Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 302

post #4516 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

I can't seem to  find any discussion of this anywhere in the thread, but has anyone tried the original Galaxy Note phone with any DAC using UARP/UAPP? I actually have the S3 and using it as a digital transport with my reference system, but my brother upgraded to the 5S last year and his Note has been in his drawer since. He's gonna give me the phone for free, so I was thinking if it works using UAPP I can get a dock for it too and permanently use that one with my system instead. The S3 will basically be completely just a phone (unless I have to charge the Note; I have spare batteries for the S3), while the Note will be on the dock when I listen then I'll take it out and use it for browsing the internet when I don't need a computer and keyboard for what I'm looking at (like 9Gag and Cracked before I sleep).

 

According to the UAPP/UARP web site, only the Galaxy Note 1 I717 can work with a UAPP/UARP-compliant USB DAC [probably thanks to its functional USB host feature].

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

post #4517 of 5257

Another data point for DanBa to add to his list.

 

Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 (ME302C) with stock Android 4.3 ROM & kernel (build JSS15Q.US_epad-V5.0.16-20140226)

 

Fiio E07k: does NOT work with PowerAmp or Google Music player. 

Fiio E17: does NOT work with PowerAmp or Google Music player. 

UAPP WORKS with both DACs

post #4518 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post
 

 

According to the UAPP/UARP web site, only the Galaxy Note 1 I717 can work with a UAPP/UARP-compliant USB DAC [probably thanks to its functional USB host feature].

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

 

Thanks! I'll check the version now :D

post #4519 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

Now that I have a 128GB microSD card, I'm mostly using the Dragonfly to be honest. It only really works via UAPP, so the increased local storage makes a world of difference as to how usable it is for me with the phone - with enough local storage the form factor just puts it over the top. It's basically an inline DAC/amp, which is really where you want to be with this whole game if you're going for truly portable, rather than transportable.

 

When I want to just listen to Spotify and stuff then the Pico still serves very nicely there.

 

Got to agree with that...My Xperia Z with a Dragonfly is far easier to use and carry than my previous rig.

post #4520 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Try swapping the cable. I had a similar problem, there was some dirt in the connection causing the USB connection to rapidly switch on and off, just putting the cable in and out a few times solved my issue.

 

Thanks for both of your responses mate!

 

I've tried three different cables now (two of which came with the E18) and still getting the same result.

 

Even if the connect/disconnect issue disappears, the fast forward issue remains.

 

EDIT: Finally, USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO seems to be working..

 

But why is THAT working, and nothing else?


Edited by White Lotus - 4/10/14 at 8:05pm
post #4521 of 5257

Hi folks

 

I assume that the larger Hifimediy Sabre U2 async model (with usb A plug) is not compatible with android OTG?

 

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=123

 

When connected to to a Samsung Galaxy tab 3.8.0, the file plays in UAPP (trial) but there is no sound.  Also UAPP gives error message.

post #4522 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Try swapping the cable. I had a similar problem, there was some dirt in the connection causing the USB connection to rapidly switch on and off, just putting the cable in and out a few times solved my issue.

 

Thanks for both of your responses mate!

 

I've tried three different cables now (two of which came with the E18) and still getting the same result.

 

Even if the connect/disconnect issue disappears, the fast forward issue remains.

 

EDIT: Finally, USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO seems to be working..

 

But why is THAT working, and nothing else?


UAPP is not just a music player, it got it's own interface to the USB unlike other which still uses the default Android framework, most likely your phone does not natively support USB audio and UAPP cured that.

post #4523 of 5257

UAPP is really a good player.   it is just Too bad that UAPP cannot access files stored on Wireless HD !  Am I correct ? 

post #4524 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonm12 View Post
 

S/PDIF converter work the same way as USB DAC (on the digital aspect), it just bypass the digital signal instead of converting it.

the phone is unable to sense the DAC , since the USB converter support 24/192 and this is the only option the phone can sense. (anyway I will make sure 96 is bypassed with "USB PRO PLAYER").

 

the DAC is a car processor capable of CD quality only.

 

this test will give us better understanding..


How did it go?

post #4525 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post
 

Hi folks

 

I assume that the larger Hifimediy Sabre U2 async model (with usb A plug) is not compatible with android OTG?

 

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=123

 

When connected to to a Samsung Galaxy tab 3.8.0, the file plays in UAPP (trial) but there is no sound.  Also UAPP gives error message.

 

According to the UAPP web site, the Galaxy Tab 3.8 and the HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 are compatible with UAPP.

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

 

Apparently, some component of your setup is not functional.

 

Each component should be separately tested:

 

. Test the USB DAC with a PC or a Mac:

 

PC >> HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

 

 . Test the Android device with a USB OTG adapter cable and a simpler USB peripheral like a USB mouse or a USB keyboard:

 

Android device >> USB OTG adapter  >> USB mouse

 

. Test the setup with a USB OTG adapter :

 

Android device >> USB OTG adapter  >> USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

 

"Important: connect your device BEFORE starting the UAPP app, otherwise it will not get detected!"

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/4485#post_10438894

FAQ:
http://goo.gl/A4dCnP

post #4526 of 5257

Another data point:

 

Sony Xperia M (CM11) and Nuforce uDAC/uDAC-SE

Didn't work with stock ROM (Telecom NZ Android 4.1) with or without UAPP.

Works with and without UAPP (playback pauses/interruptions with Android OS, flawless with UAPP)

post #4527 of 5257

Should I blindly get the Fiio E18 for my Moto G(most probably)? Or is there anything else within the budget or for a bit more that I should get?

post #4528 of 5257

Guys, I will receive my HUGO next wee, and still I am looking for the best source for my HUGO. My main problem with most sources is the limited capacity of the devices to store all those BIG high-res files: I have +200 Gb of music ! 

 

--> is there a way to access files stored on a portable WiFi HD ?   Like iDevices can play their files stored on a  Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB hard drive ?

 

 

Also, can you tell me if on Android phones, is it possible to use PHYSICAL butons to     "pause"   or   ">SHIP to next track"    music tracks ?

 

 

thanks again for you help.  

post #4529 of 5257
Geek Wave

LH Labs (a division of Light Harmonic) has started a campaign in IGG about a DAC +Amp +Battery +Storage with the ability to play streaming and DSD files.

In the Geek Force forum, Larry Ho was taking a about other varieties. Geek Wave fi (femto clock + internal upgrades) and Geek Wave Xfi (Wave fi + dual-mono ES9018K2M + FPGA).

The later I was interested in. Will give Hugo a run for its money.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro
post #4530 of 5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-i-c-k-e-y View Post

Geek Wave

LH Labs (a division of Light Harmonic) has started a campaign in IGG about a DAC +Amp +Battery +Storage with the ability to play streaming and DSD files.

In the Geek Force forum, Larry Ho was taking a about other varieties. Geek Wave fi (femto clock + internal upgrades) and Geek Wave Xfi (Wave fi + dual-mono ES9018K2M + FPGA).

The later I was interested in. Will give Hugo a run for its money.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

 

links please to all those interesting news...

 

thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs