Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 416

post #6226 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

I'm wondering if there's a hi-fi grade OTG USB cable for Android phones and Geek Out.

I saw one of them on this forum but I don't know where to buy it.

There are a bunch of them for normal tablets and ipads, of course. I'm looking for a one with socket so I can use it with my Geek Out.

 

I'm looking for:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-Male-to-USB-Female-Converter-OTG-Adapter-Cable-for-Google-Nexus-7-HG-/271720072978

 

PLUS

 

Cable quality of:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZY-HiFi-Cable-OTG-Micro-USB-Cable-for-SONY-PHA-1-PHA-2-6N-OCC-Cable-ZY-058/251691156196

 

Thanks!

 

This one should be the best on the market so far

 

http://www.wiredream.co.kr/shop/item.php?it_id=1386852044

 

54cc1b6da79b3.png 

post #6227 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

 

This one should be the best on the market so far

 

http://www.wiredream.co.kr/shop/item.php?it_id=1386852044

 

54cc1b6da79b3.png 


I'm interested in the black one. How can I buy it here in the states? How much is it?

Do they sell it here in the states?

post #6228 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

I'm wondering if there's a hi-fi grade OTG USB cable for Android phones and Geek Out.

I saw one of them on this forum but I don't know where to buy it.

There are a bunch of them for normal tablets and ipads, of course. I'm looking for a one with socket so I can use it with my Geek Out.

 

I'm looking for:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-Male-to-USB-Female-Converter-OTG-Adapter-Cable-for-Google-Nexus-7-HG-/271720072978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f43c74712

 

PLUS

 

Cable quality of:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZY-HiFi-Cable-OTG-Micro-USB-Cable-for-SONY-PHA-1-PHA-2-6N-OCC-Cable-ZY-058/251691156196?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28797%26meid%3Db37b4512329545249e7e9ab063c23511%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D151542562778

 

 

Thanks!

In any case, please let us know your perceived % increase in fidelity should you choose to grab any of the higher price cables.  Curious minds would like to know.

post #6229 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

I'm interested in the black one. How can I buy it here in the states? How much is it?

Do they sell it here in the states?

 

They're only selling it directly from Korea and international shipping should be fine, at least the pricing in USD looked very reasonable when compared to the KRW counterpart

 

http://www.highendcity.com/usb-otg-cable-15cm/

post #6230 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

This one should be the best on the market so far

http://www.wiredream.co.kr/shop/item.php?itko_id=1386852044

54cc1b6da79b3.png 

Seeteeyou,
Do you know any angle to angle OTG microUSB cable available to people in USA? I don't need hifi or silver version. I need it short, compact and angled. Thanks!
post #6231 of 6236

I use this one which is angled on one side and standard female usb straight on the other:

 

Cable Matters (2-Pack) Micro-USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter

 

from amazon.

 

 

 

post #6232 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

 

They're only selling it directly from Korea and international shipping should be fine, at least the pricing in USD looked very reasonable when compared to the KRW counterpart

 

http://www.highendcity.com/usb-otg-cable-15cm/


sweet. I will grab one for my Geek Out and Note 4! I'm buying this purely out of curiosity.

I wonder how it will increase sound quality.

post #6233 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 


sweet. I will grab one for my Geek Out and Note 4! I'm buying this purely out of curiosity.

I wonder how it will increase sound quality.

Still too expensive IMHO. Unless you have some seriously bad cable now, I don't think it will increase sound quality one iota. Of course it will change your perception of that quality and maybe that's worth the cost to you. They certainly look quite snazzy.

post #6234 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percival View Post
 

Still too expensive IMHO. Unless you have some seriously bad cable now, I don't think it will increase sound quality one iota. Of course it will change your perception of that quality and maybe that's worth the cost to you. They certainly look quite snazzy.

Yeah.

It costs nearly 90 dollars including EMS delivery.

It's too expansive considering that Geek Out is 299 dollars.

I might do this later on when I get some serious amount of cash.

post #6235 of 6236
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

 

This one should be the best on the market so far

 

http://www.wiredream.co.kr/shop/item.php?it_id=1386852044 

 

It ends in a female plug. IF those fancy looking, no outside shielding conductors even made a difference, then you would still need to get a USB cable of the same materials from the female plug to the DAC.

post #6236 of 6236

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact that I'm using for my music.

How would you go about connecting a Fiio E12A (amplifier only) to it?

 

From what I've read, the Z3 seems to be one of the few smartphones that has an audio driver that natively supports HD decoding (source). Is there a way to make use of this? or do I really need a separate DAC?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs