoyed the R10 while I had it, but I'm just not into collecting quite like I was and wanted to make room for upgrading my stat rigs. Otherwise I would have kept mine.post #2106 of 782010/31/12 at 1:53amQuote:
Yup. The Isabellina, and the Burson Soloist on its mildest setting, are the two best I've heard with the TH900: for solid state the Burson is really sweet-sounding, but the combination of valves and batteries is hard to mimic: smooth and gutsy.post #2107 of 782010/31/12 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by David1961
After hearing the TH900 at the Cambridge UK head-fi meeting I was thinking on getting a pair to use with the GS-X when l receive it, however there are things being done with the spare money l have so l'll have to put those headphones on hold for sometime.
Would be interesting though, TH900 + GS-X + K-01 vs 009 + BHSE + K-01.
I've also the Aristaeus on order which I should receive the same time as the GS-X so it'll also be interesting, 009 + BHSE + K-01 vs 009 + Aristaeus + K-01.
Probably my pair, then!
The comment back in the thread about impressing you, drawing you into music in a way that makes you take them for granted - then being impressed all over again - is dead right. Also, the 'close perspective' comment is on the money. Although it cedes the crown for title of 'world's best' to the SR009, its LF performance is literally second to none for accuracy and reach. I guess if you combine that with the out-of-head top end of the HD800, you end up with something like the Stax (at almost twice the price).
I'm just hoping the cheaper TH600 lands with most of the TH900 resolution, neutrality and voicing intact, minus the red lacquer. That would be a wow.
With regard to pricing, the UK £1250 + VAT is less than the common US $1999. For once, it's actually cheaper to buy something here than in the States - strike a blow for the beleaguered citizens of Rip-Off Britain!post #2108 of 782010/31/12 at 8:41am
TH-900 ordered and should be here some time next week if I'm lucky. I am usually all about the open headphones but I have very fond memories of the Denon D7000s so I'm looking forward to my time with the flagship from Fostex.post #2109 of 782010/31/12 at 8:49ampost #2110 of 782010/31/12 at 8:51ampost #2111 of 782010/31/12 at 8:53ampost #2112 of 782010/31/12 at 9:12ampost #2113 of 782010/31/12 at 9:30amQuote:
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2114 of 782010/31/12 at 9:37am
I planned to post the link (at least I read it)
nice review btwQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2115 of 782010/31/12 at 9:42amQuote:
+1 for TTVJ thats where I got mine, Todd is a nice guy.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › Damping Factor 40 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › A practical experiment that shows how damping factor works in... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-840 vs Denon AH-D2000 2 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 3 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 10 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)