- 212 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
AKG or Bose? - Page 2post #16 of 204/5/13 at 5:25pmAKG no contest.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/7/13 at 2:56amMy experience with the Beyerdynamic DT770s is that they isolate extremely well, are fairly compact for a non-collapsible over-ear model, and sound fantastic. They have a lot of detail and can give a punchy bass when it exists somewhat naturally. They're designed as professional recording studio monitors, so they have a good (IMO), natural sound -- no over-the-top bass. I like them a lot. They can be a little clampy but that can be fixed easily by stretching out the headband. This was a MUCH bigger problem, for me, with the Sennheiser 280s which I loved for a while and gradually grew to despise for both comfort and sound. They're very detailed but the sounds weren't separated much so it was more difficult to appreciate than other cans.
Have you considered a noise-blocking IEM? I can't ever find one to stay in my ear but if you don't have that problem, that may be the way to go for travel. Best one Ive tried (haven't tried but a few) was the Klipsch S4s. I use them in my noisy van on my commute. They have a lot of detail, bass, and expansiveness. ...if you can get them positioned in your ear correctly.post #18 of 204/7/13 at 3:19ampost #19 of 204/7/13 at 5:30ampost #20 of 202/10/14 at 3:08am
Bose Quietcomfort 2:
used but the same sound quality with the new ones as I brought them to one of Bose stores, and also with new leather.
superiority of Bose:
- the sound has more bass (well for enjoying the music it will be an advantage but in general for composing and monitoring I don't know)
- more comfortable and light
- more beautiful
- the wire is longer while using the midi controller as it is not possible to use BT.
- not that different from Bose Quietcomfort 15, and I guess as it is in the same price as AKG (300euro) definitely for AKG some amount of the price is for the Bluetooth and not the sound quality
superiority of AKG:
- it has Bluetooth so no need to be worried about the wires
- it is new (although the owner of Bose is my friend and is reliable)
- less bass sound and beats but probably more natural(?)
The most important fact for me is the sound quality (TO BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE INSTRUMENTS IN A SONG) and I guess I am not able to fully evaluate this feature between them as I am not professional in sound engineering and etc. So far as a beginner the Bose one brings more excitement by its stronger bass (my friends also confirm) but I would like a confirmation from specialists.
I would highly appreciate if you help me by that
- AKG or Bose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Which earphones to choose? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 3 minutes ago
- › Any good noise-isolating earbuds under $50? 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)