- 216 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: So cal
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- We ALL like such threads: HELP! ~200$ choice 4 head-fi newbie, hi-fi oldie, wanting *involving*... Last post on 11/1/11 at 4:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
AKG or Bose? - Page 2post #16 of 204/5/13 at 5:25pmAKG no contest.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/7/13 at 2:56amMy experience with the Beyerdynamic DT770s is that they isolate extremely well, are fairly compact for a non-collapsible over-ear model, and sound fantastic. They have a lot of detail and can give a punchy bass when it exists somewhat naturally. They're designed as professional recording studio monitors, so they have a good (IMO), natural sound -- no over-the-top bass. I like them a lot. They can be a little clampy but that can be fixed easily by stretching out the headband. This was a MUCH bigger problem, for me, with the Sennheiser 280s which I loved for a while and gradually grew to despise for both comfort and sound. They're very detailed but the sounds weren't separated much so it was more difficult to appreciate than other cans.
Have you considered a noise-blocking IEM? I can't ever find one to stay in my ear but if you don't have that problem, that may be the way to go for travel. Best one Ive tried (haven't tried but a few) was the Klipsch S4s. I use them in my noisy van on my commute. They have a lot of detail, bass, and expansiveness. ...if you can get them positioned in your ear correctly.post #18 of 204/7/13 at 3:19ampost #19 of 204/7/13 at 5:30ampost #20 of 202/10/14 at 3:08am
Bose Quietcomfort 2:
used but the same sound quality with the new ones as I brought them to one of Bose stores, and also with new leather.
superiority of Bose:
- the sound has more bass (well for enjoying the music it will be an advantage but in general for composing and monitoring I don't know)
- more comfortable and light
- more beautiful
- the wire is longer while using the midi controller as it is not possible to use BT.
- not that different from Bose Quietcomfort 15, and I guess as it is in the same price as AKG (300euro) definitely for AKG some amount of the price is for the Bluetooth and not the sound quality
superiority of AKG:
- it has Bluetooth so no need to be worried about the wires
- it is new (although the owner of Bose is my friend and is reliable)
- less bass sound and beats but probably more natural(?)
The most important fact for me is the sound quality (TO BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE INSTRUMENTS IN A SONG) and I guess I am not able to fully evaluate this feature between them as I am not professional in sound engineering and etc. So far as a beginner the Bose one brings more excitement by its stronger bass (my friends also confirm) but I would like a confirmation from specialists.
I would highly appreciate if you help me by that
- AKG or Bose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III just now
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 9 seconds ago
- › Sexiest headphones. 41 seconds ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 2 minutes ago
- › Help with turtlebeach. 3 minutes ago
- › ZTE Axon best android audio player? 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3