- 3,004 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 141post #2101 of 794910/28/12 at 10:59pmDo the pads slide around your ears ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 794910/29/12 at 5:18ampost #2103 of 794910/29/12 at 5:58ampost #2104 of 794910/29/12 at 6:13ampost #2105 of 794910/30/12 at 5:17amThread StarterQuote:
If you have a specific question, feel free to ask.Quote:
The R10 is a wonderful sounding headphone, a piece of artwork. It's also getting on in the years and Sony no longer services / replaces parts (like the foam around the drivers which can deteriorate). Given its astronomical price tag now, it's really something only serious collectors who know and accept the potential risks should consider.
I really enjoyed the R10 while I had it, but I'm just not into collecting quite like I was and wanted to make room for upgrading my stat rigs. Otherwise I would have kept mine.post #2106 of 794910/31/12 at 1:53amQuote:
Yup. The Isabellina, and the Burson Soloist on its mildest setting, are the two best I've heard with the TH900: for solid state the Burson is really sweet-sounding, but the combination of valves and batteries is hard to mimic: smooth and gutsy.post #2107 of 794910/31/12 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by David1961
After hearing the TH900 at the Cambridge UK head-fi meeting I was thinking on getting a pair to use with the GS-X when l receive it, however there are things being done with the spare money l have so l'll have to put those headphones on hold for sometime.
Would be interesting though, TH900 + GS-X + K-01 vs 009 + BHSE + K-01.
I've also the Aristaeus on order which I should receive the same time as the GS-X so it'll also be interesting, 009 + BHSE + K-01 vs 009 + Aristaeus + K-01.
Probably my pair, then!
The comment back in the thread about impressing you, drawing you into music in a way that makes you take them for granted - then being impressed all over again - is dead right. Also, the 'close perspective' comment is on the money. Although it cedes the crown for title of 'world's best' to the SR009, its LF performance is literally second to none for accuracy and reach. I guess if you combine that with the out-of-head top end of the HD800, you end up with something like the Stax (at almost twice the price).
I'm just hoping the cheaper TH600 lands with most of the TH900 resolution, neutrality and voicing intact, minus the red lacquer. That would be a wow.
With regard to pricing, the UK £1250 + VAT is less than the common US $1999. For once, it's actually cheaper to buy something here than in the States - strike a blow for the beleaguered citizens of Rip-Off Britain!post #2108 of 794910/31/12 at 8:41am
TH-900 ordered and should be here some time next week if I'm lucky. I am usually all about the open headphones but I have very fond memories of the Denon D7000s so I'm looking forward to my time with the flagship from Fostex.post #2109 of 794910/31/12 at 8:49ampost #2110 of 794910/31/12 at 8:51ampost #2111 of 794910/31/12 at 8:53ampost #2112 of 794910/31/12 at 9:12ampost #2113 of 794910/31/12 at 9:30amQuote:
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2114 of 794910/31/12 at 9:37am
I planned to post the link (at least I read it)
nice review btwQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2115 of 794910/31/12 at 9:42amQuote:
+1 for TTVJ thats where I got mine, Todd is a nice guy.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 just now
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 7 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)