- 3,004 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
I bought these after someone described them as his "desert island headphones" in the annual Head-Fi Gift Guide about 2 years ago. I was looking for something to wear at my desk in an open office...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 141post #2101 of 793610/28/12 at 10:59pmDo the pads slide around your ears ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 793610/29/12 at 5:18ampost #2103 of 793610/29/12 at 5:58ampost #2104 of 793610/29/12 at 6:13ampost #2105 of 793610/30/12 at 5:17amThread StarterQuote:
If you have a specific question, feel free to ask.Quote:
The R10 is a wonderful sounding headphone, a piece of artwork. It's also getting on in the years and Sony no longer services / replaces parts (like the foam around the drivers which can deteriorate). Given its astronomical price tag now, it's really something only serious collectors who know and accept the potential risks should consider.
I really enjoyed the R10 while I had it, but I'm just not into collecting quite like I was and wanted to make room for upgrading my stat rigs. Otherwise I would have kept mine.post #2106 of 793610/31/12 at 1:53amQuote:
Yup. The Isabellina, and the Burson Soloist on its mildest setting, are the two best I've heard with the TH900: for solid state the Burson is really sweet-sounding, but the combination of valves and batteries is hard to mimic: smooth and gutsy.post #2107 of 793610/31/12 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by David1961
After hearing the TH900 at the Cambridge UK head-fi meeting I was thinking on getting a pair to use with the GS-X when l receive it, however there are things being done with the spare money l have so l'll have to put those headphones on hold for sometime.
Would be interesting though, TH900 + GS-X + K-01 vs 009 + BHSE + K-01.
I've also the Aristaeus on order which I should receive the same time as the GS-X so it'll also be interesting, 009 + BHSE + K-01 vs 009 + Aristaeus + K-01.
Probably my pair, then!
The comment back in the thread about impressing you, drawing you into music in a way that makes you take them for granted - then being impressed all over again - is dead right. Also, the 'close perspective' comment is on the money. Although it cedes the crown for title of 'world's best' to the SR009, its LF performance is literally second to none for accuracy and reach. I guess if you combine that with the out-of-head top end of the HD800, you end up with something like the Stax (at almost twice the price).
I'm just hoping the cheaper TH600 lands with most of the TH900 resolution, neutrality and voicing intact, minus the red lacquer. That would be a wow.
With regard to pricing, the UK £1250 + VAT is less than the common US $1999. For once, it's actually cheaper to buy something here than in the States - strike a blow for the beleaguered citizens of Rip-Off Britain!post #2108 of 793610/31/12 at 8:41am
TH-900 ordered and should be here some time next week if I'm lucky. I am usually all about the open headphones but I have very fond memories of the Denon D7000s so I'm looking forward to my time with the flagship from Fostex.post #2109 of 793610/31/12 at 8:49ampost #2110 of 793610/31/12 at 8:51ampost #2111 of 793610/31/12 at 8:53ampost #2112 of 793610/31/12 at 9:12ampost #2113 of 793610/31/12 at 9:30amQuote:
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2114 of 793610/31/12 at 9:37am
I planned to post the link (at least I read it)
nice review btwQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2115 of 793610/31/12 at 9:42amQuote:
+1 for TTVJ thats where I got mine, Todd is a nice guy.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › V Moda Crossfade M100 questions. 1 second ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-580 w/600 Grilles, 650 Cable + Aftermarket Cable. 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)