- 3,004 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 141post #2101 of 778510/28/12 at 10:59pmDo the pads slide around your ears ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 778510/29/12 at 5:18ampost #2103 of 778510/29/12 at 5:58ampost #2104 of 778510/29/12 at 6:13ampost #2105 of 778510/30/12 at 5:17amThread StarterQuote:
If you have a specific question, feel free to ask.Quote:
The R10 is a wonderful sounding headphone, a piece of artwork. It's also getting on in the years and Sony no longer services / replaces parts (like the foam around the drivers which can deteriorate). Given its astronomical price tag now, it's really something only serious collectors who know and accept the potential risks should consider.
I really enjoyed the R10 while I had it, but I'm just not into collecting quite like I was and wanted to make room for upgrading my stat rigs. Otherwise I would have kept mine.post #2106 of 778510/31/12 at 1:53amQuote:
Yup. The Isabellina, and the Burson Soloist on its mildest setting, are the two best I've heard with the TH900: for solid state the Burson is really sweet-sounding, but the combination of valves and batteries is hard to mimic: smooth and gutsy.post #2107 of 778510/31/12 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by David1961
After hearing the TH900 at the Cambridge UK head-fi meeting I was thinking on getting a pair to use with the GS-X when l receive it, however there are things being done with the spare money l have so l'll have to put those headphones on hold for sometime.
Would be interesting though, TH900 + GS-X + K-01 vs 009 + BHSE + K-01.
I've also the Aristaeus on order which I should receive the same time as the GS-X so it'll also be interesting, 009 + BHSE + K-01 vs 009 + Aristaeus + K-01.
Probably my pair, then!
The comment back in the thread about impressing you, drawing you into music in a way that makes you take them for granted - then being impressed all over again - is dead right. Also, the 'close perspective' comment is on the money. Although it cedes the crown for title of 'world's best' to the SR009, its LF performance is literally second to none for accuracy and reach. I guess if you combine that with the out-of-head top end of the HD800, you end up with something like the Stax (at almost twice the price).
I'm just hoping the cheaper TH600 lands with most of the TH900 resolution, neutrality and voicing intact, minus the red lacquer. That would be a wow.
With regard to pricing, the UK £1250 + VAT is less than the common US $1999. For once, it's actually cheaper to buy something here than in the States - strike a blow for the beleaguered citizens of Rip-Off Britain!post #2108 of 778510/31/12 at 8:41am
TH-900 ordered and should be here some time next week if I'm lucky. I am usually all about the open headphones but I have very fond memories of the Denon D7000s so I'm looking forward to my time with the flagship from Fostex.post #2109 of 778510/31/12 at 8:49ampost #2110 of 778510/31/12 at 8:51ampost #2111 of 778510/31/12 at 8:53ampost #2112 of 778510/31/12 at 9:12ampost #2113 of 778510/31/12 at 9:30amQuote:
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2114 of 778510/31/12 at 9:37am
I planned to post the link (at least I read it)
nice review btwQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2115 of 778510/31/12 at 9:42amQuote:
+1 for TTVJ thats where I got mine, Todd is a nice guy.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 40 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 45 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 48 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › 2.1 Computer Speakers. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)