- 212 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
AKG or Bose? - Page 2post #16 of 204/5/13 at 5:25pmAKG no contest.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/7/13 at 2:56amMy experience with the Beyerdynamic DT770s is that they isolate extremely well, are fairly compact for a non-collapsible over-ear model, and sound fantastic. They have a lot of detail and can give a punchy bass when it exists somewhat naturally. They're designed as professional recording studio monitors, so they have a good (IMO), natural sound -- no over-the-top bass. I like them a lot. They can be a little clampy but that can be fixed easily by stretching out the headband. This was a MUCH bigger problem, for me, with the Sennheiser 280s which I loved for a while and gradually grew to despise for both comfort and sound. They're very detailed but the sounds weren't separated much so it was more difficult to appreciate than other cans.
Have you considered a noise-blocking IEM? I can't ever find one to stay in my ear but if you don't have that problem, that may be the way to go for travel. Best one Ive tried (haven't tried but a few) was the Klipsch S4s. I use them in my noisy van on my commute. They have a lot of detail, bass, and expansiveness. ...if you can get them positioned in your ear correctly.post #18 of 204/7/13 at 3:19ampost #19 of 204/7/13 at 5:30ampost #20 of 202/10/14 at 3:08am
Bose Quietcomfort 2:
used but the same sound quality with the new ones as I brought them to one of Bose stores, and also with new leather.
superiority of Bose:
- the sound has more bass (well for enjoying the music it will be an advantage but in general for composing and monitoring I don't know)
- more comfortable and light
- more beautiful
- the wire is longer while using the midi controller as it is not possible to use BT.
- not that different from Bose Quietcomfort 15, and I guess as it is in the same price as AKG (300euro) definitely for AKG some amount of the price is for the Bluetooth and not the sound quality
superiority of AKG:
- it has Bluetooth so no need to be worried about the wires
- it is new (although the owner of Bose is my friend and is reliable)
- less bass sound and beats but probably more natural(?)
The most important fact for me is the sound quality (TO BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE INSTRUMENTS IN A SONG) and I guess I am not able to fully evaluate this feature between them as I am not professional in sound engineering and etc. So far as a beginner the Bose one brings more excitement by its stronger bass (my friends also confirm) but I would like a confirmation from specialists.
I would highly appreciate if you help me by that
- AKG or Bose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Help/Reviews with Buysonic.com 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 5 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)