Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 55

post #811 of 5142

Sigh. Fiscal responsibility my ass. New things are inbound. The plan is thus:

 

Meizu MX >> micro USB to mini USB cable >> Matrix USB SPDIF converter >> coaxial cable >> FiiO E17

 

 

It's a proof of concept. If it works (and it should), then I'd bet a single-cable solution of 6" or less is possible if I can find someone handy enough for the task. Thanks a lot Head-Fi.

post #812 of 5142
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEG View Post

Sigh. Fiscal responsibility my ass. New things are inbound. The plan is thus:

 

Meizu MX >> micro USB to mini USB cable >> Matrix USB SPDIF converter >> coaxial cable >> FiiO E17

 

 

It's a proof of concept. If it works (and it should), then I'd bet a single-cable solution of 6" or less is possible if I can find someone handy enough for the task. Thanks a lot Head-Fi.

 

Please keep us updated. There is no much information (I only found it in this thread) about using the Meizu MX with USB dacs/converters.

post #813 of 5142
Cause a hearing problem, I need to boost bass only on left channel: Any idea?
Thanks in advance

Galaxy S3 DLJ4+Siyah1.7 Earsonics SM3
post #814 of 5142
okay I got this one, will let you guys know if this works as a one cable solution, I think it will. Good price if it works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Micro-b-male-to-Mini-b-male-data-cable-lead-adaptor-/261124391843?
post #815 of 5142

For US-based customers, here's a link to Lindy's OTG cables.

 

Along with the USB "micro-A to micro-B" cable (i.e. for use with the UHA-6S MKII), they've got the (hard-to-find) USB "micro-A to mini-B" cable (i.e. for use with the ODAC).  Shortest length is 1/2 meter (1.5 feet) which isn't totally ideal for portable use, but it's plenty good enough for me.

 

Do note, Hakshop carries a shorter "micro-A to micro-B" cable (6").. but I've yet to find a shorter (or better) micro-A to mini-B cable than the 1.5 foot one that Lindy's carries (linked above).


Edited by FlySweep - 11/11/12 at 4:56pm
post #816 of 5142
Dammit. Stop making me spend money!

Buying one now. I'm sure I'll find or have a use for it soon enough. Great find.
post #817 of 5142
Thread Starter 

Maybe we need to start a fresh thread? The information on the Lindy cables has been posted half a dozen times now, and new comers are making other threads/posts here asking whether this or that amp will work with their S3 when that information is available every 2-3 pages of this thread thanks to DanBa.

 

Perhaps a new thread with a few very detailed posts summing our knowledge at the very beginning?

post #818 of 5142

Agreed.

 

 

1st post - General and technical descriptions. Describe the role of DACs/amps, their position in the audio chain, and how USB OTG operates. Also include those macro'd pictures showing the physical difference in the plug between OTG and non-OTG male connectors.

 

2nd post - List of all USB DACs currently working with an android phone and how they're connected (as specifically as possible; name and brand of cable vs just "OTG cable"). It's easier to list the DACs and beside them the associated android devices than the other way around, as there are far more android devices than there are USB DACs. Links to pictures and posts might also be here beside their respective entries?

 

3rd post - ???

 

4th post - PROFIT!

post #819 of 5142
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Maybe we need to start a fresh thread? The information on the Lindy cables has been posted half a dozen times now, and new comers are making other threads/posts here asking whether this or that amp will work with their S3 when that information is available every 2-3 pages of this thread thanks to DanBa.

 

Perhaps a new thread with a few very detailed posts summing our knowledge at the very beginning?

 

Sure.. I think a new thread is a good idea.  The Lindy's links I had seen were for international customers.  I hadn't seen anything for US customers  (I could've missed it if it was posted before, though.. if so, my mistake).

post #820 of 5142

Just a quick note

 

Updated my dads Note (version 1) to ICS and it now has the same Dock Audio Output mode setting as my S3 and the Note II (I'm waiting on a cable then will test with the E7)

post #821 of 5142
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Just a quick note

Updated my dads Note (version 1) to ICS and it now has the same Dock Audio Output mode setting as my S3 and the Note II (I'm waiting on a cable then will test with the E7)
I tried this between my old Note 1 and E7, but no luck.
Hope you prove me wrong.
post #822 of 5142

Because i've recently learned that my microUSB-miniUSB cable isn't going to work with my e7 -> s2 i'm looking for a new cable.

From my understanding i need a OTG usb cable, but the only one that fits directly seem to be the Lindy cable.

 

But now i've come across these cables and my question is: can i use these in combination with any usb->miniUSB cable?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #823 of 5142

As far as I know, a stock or custom Galaxy S2 can’t work with any USB DAC for the time being.

post #824 of 5142
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post

As far as I know, a stock or custom Galaxy S2 can’t work with any USB DAC for the time being.

I'm aware of that, but since they're releasing JB anytime now, i have good hopes it will work.

post #825 of 5142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin View Post

I'm aware of that, but since they're releasing JB anytime now, i have good hopes it will work.

DidI hear that right? They are releasing an official Jellybean update on the GalaxyS 2? i
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs