Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › CyberLabs Solo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CyberLabs Solo

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Does the solo support the iphone 4s?

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post

Does the solo support the iphone 4s?


Of course, they are a match made in heaven.  You will need to make sure the start sequence is right.  Start with iphone, then Solo, then Continental.  Sometimes you may need to turn off 4s and restart 4s again.

 

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalo View Post


Of course, they are a match made in heaven.  You will need to make sure the start sequence is right.  Start with iphone, then Solo, then Continental.  Sometimes you may need to turn off 4s and restart 4s again.

 



that's what I was probably doing wrong, so connect phone via lod, restart 4s, turn on dac, then amp right?

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 

my 4s was on, turned on dac, then amp didn't have any sound

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 

tried restarting, still didn't work.

post #6 of 12

If I am you, try to do the usual problem solving route.

 

1. Make sure all three pieces have enough battery, otherwise charge them up first.

2.  Make sure all connections are secure and not loose or half in.

3.  Make sure you have the latest firmware on you 4s, if you have to update the 4s, make sure you restart the 4s after an update.

4.  Make sure you connect to the right line in/out, not to the coax out on the Solo for instance.

5.   If you still don't have sound, try to isolate the Solo out by connecting just the 4s via LOD to the Continental and see if there is          sound.  If there is still no sound, then the problem may be with either the 4s or the amp.  If you have another amp that you can connect to from the analog out of the Solo, try it,  If it works then it is you amp.  If it doesn't, then it may be the 4s or the Solo.  Then just connect the 4s to the second amp, if it works then, the problem is the Solo, if it doesn't work then the problem is the 4s or the LOD.

6.  After you try all of the above, go to sleep and call ALO in the morning.

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalo View Post

If I am you, try to do the usual problem solving route.

 

1. Make sure all three pieces have enough battery, otherwise charge them up first.

2.  Make sure all connections are secure and not loose or half in.

3.  Make sure you have the latest firmware on you 4s, if you have to update the 4s, make sure you restart the 4s after an update.

4.  Make sure you connect to the right line in/out, not to the coax out on the Solo for instance.

5.   If you still don't have sound, try to isolate the Solo out by connecting just the 4s via LOD to the Continental and see if there is          sound.  If there is still no sound, then the problem may be with either the 4s or the amp.  If you have another amp that you can connect to from the analog out of the Solo, try it,  If it works then it is you amp.  If it doesn't, then it may be the 4s or the Solo.  Then just connect the 4s to the second amp, if it works then, the problem is the Solo, if it doesn't work then the problem is the 4s or the LOD.

6.  After you try all of the above, go to sleep and call ALO in the morning.

this is so frustrating, well the amp's light is orange the dac's light is solid green. what's even worse is tomorrow is saturday.
 

 


Edited by azynneo - 2/10/12 at 11:17pm
post #8 of 12

ALO is open on Saturday.

post #9 of 12

ugh nvm


Edited by AndrewG - 2/11/12 at 3:40pm
post #10 of 12
Gentlemen,

I am interested in purchasinh the "AlgoRhythm Solo -dB + Rx Mk3" package to use it with my MacBook pro and also my Android Samsung galaxy S3 phone or note2 tablet/phone.

I understand that the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB support 24/194 from the Mac and 16/48 from an iDevice, but....

(1) will it work With a Samsung Android galaxy S3 or Note 2 phone ? And
(2) what will be the limitation bits/kHz with the Samsung Android phone ? Will it be better than the 16/48 when connected to an iPhone ?

Many tanks in advance for your reply

Bertrand
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

Gentlemen,

I am interested in purchasinh the "AlgoRhythm Solo -dB + Rx Mk3" package to use it with my MacBook pro and also my Android Samsung galaxy S3 phone or note2 tablet/phone.

I understand that the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB support 24/194 from the Mac and 16/48 from an iDevice, but....

(1) will it work With a Samsung Android galaxy S3 or Note 2 phone ? And
(2) what will be the limitation bits/kHz with the Samsung Android phone ? Will it be better than the 16/48 when connected to an iPhone ?

Many tanks in advance for your reply

Bertrand

I don't think it will work: "The USB input did not work with my Samsung Galaxy III phone". See this link.

post #12 of 12
Thanks. i also figured this since. therefore I got on pre-order for the HiFi-8 Centrance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › CyberLabs Solo