So how do you adjust volume on Hiby??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 386
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5777 of 895111/27/14 at 5:01ampost #5778 of 895111/27/14 at 5:08ampost #5779 of 895111/27/14 at 5:13ampost #5780 of 895111/27/14 at 6:32ampost #5781 of 895111/27/14 at 10:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Warpkitty
I upgraded to Android 5 on my Nexus 7 2012 (sideloaded using adb as the OTA wasn't being pushed). Native USB audio does not work with the two DACs I tried (cheap Startech thing and Matrix mini.)
With cyanogenmod both DACs work fine.
"Record and play back audio in USB host mode
This function is only available on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and Nexus 10 devices from Android 5.0."
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6127700post #5782 of 895111/27/14 at 4:35pmpost #5783 of 895111/28/14 at 2:58am
Those located in the UK may be interested to hear that Cambridge Audio have reduced the price of the DacMagic XS USB dac and headphone amp over this Black Friday weekend to £49-95 ( half price ! ). It's available instore at Richer Sounds but if, like me, you do not have a local Richer Sounds, it is also available direct from their website, post free.
I was considering one of these a while ago but at this price I have now purchased !
It's a very small portable dac which simply has micro USB in and 3.5 analogue out with 2 buttons on top to control volume. I understand that it is an analogue volume control and it uses the Sabre ESS9023 chip, but has no battery for internal power. Interestingly, I see from the manual that it has 2 modes - USB 1 and USB 2 ( they provide a driver for Windows for the USB 2 mode ) and I wonder if this gives more flexibility regarding the hardware it can operate with. In the UAPP list I see that they suggest you will need to use the USB 2 mode but I would have thought ( and hope ! ) that the USB 1 mode should work natively with a lot of USB OTG enabled Android devices.post #5784 of 895111/28/14 at 12:04pmSome latest smartphones & USB DAC/amp in Japan:
The legend from top to bottom are: [Thank AnakChan for translating!]
High res quality play back
44.1kHz/16bit CD quality play back
Unstable (probably means connectivity is inconsistent)
SU-AX7 using camera connection kit
[The reviewer is not aware of USB Audio Player PRO or HiByMusic which can play and transmit high resolution audio to USB DAC. ]
Sony Xperia Z3:
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge:
Sharp Aquos Zeta:
Fujitsu Arrows NX:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active:
Onkyo DAC-HA200: rebranded TEAC HA-P50 with different opamp
http://www.head-fi.org/t/719331/jvc-su-ax7-new-portable-headphone-amp-dacpost #5785 of 895111/29/14 at 12:28ampost #5786 of 895111/29/14 at 8:03ampost #5787 of 895111/29/14 at 8:22amNever mind. Operator error. Lol.post #5788 of 895111/29/14 at 3:29pm
GoRave wireless multi-room audio & Android USB audio:
"Any audio content your device can output (except phone calls) can be cast from your GoRave Audio Sender to the Audio Receiver and played on the great-sounding loudspeakers in your space."
Android device > digital USB audio out >> GoRave Android Audio Sender >> SKAA radio link >> GoRave AR5 Audio Receiver >> GoRave speakers
"Most Android devices will work fine with GoRave. However, GoRave depends on the Android software and the device manufacturer.
All devices with Android v5 “Lollipop” will work perfectly with GoRave.
Devices with Android v4.4 “KitKat” and earlier (v4.1 “Jelly Bean” and v4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich”) will likely play just fine. Your Android device will need to have USB Audio Output turned on in order to play your audio via the GoRave Android Audio Sender. If you don’t hear audio playing on your GoRave speakers, check that the USB Audio Output feature is enabled in your Android OS settings.
Android’s USB Audio Output feature requires “USB Host Mode”, also known as “USB OTG (On-The-Go)” hardware. Most device manufacturers support this feature in their hardware. If your device does not have USB Host Mode / USB OTG, you can still play with GoRave via a music player application called USB Audio Player Pro.
If you’re not sure if your Android device will work with GoRave, try it with a USB loudspeaker or dock. If you can play from your device with USB speakers work, then your device supports USB Host Mode.
http://gorave.com/support/what-android-devices-work-gorave-android-audio-sender/post #5789 of 895111/30/14 at 12:15ampost #5790 of 895111/30/14 at 3:07am
I'm trying to figure out how do i replace my old iRiver h120 in the car with a brand-new-awesome-android-phone.
I'm looking for an app to be able to...
1. Play music, including lossless stuff
2. Handle directory-based navigation
3. Have DSP plugins with open-source framework (or at least a sample plugin + compiling example). or be open-source with compile instructions or something like that.
4. Have a parametric EQ (less of importance, i can do it in 3 myself...)
I want to implement a simple channel delay to equalize time delay between channels in the car - when you sit asymmetrically and the sound comes with a time difference from right and left speakers... Also i need the parametric EQ to fix frequency response to some degree...
Seems an mp3 player from 2003 is still better than 2014 androids :)
The rockbox for adroid is still unusable :(
Please please please, if you have any ideas :)
Or just screw it, and use beagelbone black + android as a remote... hmmm.
Edited by S3TUP - 11/30/14 at 3:18am
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Beyerdynamic T1s 35 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Resonate impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze's new Sine DX 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear