or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 467

post #6991 of 6998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Tidal and Qobuz should both work with UAPP via Bubble UPnP, I can access Google Play Music that way.

The Google Music service has an Authentication API as well as service API, how is Bubble UPnP going to get around that?


Edited by StanD - 7/29/15 at 10:26pm
post #6992 of 6998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Tidal and Qobuz should both work with UAPP via Bubble UPnP, I can access Google Play Music that way.

How do you do this? Also I find Bubble sounds better than UAPP

post #6993 of 6998
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

The Google Music service has an Authentication API as well as service API, how is Bubble UPnP going to get around that?

Like most Google apps/services I believe the API is accessible to other Android apps. Regardless,it works - in case you missed it I am already using this method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXNFX View Post

How do you do this? Also I find Bubble sounds better than UAPP

Set up Google Music in Bubble. Leave Bubble running. Use the UPnP functionality in UAPP to connect to Bubble. Once they're talking, browse your Google Music library in Bubble. Profit.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 7/29/15 at 10:39pm
post #6994 of 6998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Like most Google apps/services I believe the API is accessible to other Android apps. Regardless,it works - in case you missed it I am already using this method.
Set up Google Music in Bubble. Leave Bubble running. Use the UPnP functionality in UAPP to connect to Bubble. Once they're talking, browse your Google Music library in Bubble. Profit.
Google Music is accessible but not Tidal or Qobuz as far as I can see
post #6995 of 6998
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXNFX View Post

Google Music is accessible but not Tidal or Qobuz as far as I can see

It supports them as well as Google Music, I haven't tried them, but assumed it would work the same.
post #6996 of 6998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post


It supports them as well as Google Music, I haven't tried them, but assumed it would work the same.

I tried it with Google Music and Neutron. It works, however, the same songs appear multiple times in the library. I even detached the local media storage from the library. I'll fiddle some more later.

post #6997 of 6998
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

I tried it with Google Music and Neutron. It works, however, the same songs appear multiple times in the library. I even detached the local media storage from the library. I'll fiddle some more later.

I didn't have that issue with UAPP. Cool that it works though right?
post #6998 of 6998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post


I didn't have that issue with UAPP. Cool that it works though right?

Yep, I probably have to sift through the options.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs