- 216 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
AKG or Bose? - Page 2post #16 of 204/5/13 at 5:25pmAKG no contest.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/7/13 at 2:56amMy experience with the Beyerdynamic DT770s is that they isolate extremely well, are fairly compact for a non-collapsible over-ear model, and sound fantastic. They have a lot of detail and can give a punchy bass when it exists somewhat naturally. They're designed as professional recording studio monitors, so they have a good (IMO), natural sound -- no over-the-top bass. I like them a lot. They can be a little clampy but that can be fixed easily by stretching out the headband. This was a MUCH bigger problem, for me, with the Sennheiser 280s which I loved for a while and gradually grew to despise for both comfort and sound. They're very detailed but the sounds weren't separated much so it was more difficult to appreciate than other cans.
Have you considered a noise-blocking IEM? I can't ever find one to stay in my ear but if you don't have that problem, that may be the way to go for travel. Best one Ive tried (haven't tried but a few) was the Klipsch S4s. I use them in my noisy van on my commute. They have a lot of detail, bass, and expansiveness. ...if you can get them positioned in your ear correctly.post #18 of 204/7/13 at 3:19ampost #19 of 204/7/13 at 5:30ampost #20 of 202/10/14 at 3:08am
Bose Quietcomfort 2:
used but the same sound quality with the new ones as I brought them to one of Bose stores, and also with new leather.
superiority of Bose:
- the sound has more bass (well for enjoying the music it will be an advantage but in general for composing and monitoring I don't know)
- more comfortable and light
- more beautiful
- the wire is longer while using the midi controller as it is not possible to use BT.
- not that different from Bose Quietcomfort 15, and I guess as it is in the same price as AKG (300euro) definitely for AKG some amount of the price is for the Bluetooth and not the sound quality
superiority of AKG:
- it has Bluetooth so no need to be worried about the wires
- it is new (although the owner of Bose is my friend and is reliable)
- less bass sound and beats but probably more natural(?)
The most important fact for me is the sound quality (TO BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE INSTRUMENTS IN A SONG) and I guess I am not able to fully evaluate this feature between them as I am not professional in sound engineering and etc. So far as a beginner the Bose one brings more excitement by its stronger bass (my friends also confirm) but I would like a confirmation from specialists.
I would highly appreciate if you help me by that
- AKG or Bose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2