- 32 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Unamped Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 11/12/13 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598 volume balance issue. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Investing for Headphones+DAC Last post on 8/5/11 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
HD 598's?post #1 of 92/10/12 at 12:21amThread StarterI want a headphone that will be good for classical, and like Beatles type music also movies primarly through my Dell XPS. Seeing that the 598s don't require an amp but would prefer one, I can use then before I get an amp. If there is any other headphones you would think are better, let me know, I don't really have a set price limit. The only Sennheisers I have tried are HD429s and didn't think they were any good. But seeing they are $80 and made in China I'm guessing there is a vast difference between the two.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/10/12 at 5:29am
Got my Senns HD598 a few weeks ago...BIG difference between that and my Senns HD428s. The 598s are opened cans so others can hear what you are listening too but because they are open, you get a larger soundstage. I can hear details I never heard before and it feels like 360 degrees of music around with wonderful separation. And they are also extremely comfortable.
I listen to primarily classical and jazz with some classic rock in the mix...and the 598s work great for all of those genres either from my iPod or My Mac computer. I do use amps but they sound great unamped as well. In other words, I am glad I upgraded. Just keep in mind the sound leakage. If that's no a problem, go for it. For closed sealed cans, I turn to my Sony zx700s. Hope this helps.post #3 of 92/10/12 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 92/10/12 at 7:46amQuote:
It depends where you live, are you in the Us or Europe?post #5 of 92/10/12 at 7:47amThread Starterpost #6 of 92/10/12 at 7:52ampost #7 of 92/10/12 at 7:53am
Hmm, you could've gotten them new for 175 on Amazon a few months ago. You can get them for less, by calling J&R Music World and asking for a lower price. If they know you're serious about buying, you could get a nice discounted price.post #8 of 92/10/12 at 8:31amThread Starter
- HD 598's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › portable HDD? 20 seconds ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones are too many? 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Pxc 450 , are they any good? 7 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe