- 32 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598 volume balance issue. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Investing for Headphones+DAC Last post on 8/5/11 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
HD 598's?post #1 of 92/10/12 at 12:21amThread StarterI want a headphone that will be good for classical, and like Beatles type music also movies primarly through my Dell XPS. Seeing that the 598s don't require an amp but would prefer one, I can use then before I get an amp. If there is any other headphones you would think are better, let me know, I don't really have a set price limit. The only Sennheisers I have tried are HD429s and didn't think they were any good. But seeing they are $80 and made in China I'm guessing there is a vast difference between the two.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/10/12 at 5:29am
Got my Senns HD598 a few weeks ago...BIG difference between that and my Senns HD428s. The 598s are opened cans so others can hear what you are listening too but because they are open, you get a larger soundstage. I can hear details I never heard before and it feels like 360 degrees of music around with wonderful separation. And they are also extremely comfortable.
I listen to primarily classical and jazz with some classic rock in the mix...and the 598s work great for all of those genres either from my iPod or My Mac computer. I do use amps but they sound great unamped as well. In other words, I am glad I upgraded. Just keep in mind the sound leakage. If that's no a problem, go for it. For closed sealed cans, I turn to my Sony zx700s. Hope this helps.post #3 of 92/10/12 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 92/10/12 at 7:46amQuote:
It depends where you live, are you in the Us or Europe?post #5 of 92/10/12 at 7:47amThread Starterpost #6 of 92/10/12 at 7:52ampost #7 of 92/10/12 at 7:53am
Hmm, you could've gotten them new for 175 on Amazon a few months ago. You can get them for less, by calling J&R Music World and asking for a lower price. If they know you're serious about buying, you could get a nice discounted price.post #8 of 92/10/12 at 8:31amThread Starter
- HD 598's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 30 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse