- 2,931 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex TH-900 and HP-A8C Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:06am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Review: Fostex TH900 Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Fostex... your opinion? Last post on 11/24/13 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 141post #2101 of 586010/28/12 at 10:59pmDo the pads slide around your ears ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 586010/29/12 at 5:18ampost #2103 of 586010/29/12 at 5:58ampost #2104 of 586010/29/12 at 6:13ampost #2105 of 586010/30/12 at 5:17amThread StarterQuote:
If you have a specific question, feel free to ask.Quote:
The R10 is a wonderful sounding headphone, a piece of artwork. It's also getting on in the years and Sony no longer services / replaces parts (like the foam around the drivers which can deteriorate). Given its astronomical price tag now, it's really something only serious collectors who know and accept the potential risks should consider.
I really enjoyed the R10 while I had it, but I'm just not into collecting quite like I was and wanted to make room for upgrading my stat rigs. Otherwise I would have kept mine.post #2106 of 586010/31/12 at 1:53amQuote:
Yup. The Isabellina, and the Burson Soloist on its mildest setting, are the two best I've heard with the TH900: for solid state the Burson is really sweet-sounding, but the combination of valves and batteries is hard to mimic: smooth and gutsy.post #2107 of 586010/31/12 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by David1961
After hearing the TH900 at the Cambridge UK head-fi meeting I was thinking on getting a pair to use with the GS-X when l receive it, however there are things being done with the spare money l have so l'll have to put those headphones on hold for sometime.
Would be interesting though, TH900 + GS-X + K-01 vs 009 + BHSE + K-01.
I've also the Aristaeus on order which I should receive the same time as the GS-X so it'll also be interesting, 009 + BHSE + K-01 vs 009 + Aristaeus + K-01.
Probably my pair, then!
The comment back in the thread about impressing you, drawing you into music in a way that makes you take them for granted - then being impressed all over again - is dead right. Also, the 'close perspective' comment is on the money. Although it cedes the crown for title of 'world's best' to the SR009, its LF performance is literally second to none for accuracy and reach. I guess if you combine that with the out-of-head top end of the HD800, you end up with something like the Stax (at almost twice the price).
I'm just hoping the cheaper TH600 lands with most of the TH900 resolution, neutrality and voicing intact, minus the red lacquer. That would be a wow.
With regard to pricing, the UK £1250 + VAT is less than the common US $1999. For once, it's actually cheaper to buy something here than in the States - strike a blow for the beleaguered citizens of Rip-Off Britain!post #2108 of 586010/31/12 at 8:41am
TH-900 ordered and should be here some time next week if I'm lucky. I am usually all about the open headphones but I have very fond memories of the Denon D7000s so I'm looking forward to my time with the flagship from Fostex.post #2109 of 586010/31/12 at 8:49ampost #2110 of 586010/31/12 at 8:51ampost #2111 of 586010/31/12 at 8:53ampost #2112 of 586010/31/12 at 9:12ampost #2113 of 586010/31/12 at 9:30amQuote:
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2114 of 586010/31/12 at 9:37am
I planned to post the link (at least I read it)
nice review btwQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
No one reads my review :-
Edit: I plan on updating it though now that I've updated the firmware.post #2115 of 586010/31/12 at 9:42amQuote:
+1 for TTVJ thats where I got mine, Todd is a nice guy.
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 9 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 35 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 45 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope) 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi