- 32 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 11/12/13 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598 volume balance issue. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Investing for Headphones+DAC Last post on 8/5/11 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
HD 598's?post #1 of 92/10/12 at 12:21amThread StarterI want a headphone that will be good for classical, and like Beatles type music also movies primarly through my Dell XPS. Seeing that the 598s don't require an amp but would prefer one, I can use then before I get an amp. If there is any other headphones you would think are better, let me know, I don't really have a set price limit. The only Sennheisers I have tried are HD429s and didn't think they were any good. But seeing they are $80 and made in China I'm guessing there is a vast difference between the two.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/10/12 at 5:29am
Got my Senns HD598 a few weeks ago...BIG difference between that and my Senns HD428s. The 598s are opened cans so others can hear what you are listening too but because they are open, you get a larger soundstage. I can hear details I never heard before and it feels like 360 degrees of music around with wonderful separation. And they are also extremely comfortable.
I listen to primarily classical and jazz with some classic rock in the mix...and the 598s work great for all of those genres either from my iPod or My Mac computer. I do use amps but they sound great unamped as well. In other words, I am glad I upgraded. Just keep in mind the sound leakage. If that's no a problem, go for it. For closed sealed cans, I turn to my Sony zx700s. Hope this helps.post #3 of 92/10/12 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 92/10/12 at 7:46amQuote:
It depends where you live, are you in the Us or Europe?post #5 of 92/10/12 at 7:47amThread Starterpost #6 of 92/10/12 at 7:52ampost #7 of 92/10/12 at 7:53am
Hmm, you could've gotten them new for 175 on Amazon a few months ago. You can get them for less, by calling J&R Music World and asking for a lower price. If they know you're serious about buying, you could get a nice discounted price.post #8 of 92/10/12 at 8:31amThread Starter
- HD 598's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? 32 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 50 seconds ago
- › Harmon Kardon Harkar BT or...HD 598 or ATH50? 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)