- 32 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 11/12/13 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598 volume balance issue. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Investing for Headphones+DAC Last post on 8/5/11 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
HD 598's?post #1 of 92/10/12 at 12:21amThread StarterI want a headphone that will be good for classical, and like Beatles type music also movies primarly through my Dell XPS. Seeing that the 598s don't require an amp but would prefer one, I can use then before I get an amp. If there is any other headphones you would think are better, let me know, I don't really have a set price limit. The only Sennheisers I have tried are HD429s and didn't think they were any good. But seeing they are $80 and made in China I'm guessing there is a vast difference between the two.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/10/12 at 5:29am
Got my Senns HD598 a few weeks ago...BIG difference between that and my Senns HD428s. The 598s are opened cans so others can hear what you are listening too but because they are open, you get a larger soundstage. I can hear details I never heard before and it feels like 360 degrees of music around with wonderful separation. And they are also extremely comfortable.
I listen to primarily classical and jazz with some classic rock in the mix...and the 598s work great for all of those genres either from my iPod or My Mac computer. I do use amps but they sound great unamped as well. In other words, I am glad I upgraded. Just keep in mind the sound leakage. If that's no a problem, go for it. For closed sealed cans, I turn to my Sony zx700s. Hope this helps.post #3 of 92/10/12 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 92/10/12 at 7:46amQuote:
It depends where you live, are you in the Us or Europe?post #5 of 92/10/12 at 7:47amThread Starterpost #6 of 92/10/12 at 7:52ampost #7 of 92/10/12 at 7:53am
Hmm, you could've gotten them new for 175 on Amazon a few months ago. You can get them for less, by calling J&R Music World and asking for a lower price. If they know you're serious about buying, you could get a nice discounted price.post #8 of 92/10/12 at 8:31amThread Starter
- HD 598's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r 23 seconds ago
- › Headphone, Amp/DAC, cables & case bundle, Great Deal for an... 1 minute ago
- › WESTONE Um pro50 vs W40 1 minute ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones one can buy for $300 to listen to high resolution... 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)